Everything Delon Wright

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://player.sportsnet590.ca/ Casey coming on next to talk about the draft
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Jangles wrote: View Post
      If nothing else changes between now and November, very little will change next season. A rookie back up PG, playing 10-15 mpg will do virtually nothing for this team. He's not going to be the difference between us losing to or beating Wall and the Wiz.

Even if the kid plays more and is a able to lock down good PGs right off the bat, its the system thats truly broken and he will likely be less effective anyway.
      Dude, we have $22M in cap space now, shit will definitely change between now and November. We'll get a key FA like Harris or Millsap or Danny Green, and we'll get to add someone else as well, or possibly keep Lou, although I'd like to move on from Lou and keep the trend of only having players that can play defense.

Once we traded GV I figured Wright would be the pick. This guy is going to be a stud right from the get go, I guarantee he ends up one of the top 5 rookies this season. Also, the talk of him not being a good shooter are pretty dumb sounding to me considering he shot 35.6% from 3 on 2.1 attempts per game (Vasquez shot 38% his last year in college and was right around 30% every other year). Seems like he's just as good of a shooter as GV was, with the added bonus of being an amazing defender. I don't see how players can sag off of him if he's hitting 3's at a 35% clip, which is way better than Derozan has ever done (DD shot 16.7% from 3 in college and his best in the NBA was 30.5%).

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
        Dude, we have $22M in cap space now, shit will definitely change between now and November. We'll get a key FA like Harris or Millsap or Danny Green, and we'll get to add someone else as well, or possibly keep Lou, although I'd like to move on from Lou and keep the trend of only having players that can play defense.

Once we traded GV I figured Wright would be the pick. This guy is going to be a stud right from the get go, I guarantee he ends up one of the top 5 rookies this season. Also, the talk of him not being a good shooter are pretty dumb sounding to me considering he shot 35.6% from 3 on 2.1 attempts per game (Vasquez shot 38% his last year in college and was right around 30% every other year). Seems like he's just as good of a shooter as GV was, with the added bonus of being an amazing defender. I don't see how players can sag off of him if he's hitting 3's at a 35% clip, which is way better than Derozan has ever done (DD shot 16.7% from 3 in college and his best in the NBA was 30.5%).
        Not to be a Debbie Downer, but cap space doesn't mean much if we're not an attractive destination to free agents. Our roster will change if Masai's sales pitch is a convincing one.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
          As per the post I put on page 3 from SI, assists, rebounds and blocks per 40 have the strongest correlation to success in the NBA, with steals per 40 a strong indicator of success. Can't see why his game wouldn't translate.
          i dont think the issue is Wright but Casey. by all accounts Stone was a better defender than Buycks yet was never used. unless Wright can go ISO i think a Lou+Ross backcourt is more likely than Wright seeing anything more than garbage time. Casey went with Steimsa and let him rot all year

Comment

Delon Wright is essentially the same size as Ross, but he plays the 1 and Ross plays the 3. That's fcked.
            Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
            Because its 2015

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              Not to be a Debbie Downer, but cap space doesn't mean much if we're not an attractive destination to free agents. Our roster will change if Masai's sales pitch is a convincing one.
              Why wouldn't we be attractive though? We still have a 4 seed playoff team, now we just have even more money to work with and an improved backup PG situation. Blows my mind people think Knicks and Lakers is an attractive situation and we aren't, those teams are hot garbage right now, no one FA will change their fortunes, and the pressure in those cities is unreal and your supporting cast is either 50 year old Kobe or ball hog Melo. Masai made us major players by increasing our cap space to a point we can max out vets like Millsap.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                i dont think the issue is Wright but Casey. by all accounts Stone was a better defender than Buycks yet was never used. unless Wright can go ISO i think a Lou+Ross backcourt is more likely than Wright seeing anything more than garbage time. Casey went with Steimsa and let him rot all year
                Stone and Buycks are absolute dog shit non-NBA level players. Please let's never bring them up again.

Comment

Awesome!
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

The really crazy thing about Wright is that he wasn't recruited at all coming out of HS, even though he led his school to a state title. He went to Community College for 2 years, before going to Utah as a Junior. So he really only played heavy NCAA ball for 2 years.

Comment

True, but we also don't know what viable trades might be out there. Raps have the ability to take on salary in a variety of ways.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                        Stone was a D-League scrub. Wright's a first round pick.

Which player will Masai apply more pressure on to play?

And as a lame duck coach, can Casey afford to disobey his boss's wishes?

Comment

Why wouldn't we be attractive though? We still have a 4 seed playoff team, now we just have even more money to work with and an improved backup PG situation. Blows my mind people think Knicks and Lakers is an attractive situation and we aren't, those teams are hot garbage right now, no one FA will change their fortunes, and the pressure in those cities is unreal and your supporting cast is either 50 year old Kobe or ball hog Melo. Masai made us major players by increasing our cap space to a point we can max out vets like Millsap.
                          Logically speaking, I completely agree with you.

But no amount of logic can make "Canada smell different".

Comment

Isn't the biggest part of the pitch not "We the North" but "We play in the East"? If I'm a marquis free agent who can carry a team (i.e. Gasol or LMA) and the money is the same everywhere, I'm going out East cause if I land on a decent team, I basically need to beat one other team to get to the Finals. Out West, I can win 49 games and maybe not make the playoffs.

I think it speaks to how dysfunctional the Knicks are that they have never been able to take advantage of that. Maybe the lowly Raptors can?

Comment

When was the last time a big name FA signed with NYK or LAL though? No one wants to go to those teams and they're our main competition.

Comment

When was the last time a big name FA signed with NYK or LAL though? No one wants to go to those teams and they're our main competition.
                                If the Raptors can clear cap space with 1 or 2 shrewd moves, who's to say other teams can't before training camp? NYK and LAL may not be the only options for free agents.

Again, I'm just playing devil's advocate, and reminding not to get ahead of ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X