Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lupe and I are having a conversation. You got your heels dug in. You seem angry, I'm not.
    I see norm at 3 positions, least of which at SF. The only thing I'm refusing is that norm cant play point, I'm open to the idea, you're not.
    Norm and delon played together a lot. Norm handled the ball and improved a lot on passing out of the double. Delon got some reps off ball. Did you watch?
    Anyway, this isn't worth debating. He has 5-10 yrs and is not even a yr into his career with limited mins. Not gonna box him in before he's even started to really run.

    Comment


    • lewro wrote: View Post
      Lupe and I are having a conversation. You got your heels dug in. You seem angry, I'm not.
      I see norm at 3 positions, least of which at SF. The only thing I'm refusing is that norm cant play point, I'm open to the idea, you're not.
      Norm and delon played together a lot. Norm handled the ball and improved a lot on passing out of the double. Delon got some reps off ball. Did you watch?
      Anyway, this isn't worth debating. He has 5-10 yrs and is not even a yr into his career with limited mins. Not gonna box him in before he's even started to really run.
      Lol sure man. It seems like Lupe and you are repeating the same things as facts over and over again and haven't really addressed any of the points raised against them.

      I don't think anyone here is angry.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

      If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

      Comment


      • Axel wrote: View Post
        Lol sure man. It seems like Lupe and you are repeating the same things as facts over and over again and haven't really addressed any of the points raised against them.
        A process that became pretty apparent in the trade chatter thread and that has led to many posters staying out of these conversations.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

        Comment


        • S.R. wrote: View Post
          A process that became pretty apparent in the trade chatter thread and that has led to many posters staying out of these conversations.
          Ah there's my mistake. I ignored the trade chatter thread for the most part.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

          If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

          Comment


          • iblastoff wrote: View Post
            wait, why doesnt cojo have that ceiling? and based on what? are people forgetting that cojo was probably one of our best players last year? and his biggest offensive weakness, 3 point shooting, has actually improved this year.

            and how the hell does 'powell have tons of room to grow'. based on what exactly? lot of random shit just being said here for no particular reason.
            I've always thought cohos potential as a starter is linited cause he seems to struggle running an offense, lots of useless dribbling. He also hasn't made any big leap from last year, whereas in limited run powell seams to have improved. My 2cents, still kinda agree with you, a lot of posts seem baseless.

            Comment


            • Axel wrote: View Post
              Ah there's my mistake. I ignored the trade chatter thread for the most part.
              Wish I'd made the same mistake.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

              Comment


              • DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                I've always thought cohos potential as a starter is linited cause he seems to struggle running an offense, lots of useless dribbling. He also hasn't made any big leap from last year, whereas in limited run powell seams to have improved. My 2cents, still kinda agree with you, a lot of posts seem baseless.
                CoJo didn't seem to have as much useless dribbling while he played for the Spurs so it seems to be a part of Casey's plan for limiting turnovers. Being able to maintain the dribble with pressure, traps, and in the lane is an underrated skill that some are taking for granted.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                Comment


                • Your parameter of drafted to be a point guard is a strange one. Like do you mean the player played point guard prior to being in the league, or the player was converted to a point guard by the team/coaching staff after playing a different position in college or high school? There are a lot of players who teams try to develop point guard skills with when they come into the league. A lot of the time they don't actually end up playing point guard full time either because they are better suited physically to another position (Giannis is a good example here) or are defensive liabilities as full time points (Lou, Jamal Crawford). Powell is neither. If we can help him grow in that role he'd have a size advantage and not be a liability on defence, in fact he'd be among the best at the position on that end.

                  I don't really understand the aversion to even trying it.

                  Comment


                  • If the coaching staff feels Norm can run the point, they may try it. As long as Masai is holding on to 4 pg's, it doesn't appear to be the case yet.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

                    Comment


                    • Axel wrote: View Post
                      CoJo didn't seem to have as much useless dribbling while he played for the Spurs so it seems to be a part of Casey's plan for limiting turnovers. Being able to maintain the dribble with pressure, traps, and in the lane is an underrated skill that some are taking for granted.
                      I agree that limiting turnovers is a good skill. I really fail to see any skil that makes him a quality starter, not saying i wanna trade him or make powell into a pg either

                      Comment


                      • Lupe wrote: View Post
                        Your parameter of drafted to be a point guard is a strange one. Like do you mean the player played point guard prior to being in the league, or the player was converted to a point guard by the team/coaching staff after playing a different position in college or high school? There are a lot of players who teams try to develop point guard skills with when they come into the league. A lot of the time they don't actually end up playing point guard full time either because they are better suited physically to another position (Giannis is a good example here) or are defensive liabilities as full time points (Lou, Jamal Crawford). Powell is neither. If we can help him grow in that role he'd have a size advantage and not be a liability on defence, in fact he'd be among the best at the position on that end.

                        I don't really understand the aversion to even trying it.
                        Or an aversion to even talking about it. Just like there was an aversion in the freenorm thread. There were arguments to even get the guy on the floor at all.
                        Speculation (like someone's ceiling or future position) cannot be proved bc it hasn't happened. Plenty of people have the same old start pat arguments which has a large body of evidence. Fill your your boots if it makes you happy to talk about it.
                        Imo norm is a better player than cory. We'll see what happens. That's a more exciting reason for me to watch and talk about than what Cory did last yr.
                        There wouldn't be much of a discussion here if people didn't have different ideas.

                        Comment


                        • 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                          If the coaching staff feels Norm can run the point, they may try it. As long as Masai is holding on to 4 pg's, it doesn't appear to be the case yet.
                          Agreed. See what happens.

                          Comment


                          • lewro wrote: View Post
                            Or an aversion to even talking about it. Just like there was an aversion in the freenorm thread. There were arguments to even get the guy on the floor at all.
                            Speculation (like someone's ceiling or future position) cannot be proved bc it hasn't happened. Plenty of people have the same old start pat arguments which has a large body of evidence. Fill your your boots if it makes you happy to talk about it.
                            Imo norm is a better player than cory. We'll see what happens. That's a more exciting reason for me to watch and talk about than what Cory did last yr.
                            There wouldn't be much of a discussion here if people didn't have different ideas.
                            What aversion to talking about it are you going on about? This conversation has been happening just because someone thinks that you are wrong doesn't mean they have an aversion to talking about it.

                            Thinking outside the box is great but you still need to bring better rationale than a few D-League games and your personal preference as the entire argument then dismiss anyone who disagrees as not willing to discuss it.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                            If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                            Comment


                            • Lupe wrote: View Post
                              Your parameter of drafted to be a point guard is a strange one. Like do you mean the player played point guard prior to being in the league, or the player was converted to a point guard by the team/coaching staff after playing a different position in college or high school?
                              Strange? Why is it strange to ask for another example of a player in NBA history being asked to do the same thing; switching to PG in a non-rookie season? Powell was very clearly not on the PG radar in the draft or during the entirety of last season.

                              Every example that has been provided as a sample was a guy who was either a PG in college or displayed enough ball handling skills in college to be drafted as a PG by an NBA team that had a team of experienced professionals assessing whether the player had the necessary skills to play that position at this level.

                              James Harden might be the only exception to that history although his is unique in itself, so why is it wrong for one to question whether Norman Powell is being groomed down that path with the sole "evidence" being his role on a D-League team that is missing its starting PG?
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                              If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                              Comment


                              • Masai would not have brought in FVV if Powell could play point. Maybe next year they'll reconsider but it's not going to happen this year.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X