Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    Gary Harris is a lot better than Norm a of right now. We'll see how they progress though. He's also younger. He's a marksman from 3 which is why he got a much more premium contract, but he's also very good defensively and can create a bit.

    We really need to get out of this habit of overrating our prospects and underrating others.
    When Powell gets minutes with the starting lineup, he performs just as well as Harris.

    You really need to get out of the habit of underrating our prospects.

    Comment


    • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
      Gary Harris is a lot better than Norm a of right now. We'll see how they progress though. He's also younger. He's a marksman from 3 which is why he got a much more premium contract, but he's also very good defensively and can create a bit.

      We really need to get out of this habit of overrating our prospects and underrating others.
      Yeah, Harris is good. $84 million is a lot though. I don't know what the Nuggets cap situation is like, but that dries up next year's market even more.
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

      Comment


      • I'd take Harris over norm and I'd take norm over Booker. Booker is destined to be a volume scorer who won't be able to win.

        Comment


        • 007 wrote: View Post
          Yeah, Harris is good. $84 million is a lot though. I don't know what the Nuggets cap situation is like, but that dries up next year's market even more.
          Nuggets have some big contracts now and some decisions to make. Jokic will most likely get the max. Now with Millsap and Harris they'll be close to it. I could see Faried getting moved for an expiring (he has about $13-14M owed to him next year). Chandler has a player option so they might consider trading him to get some cap relief just in case he opts in. Will be interesting to see what Denver does this summer and by the dead line. They'll definitely be sellers not buyers.

          Comment





          • This makes me feel warm and fuzzy... but it probably means we're unlikely to use him as a trade chip, if Masai sold him on staying part of the core.

            Comment


            • Scraptor wrote: View Post



              This makes me feel warm and fuzzy... but it probably means we're unlikely to use him as a trade chip, if Masai sold him on staying part of the core.
              How did that work out for Isaiah Thomas in Boston? This sport can be ruthless.

              Comment


              • Just watched the video of the post extension interviews. Norm references DeMar several times. Mentions specifically reaching out to him while making his decision. Not the first time he has mentioned DeMar as someone he looks to for advice or as an example. He could do worse, certainly with respect to the loyalty to the organization, the self-respect and the work ethic.

                Comment


                • planetmars wrote: View Post
                  How did that work out for Isaiah Thomas in Boston? This sport can be ruthless.
                  The key difference being Danny Ainge has been shown to be willing to trade anyone (Paul Pierce, KG, Rondo, Bradley, etc etc), whereas Masai Ujiri has long preached continuity and loyalty. I doubt Masai would deal a key piece he brought in--perhaps the most valuable piece, depending on how Serge performs--but who knows.

                  Comment


                  • Scraptor wrote: View Post
                    The key difference being Danny Ainge has been shown to be willing to trade anyone (Paul Pierce, KG, Rondo, Bradley, etc etc), whereas Masai Ujiri has long preached continuity and loyalty. I doubt Masai would deal a key piece he brought in--perhaps the most valuable piece, depending on how Serge performs--but who knows.
                    Masai signed and then traded Nene a few months later when he was in Denver. Amir who is arguably the heart and soul of the Raptors was never brought back. Vasquez loved Toronto yet was dumped for a second round pick and cap space. CoJo was traded for cap space, and he's Canadian!

                    If it can make the team better I have no doubts that Masai would dangle Norm in a trade if he had to.

                    Comment


                    • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                      Gary Harris is a lot better than Norm a of right now. We'll see how they progress though. He's also younger. He's a marksman from 3 which is why he got a much more premium contract, but he's also very good defensively and can create a bit.

                      We really need to get out of this habit of overrating our prospects and underrating others.
                      A lot better is probably a stretch. Harris has been a first round pick on a lottery team the last three seasons, while Norm was a second rounder on a 50 win squad. I think Harris is a good young player but their respective paths to being productive NBA players has been significantly different and I think Norm could easily have matched or exceeded Harris' numbers given the same opportunity over the last three seasons. I don't think the notion that you'd take Norm for 4/42 over Harris at literally twice the amount for the next four years is a crazy statement at all... and in fact I'd agree with it. You're essentially saying Harris is twice the player/prospect that Norm is... doesn't seem right.
                      Last edited by Fully; Sun Oct 8, 2017, 10:44 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Fully wrote: View Post
                        A lot better is probably a stretch. Harris has been a first round pick on a lottery team the last three seasons, while Norm was a second rounder on a 50 win squad. I think Harris is a good young player but their respective paths to being productive NBA players has been significantly different and I think Norm could easily have matched or exceeded Harris' numbers given the same opportunity over the last three seasons. I don't think the notion that you'd take Norm for 4/42 over Harris at literally twice the amount for the next four years is a crazy statement at all... and in fact I'd agree with it. You're essentially saying Harris is twice the player/prospect that Norm is... doesn't seem right.
                        I mean the fact that Norm plays on a better team really isn't relevant to their individual value. Harris is probably the best fit with Jokic longterm of any non-superstar player, that matters. Plus Harris put up significantly better stats last year. 50% from the field and 40% from 3 at 22 years old on a good number of attempts is nothing to brush off.

                        Comment


                        • Norm Powell extension talk
                          @Chr1st1anL

                          Comment


                          • Scraptor wrote: View Post
                            The key difference being Danny Ainge has been shown to be willing to trade anyone (Paul Pierce, KG, Rondo, Bradley, etc etc), whereas Masai Ujiri has long preached continuity and loyalty. I doubt Masai would deal a key piece he brought in--perhaps the most valuable piece, depending on how Serge performs--but who knows.
                            You mean he was willing to trade a 35 yr old Pierce and a 36 yr old KG from a team that hadn't been .500 in two seasons, then a broken down & unhappy Rondo two seasons later, and then was forced to trade Bradley to sign Hayward. Sure he suckered the teams he traded with, but don't overpraise him for hitting eject with those players.
                            Two beer away from being two beers away.

                            Comment


                            • Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              The key difference being Danny Ainge has been shown to be willing to trade anyone (Paul Pierce, KG, Rondo, Bradley, etc etc), whereas Masai Ujiri has long preached continuity and loyalty. I doubt Masai would deal a key piece he brought in--perhaps the most valuable piece, depending on how Serge performs--but who knows.
                              This is an odd comment when we've seen Ross, Patterson, CoJo and Carroll all leave the team within the last 8 months, with JV also being heavily shopped.

                              Comment


                              • So I'm convinced. Norm starting and Miles off the bench is the way to go. Miles seemed to have solid chemistry with Wright and the bench. Wright's a really good ball handler that loves to pass. Miles likes to set his feet and let it fly. Good combo in my opinion.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X