Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I mean, it's no excuse not to play well - I still dominate my local drop-in games despite blazing directly beforehand Norm just seems a little...lackadaisical in his approach, compared to the player I thought he was.

    Comment


    • SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
      I mean, it's no excuse not to play well - I still dominate my local drop-in games despite blazing directly beforehand Norm just seems a little...lackadaisical in his approach, compared to the player I thought he was.
      Well part of it I think was 2 years ago he was really our only prospect..2nd round pick, didn't smile much. We got really excited. He's since been passed by siakam, Poeltl, fred, Delon and OG..most younger, drafted higher, and OG took the "cerebral assasin" character and amplified it. So norm is now just another young guy in a sea of them succeeding
      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

      Comment


      • KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Well part of it I think was 2 years ago he was really our only prospect..2nd round pick, didn't smile much. We got really excited. He's since been passed by siakam, Poeltl, fred, Delon and OG..most younger, drafted higher, and OG took the "cerebral assasin" character and amplified it. So norm is now just another young guy in a sea of them succeeding
        Fair enough. Hard to believe he was the fave to start at the 3 this season.

        Comment


        • SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          Fair enough. Hard to believe he was the fave to start at the 3 this season.
          To be fair, that was with no OG in the equation. But yes, how the mighty have fallen. A bounce back is still well within the realm of possibility, but he'll have to figure out how to play with the bench, something he's always struggled with.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

          Comment


          • SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
            Fair enough. Hard to believe he was the fave to start at the 3 this season.
            People were comparing him to dwane wade lol

            Thank god that's over and we have kawhi leonard
            It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

            Comment


            • DanH wrote: View Post
              To be fair, that was with no OG in the equation. But yes, how the mighty have fallen. A bounce back is still well within the realm of possibility, but he'll have to figure out how to play with the bench, something he's always struggled with.
              What Powell needs to do is develop a consistent 3pter.

              People have thrown Wes Matthews out there as a name to target, but if Norm could shoot that's a moot point. And if he can't he's at best like a Shumpert type player.

              Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

              Comment


              • I still have trust on Norm. He hasn't just been "lucky" in two playoff series. He has the capability to bring something to the table. He caught lightening in a bottle for significant periods in two seasons. The talent is there. He will figure it out.

                Comment


                • Puffer wrote: View Post
                  I still have trust on Norm. He hasn't just been "lucky" in two playoff series. He has the capability to bring something to the table. He caught lightening in a bottle for significant periods in two seasons. The talent is there. He will figure it out.
                  couldnt agree more
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

                  Comment


                  • Puffer wrote: View Post
                    I still have trust on Norm. He hasn't just been "lucky" in two playoff series. He has the capability to bring something to the table. He caught lightening in a bottle for significant periods in two seasons. The talent is there. He will figure it out.
                    I hope he does figure it out, but right now he looks far from it. And what is Norm's role on this team now? He's not going to start barring an injury to DD or OG, and he's not capable of having the offence run through him on the second unit. He's also not good enough or confident enough of a shooter to fit into what the Raptors are trying to do. Thank goodness his defence hasn't been affected...maybe someone has access to those numbers. But that's $11 mil (next season) on a guy that doesn't seem to have a clear cut role right now. Can you imagine paying Bebe that sort of coin 'cause that is sort of where Norm is in the pecking order these days. Fingers crossed he figures it out before his extension kicks in.

                    Comment


                    • Someone had talked, (probably Dan), about how Norm's salary counted as only a million-something until a certain date before it goes up to 10 million annually and that if we traded him prior to that specific date it'd potentially be easier or better to move him, as there'd be no massive return in salary. Was that date the draft? Can he still be moved for a million dollar return or are we up to taking big bucks back in a trade with him now?

                      Comment


                      • GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                        Someone had talked, (probably Dan), about how Norm's salary counted as only a million-something until a certain date before it goes up to 10 million annually and that if we traded him prior to that specific date it'd potentially be easier or better to move him, as there'd be no massive return in salary. Was that date the draft? Can he still be moved for a million dollar return or are we up to taking big bucks back in a trade with him now?
                        If traded before July 1 then we can still move him for pocket change.

                        Comment


                        • LJ2 wrote: View Post
                          Fingers crossed he figures it out before his extension kicks in.
                          Extension kicks in in like two weeks. Safe to say he's not going to figure much out by then.

                          Some hard decisions ahead for Masai if he wants to keep FVV. Given Brooklyn paid picks to dump Mozgov for Howard and pick up capspace for 2019, it may be really tough to find a buyer for Norm (or JV).

                          I wonder if we just go into the season in the tax and try to pump their value so we can unload one or both.

                          Comment


                          • Scraptor wrote: View Post
                            Extension kicks in in like two weeks. Safe to say he's not going to figure much out by then.

                            Some hard decisions ahead for Masai if he wants to keep FVV. Given Brooklyn paid picks to dump Mozgov for Howard and pick up capspace for 2019, it may be really tough to find a buyer for Norm (or JV).

                            I wonder if we just go into the season in the tax and try to pump their value so we can unload one or both.
                            Should only go into the season deep in the tax if they plan on paying that amount of tax. No matter how hard it is to move guys now, it's like 90% certain to be harder in-season, for a salary reduction anyway.

                            We'll see what Masai can dig up for Norm trades in the next 10 days. And if nothing happens then, it will be an interesting summer. I wonder if they think LeBron leaves the East, if they just double down and bring everyone back, pay a big tax bill, and plan to pull the chute next spring/summer if they need to, when there will be more cap space and an easier market for their expirings.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

                            Comment


                            • I'm now thinking Norm stays and Nurse has to figure this shit out.

                              Comment


                              • Nothing wrong with a little jazz cabbage before a game. I blame GoDaddy

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X