Everything Delon Wright

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    They're selecting 20th. What did you really expect from this pick? There is a lot of time between now and November. This was one of many potential pieces to come.
    People seem to think the 20th is going to be a significant game changer. Most picks in this range are prospects with potential that never amount to much, or guys who find their niche and are solid role players. A capable defender will help this team, with or without Casey/Lowry/DD/JV.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
      People seem to think the 20th is going to be a significant game changer. Most picks in this range are prospects with potential that never amount to much, or guys who find their niche and are solid role players. A capable defender will help this team, with or without Casey/Lowry/DD/JV.
      Picks above 10 are ALWAYS hit or miss.

Comment

Exactly. Most picks in this range and beyond washout.

I'm glad he went this way, it was what I said I was hoping for going into the draft: an older player where it's more clear whether he's capable of playing at the pro level.

This is a guy who should be able to contribute. He's a real asset and not and "IOU" to the fans.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          Exactly. Most picks in this range and beyond washout.

I'm glad he went this way, it was what I said I was hoping for going into the draft: an older player where it's more clear whether he's capable of playing at the pro level.

This is a guy who should be able to contribute. He's a real asset and not and "IOU" to the fans.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
          Plus he should contribute while on his rookie deal. Guys like Bruno are getting paid to train for their rookie deal, then have to be re-signed before they really are able to hit their stride in the league. Wright's extension will be paid based on production rather than potential.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Solid rebounder from the guard spot too.
            I'm liking the pick even more. If you can guard multiple positions, rebound and pass the ball without turning it over, there's always minutes available on any NBA roster. Chuck Hayes is a good example of that. As a backup, Wright is almost perfect for this team, assuming his skills translate.

Comment

Payton is gonna a beast. He just need to put on the work on his shot.

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
              Are you kidding me Elfrid is a triple double machine. So much better than Ennis at this point. Once he gets a decent midrange (forget about 3 point shooting) and better free throws he will go from averaging 13 points a game to 15-16. Guys like this though are good cause they are always looking to make the smart play cause they understand their limitations. That being said we have a better overall prospect in my opinion.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                I'm liking the pick even more. If you can guard multiple positions, rebound and pass the ball without turning it over, there's always minutes available on any NBA roster. Chuck Hayes is a good example of that. As a backup, Wright is almost perfect for this team, assuming his skills translate.
                Positionless basketball is the new black.

Comment

Plus he should contribute while on his rookie deal. Guys like Bruno are getting paid to train for their rookie deal, then have to be re-signed before they really are able to hit their stride in the league. Wright's extension will be paid based on production rather than potential.
                  Right. This is more of an apprenticeship than a school session. He will produce something for the cause.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                    As per the post I put on page 3 from SI, assists, rebounds and blocks per 40 have the strongest correlation to success in the NBA, with steals per 40 a strong indicator of success. Can't see why his game wouldn't translate.

Comment

He seems to 'understand the game'. Guys like that always find a way to stick around the league.
                      If he get to 200lbs and add a 3pt shot, he can have a long career in the nba (not a superstar career, but a solid one).

I think his frame is preventing him from finishing at a high rate at the rim.

PG needs to shoot the 3 at a respectable rate. And if you can't shoot; defense will adjust, cut your passing angles and prevent your drive (rondo). They will basically play 5 on 4 on defense.
                      The only solution to a pg who can't shoot is to add the shooting somewhere else on the floor, at the 3 and 4 spots (Magic is facing that issue now); Payton and Oladipo will cause chaos with their drives IF THEY HAD THE NECESSARY SPACING.

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                      Are those the only shots he can take now? Last year Kobe made 28% of his threes. I didn't know that when we talk about pgs that can't shoot we ignore the above 50% from the floor and only focus on behind the 3pt line. Seems like he is a player that excels at making shots but struggles from behind the arc.

Very different image, and more truthful, than a pg that can't shoot

Comment

I have no idea what happened to the mock drafts thread.. I think it got merged somewhere but I just wanted to point out that I picked us to get this guy. I'm so smart!
                        your pal,
                        ebrian

Comment

Best thing is the weakest part of his game is the strength of his older brother.

I think he'll have a solid tutor and training partner.

Comment

http://www.tmz.com/2015/06/26/nbas-d...-announcement/

Comment

I think what stood out to me was that he's getting his blocks and steals from anticipation, not ticky tacky stuff where he's just picking the pocket of a poor ball-handler. He appears to have a good feel for the game, the vision to see where the ball is moving so that he can anticipate a chance to steal the ball and also the spacing of a shot and when might be a good time to jump and get a block.

He just seems like a smart guy with good instincts, and a good awareness of his own physical limitations.
                              your pal,
                              ebrian

Comment

I still think Demar or Kyle will be gone.
                                Wright will struggle mightily to score if he can't shoot the 3; plus if doesn't get stronger, he won't be able to finish around the basket.

His pullup jumper is a weakness according to DE. Add to that he can't score on the block.

I think he'll have a really hard time scoring in the NBA. But if he can hustle and give you good D, I can live with that.

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                                Delon Wright just needs to not destroy the locker room and he'll be fine lol.

I really don't know about this pick. It's VERY hard for PGs who don't shoot the three to thrive in the NBA. I guess the ideal comp would be Livingston, but his height let's him abuse other guards in the post...Wright had better be an absolute monster on D.

And with his lack of shot, how do you play him and Demar at the same time? Is this a hint that Demar isn't in the longterm plans?

Comment

Working...
                                X