Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
    Someone will offer him way more than 10 probably 16
    Recently signed backup PG's have gotten 10-12m/yr at best, above that you get guys who are starters or were in the process of stepping into starting roles when their contracts got signed. 16m to date has gotten guys like Dragic, Reggie Jackson, and Schroeder (all signed as or to be starters).

Anything can happen in a given offseason, but Ujiri should be able to avoid something like 16m.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Someone will offer him way more than 10 probably 16
      Maybe in the summer of '16. Teams are capped out again and Delon Wright is pretty much pigeonholed as a good backup
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• UFA Point Guards this offseason include: Rubio, Lin, Kemba, Collison, Bayless, CoJo, Rondo, Ish Smith, Beverley, Barea, and Payton.

Other RFA PGs include Russell, Teodosic, Rozier, Mudiay, and Brogdon.

So that means there's a lot of potential vacancies / player movement possible, but also a lot of competition for the available dollars.

Comment

• I think you lock up this kid now. He will eventually be our starter, maybe as earlier as next year.

A report last night suggested his agent was coming in for a meeting this weekend. And reasonable contract was 3 years 36. I’d rather go for the longer term for a bit less money. A Powell type contract is acceptable 4-5 years. Although he might want to set himself for another long contract when he’s 30

Comment

• Wright is not a elite pg but he can defend elite PG’s fairly well, as well as being able to defend multiple positions. He’s a good enough shooter that people can’t lean off of him and he is dangerous slasher with great vision.

You can surround this kid with talent and he’ll make sure the ball get’s to the right places. 10-12 is similar to a 7mil contract 4 years a go. That’s good value.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
              ...He’s a good enough shooter that people can’t lean off of him and he is dangerous slasher with great vision...
              I think his 3pt shot continues to improve over the next couple of years as his confidence grows. I agree with an extension. Only concern is his history of injury, but I have faith in his intelligence, game prep and the Raptors training staff.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                I think his 3pt shot continues to improve over the next couple of years as his confidence grows. I agree with an extension. Only concern is his history of injury, but I have faith in his intelligence, game prep and the Raptors training staff.
                Wright is 26 years old. He is more or less the player that he is. A solid but unspectacular backup PG with good defence that sometimes disappears when under pressure.

Don't get me wrong, I like Wright but only for the right (heh) price!

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                  Wright is 26 years old. He is more or less the player that he is. A solid but unspectacular backup PG with good defence that sometimes disappears when under pressure.

Don't get me wrong, I like Wright but only for the right (heh) price!
                  He's 26, but actual playing and practice time with the team is far less than normal for aa player his age because of injuries. He missed training camp two years in a row. And wound up playing on a good roster. It's only in the last year and a half that he has had a chance to make real reps. That's why I think there is room for improvement. His 3pt shot already looks smoother. I think he makes it a reliable part of his repertoire this season.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                    He's 26, but actual playing and practice time with the team is far less than normal for aa player his age because of injuries. He missed training camp two years in a row. And wound up playing on a good roster. It's only in the last year and a half that he has had a chance to make real reps. That's why I think there is room for improvement. His 3pt shot already looks smoother. I think he makes it a reliable part of his repertoire this season.
                    Sure there is room for an improvement but he lacks that killer instinct that FVV displays on a regular basis which is why Fred took his position in only his 2nd season.

Also related, how much will Wright want in his extension?! Interesting but related development out of Boston...
                    Last edited by Hotshot; Sat Oct 13, 2018, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Sure there is room for an improvement but he lacks that killer instinct that FVV displays on a regular basis which is why Fred took his position in only his 2nd season.

Also related, how much will Wright want in his extension?! Interesting but related development out of Boston...

Well, most of the market for Rozier is after his explosion and performance after Kyrie went down. He was arguably the team's most important player when all their stars were out -- I'd say a toss up between him and Horford.

Delon Wright is most certainly not making that much, but he will likely make upwards of $10M.
                      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                        Well, most of the market for Rozier is after his explosion and performance after Kyrie went down. He was arguably the team's most important player when all their stars were out -- I'd say a toss up between him and Horford.

Delon Wright is most certainly not making that much, but he will likely make upwards of $10M.
                        Yep. Rozier is like Powell in terms of sample size was too small to justify a major pay hike. Let the buyer beware.

Comment

Yep. Rozier is like Powell in terms of sample size was too small to justify a major pay hike. Let the buyer beware.
                          Exactly. From a mental standpoint, Rozier wasn't looking over his shoulder when he had all that playing time and all those touches without the team's stars around him. He's just taking advantage of his current leverage based on what he managed to do during the postseason.
                          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• I wasnt saying hes worth 16 but hed get it. Raps could prob lock him in for 12. Ill be pissed if they lose him.

Comment

I wasnt saying hes worth 16 but hed get it. Raps could prob lock him in for 12. Ill be pissed if they lose him.
                              All future contracts & extensions are currently tied up to Kawhi's summer 2019 decision.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                                Exactly. From a mental standpoint, Rozier wasn't looking over his shoulder when he had all that playing time and all those touches without the team's stars around him. He's just taking advantage of his current leverage based on what he managed to do during the postseason.
                                Yes and he is putting up the pressure cause its fool's gold.
                                Rozier doesn't strike me as a high basketball I.Q point guard and seems to be a very streaky shooter. If you give him more time, he would probably produce less.

Comment

Working...
                                X