X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bendit
    replied
    Raptorfanatic wrote: View Post
    Ujiri indicated the Raptors were going to pick the best available player at 20th regardless of need.
    Was Delon Wright the best player available ????
    I would of thought Portis and others would have ranked higher in terms of pure talent.
    Haha...I wouldn't believe everything Masai says. And if it comes to the draft heis likely to publicly say the opposite!. Besdies, that was a fairly subjective statement....who are we to dispute his valuation of talent of a basketball player? I think the Raps were intent on selecting a pg. If you believe there was a better pg available at #20 that would be more fair debate.

btw...I thought as well there were at least a couple of PFs worth taking at that spot. But then I hadn't heard of Wright before the draft either!!

Leave a comment:

• Mess
    replied
    Along with the fact that he's a an old rookie, having an older brother in the league means he likely has a much better idea of what to expect and that will make the adjustment easier for him. All good signs to him being more ready to contribute than the average #20 pick (not that he'll be asked to do a lot). Flip side of the coin to Bruno's #20 I guess.

Leave a comment:

• OldSkoolCool
    replied
    I actually kind of see Wright as a better facilitating version of George Hill

If he continues with his advanced stats dominance, he may not end up putting up big box score numbers but he could potentially be a solid starting PG on a very good team just because he is so well rounded.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    Nice digging. Seems like always an underrated guy.

Not flashy may work in our favour
    Sometimes players like this have a chip on their shoulder and pushes them to greater heights than those who have it come easier, no doubt.

Leave a comment:

• OldSkoolCool
    replied
    Joey wrote: View Post
    The really crazy thing about Wright is that he wasn't recruited at all coming out of HS, even though he led his school to a state title. He went to Community College for 2 years, before going to Utah as a Junior. So he really only played heavy NCAA ball for 2 years.
    Nice digging. Seems like always an underrated guy.

Not flashy may work in our favour

Leave a comment:

Working...
X