No announcement yet.

Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People in the game thread and the commentators on last nights game mentioned that Powell should play some PG. I don't know why this is being tossed around.

While he may be a little undersized he is long and strong. Let him be a 2 guard and just plain concentrate on being the best 2 guard he can be.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
      People in the game thread and the commentators on last nights game mentioned that Powell should play some PG. I don't know why this is being tossed around.

While he may be a little undersized he is long and strong. Let him be a 2 guard and just plain concentrate on being the best 2 guard he can be.
      he's small and needs the ball like Bledsoe. might as well make him a PG. He doesnt have Demars size

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
        he's small and needs the ball like Bledsoe. might as well make him a PG. He doesnt have Demars size
        Hes big enough. 6'4 6'8 wingspan and solid.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          Something wrong with your percentages.

But the first is DeRozan's second year in Summer League and the second is Powell's summer league thus far.
          Where is the error?

And yes those are the players.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            Something wrong with your percentages.

But the first is DeRozan's second year in Summer League and the second is Powell's summer league thus far.
            I know whats up, I averaged everything against itself, so the percentages are an average of each games percentages as opposed to being calculated on the average of fga/m

Comment

• I'll admit Powell has looked great, and I totally see the Bradley comparison.

However, another guy I'd give him a comparison to, oddly enough, is Steve Francis, more due to the height than anything.
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:
              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• I'm enjoying Powell like anyone else, but he looks like a chucker that can play defense. Wish he passed some more.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  I'm enjoying Powell like anyone else, but he looks like a chucker that can play defense. Wish he passed some more.
                  Its summer.league and everyone else sucks though
                  You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• [QUOTEb=Superjudge;496558]Yep.

Perhaps demar Derozan should lace um up and plays a few minutes against these scrubs....maybe he'd get a steal or two and score 20 as well.....

or maybe, he'd have a out 9 steals and likely 40 points.[/QUOTE]

I have no doubt about that, he'd probably get 60 points...

But he'd take 120 shots
                    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                      Hes big enough. 6'4 6'8 wingspan and solid.
                      Everybody says height is unimportant but the advantage of a tall guard is their ability to "see over" defenses. Ross and his TRex arm don't help but his 6'7" height makes it harder for small guards to see over him at SG

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        I'm enjoying Powell like anyone else, but he looks like a chucker that can play defense. Wish he passed some more.
                        what? he's been very efficient. Bruno was chucking last night. dude went like 1-8 from 3.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Summer League is all about chucking. Guys are playing for their basketball lives. Chucking has to be expected.

Comment

He's not small, He is a legit 6'3" so he gets a 6'4" listing with shoes, he also sports a 6'11" wing span and a 215 pound frame. Puts him in the size category as Wade, Gerald Henderson, Eric Gordon, Oladipo, Bradley Beal, Dion Waiters, Marcus Thorton, and OJ Mayo to name a few.
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                              He's not small, He is a legit 6'3" so he gets a 6'4" listing with shoes, he also sports a 6'11" wing span and a 215 pound frame. Puts him in the size category as Wade, Gerald Henderson, Eric Gordon, Oladipo, Bradley Beal, Dion Waiters, Marcus Thorton, and OJ Mayo to name a few.
                              Defensively Powell at PG with two larger wings works better. If he can run point you can avoid running KL and him. Most of the guys listed are considered great SG "for their size"

Comment

Defensively Powell at PG with two larger wings works better. If he can run point you can avoid running KL and him. Most of the guys listed are considered great SG "for their size"
                                He is not and never will be a point guard on offense. I think he can guard the point guard position, but he is just not the type of player that will run a team. He has average size for the NBA off guard spot and that is where he should stay. No reason he can't play with Lowry, it is not like he is Lou Williams on Defence. Besides, he will be a second/third unit guy right now, he will play with Joseph and Wright in the back court, not Kyle.
                                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                                X