Everything Delon Wright

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Why shouldn't Lou be back though? He is perfect for the bench once you get greasy YOLO out and an offensively challenged stopper in his place. Our offense took a hit replacing vasquez with Wright, and bench scoring is still very important when your best scorer is Demar Deficiency or Kyle Lowtotheground. That is unless you got 2Pat developing his crossover fadeway this summer (hint: 2Pat is not developing a crossover fadeaway this summer)
    I don't think he should be back because we won't have minutes for him. I'm thinking we sign a SF so Ross becomes the new backup SG (a better fit for him), so no role for Lou. We'd be 2 deep at PG with Lowry/Wright and 2 deep at SG with Demar/Ross. SF will be a FA signing and JJ. PF will be a FA signing and PPat. Center will be JV/Bebe. No minutes or shots for Lou, and the Ross as a SF experiment finally ends.

Another thing working against Lou is that trading GV and drafting only stud defenders tells me we're making defense a priority for all signings from now on. Lou is not a good defender so he doesn't fit that mantra.

Now, if Ross or DD are dealt, then bringing Lou back becomes a distinct possibility.

Comment

• otiswolf1 wrote: View Post
      Reminds me of alvin williams. Herky jerky handles, mature, and makes smart plays. Will be a solid pro
      AW couldn't really get into the lane to save his life though.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
        Agreed. I don't think bringing back Lou is the priority for MU. Having a great bench squad is good for the regular season, but less effective in the playoffs. Also, it's better to have flexibility and options on the bench rather than simply just scoring.
        Also, it's easy as pie to put together a solid bench without sacrificing a huge chunk of your cap space. Delon/Ross/JJ/PP/Bebe is a nice little squad without doing much of anything.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
          So when is he gonna be introduced? Today?

Also it's mildly interesting to see a PG wear #55, that's usually a big man number.
          who cares, it will erase a very bad memory.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
            So when is he gonna be introduced? Today?

Also it's mildly interesting to see a PG wear #55, that's usually a big man number.
            I'm wondering if they hold off til Monday, when the D-League and new jerseys might debut as well? I dunno.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
              The really crazy thing about Wright is that he wasn't recruited at all coming out of HS, even though he led his school to a state title. He went to Community College for 2 years, before going to Utah as a Junior. So he really only played heavy NCAA ball for 2 years.
              Nice digging. Seems like always an underrated guy.

Not flashy may work in our favour

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                Nice digging. Seems like always an underrated guy.

Not flashy may work in our favour
                Sometimes players like this have a chip on their shoulder and pushes them to greater heights than those who have it come easier, no doubt.

Comment

• I actually kind of see Wright as a better facilitating version of George Hill

If he continues with his advanced stats dominance, he may not end up putting up big box score numbers but he could potentially be a solid starting PG on a very good team just because he is so well rounded.

Comment

• Along with the fact that he's a an old rookie, having an older brother in the league means he likely has a much better idea of what to expect and that will make the adjustment easier for him. All good signs to him being more ready to contribute than the average #20 pick (not that he'll be asked to do a lot). Flip side of the coin to Bruno's #20 I guess.
                    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Raptorfanatic wrote: View Post
                      Ujiri indicated the Raptors were going to pick the best available player at 20th regardless of need.
                      Was Delon Wright the best player available ????
                      I would of thought Portis and others would have ranked higher in terms of pure talent.
                      Haha...I wouldn't believe everything Masai says. And if it comes to the draft heis likely to publicly say the opposite!. Besdies, that was a fairly subjective statement....who are we to dispute his valuation of talent of a basketball player? I think the Raps were intent on selecting a pg. If you believe there was a better pg available at #20 that would be more fair debate.

btw...I thought as well there were at least a couple of PFs worth taking at that spot. But then I hadn't heard of Wright before the draft either!!

Comment

• If this guy does not improve his shooting, we will have huge problems spacing the floor.

MU better get some shooter in this team because Ross is our best shooter right now which is quite scary.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                          If this guy does not improve his shooting, we will have huge problems spacing the floor.

MU better get some shooter in this team because Ross is our best shooter right now which is quite scary.
                          All the more reason to move our non-shooting shooting guard.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                            If this guy does not improve his shooting, we will have huge problems spacing the floor.

We're likely to sign a shooting SF. Then, you've got Wright coming off the bench with Ross and Patpat - two very good shooters. Not much cause for concern.

Comment

• Do you guys think he will be the primary backup PG?

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                                Do you guys think he will be the primary backup PG?
                                He has to be the backup PG. Who else would it be?
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X