Everything Delon Wright

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Could be, but there are several PGs on the market next year, and Wright is in that awkward spot where he's too old to be their PG of the future, and not established enough as a starter to be a guy you drop a lot of cash on for current levels of production.

Plus, Phoenix should definitely have offer-sheeted FVV and somehow screwed that up, so I'm not going to worry about Phoenix until I'm sure I have to.
    What sort of projected stats does Delon have? Any good? Because they may perceive him as a player who could flourish given the opportunity. Teams are always looking for those under utilized players they project could breakout.

Comment

• MU needs to make trades to limit nurses options.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
        MU needs to make trades to limit nurses options.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
          weeds legal now I suppose

Comment

• For the next scheduled Lowry "rest day", would really like to see Nurse go with Wright in the starting lineup (instead of Freddy). Curious to see how he fares.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              For the next scheduled Lowry "rest day", would really like to see Nurse go with Wright in the starting lineup (instead of Freddy). Curious to see how he fares.
              Highly unlikely. Masai just convinced the board to write a cheque to make an 18M bet on FVV. And they passed on Wright's extension. Freddy is a clear #2 in the PG pecking order, come hell or high water.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                Highly unlikely. Masai just convinced the board to write a cheque to make an 18M bet on FVV. And they passed on Wright's extension. Freddy is a clear #2 in the PG pecking order, come hell or high water.
                Yeah they arlready bet on FVV. They are going to keep giving him chance to earn that contract
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                  Yeah they arlready bet on FVV. They are going to keep giving him chance to earn that contract
                  Norm's contract says that Masai isn't really concerned with the idea of contract dictating minutes.

But you're right, don't think we see Wright in the starting lineup simply because his role card is "spot-minute bench guy". Often tough to shake a label.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Norm's contract says that Masai isn't really concerned with the idea of contract dictating minutes.

But you're right, don't think we see Wright in the starting lineup simply because his role card is "spot-minute bench guy". Often tough to shake a label.
                    Norm got his chances but injury completely sidelined him
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                      Norm got his chances but injury completely sidelined him
                      That's another factor working against Wright. He can't stay healthy for more than 15 games at a time.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        Here's an idea: they should actually give him a chance to earn that contract.

At 9M a year, what he needs to do to earn it, is perform exactly as he did last year, as an off-ball glue guy.

Having him waste possessions by dribbling the ball into the floor and starting him in a creator spot is just another way to hold him back from earning that 9M.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• No appreciation for Delon Wright? Glad he's going to a team that badly needs bodies because it feels like he never got a fair shake under Nurse. Nowhere near the unconditional love and unlimited opportunity that FVV is getting.

Comment

• Apparently Delon wanted to get traded. He was an RFA that wasn't getting many minutes here. He wanted to go to a place where he could play and not be a 3rd stringer.

It's too bad Memphis still has Conley but either way he should still get plenty of minutes there. Good luck to him. I have a feeling he'll be in the NBA for a long time though. Will probably end up as a journey man though.

Comment

• Wright always reminded me of Calderon in his early days, coming off the bench to provide change-of-pace scoring in the paint, while also distributing the ball well to make his teammates better. Of course, Wright is also a great defensive player. Given an opportunity, I think he could become one of the premier backup PGs in the league, especially if his 3pt shots continues to improve.

Comment

• I really like Wright. The flashes he shows in certain plays he makes scoring or just driving are amazing, way above 3rd stringer level. The weird thing is how irregular those flashes are, like if he can pull that out of his pocket whenever he wants, why doesn't he do it more often? Hopefully he gets some regular + increased playing time and can turn his potential into some consistent production. Definitely rooting for him.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X