• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooch wrote: View Post
    My bad, thats insane.
    Just don't f#ck up like that again, ok?

Comment

He can have the ball in the practice court all he wants.

Can have coaches to help, and I am sure players will go to train there as well.

You dont give a guy pg duties just so he can work on shooting off the dribble, that is nonsense. Rest of the team will just hang out and watch Powell practice.
      Not the same. Beal is struggling because he has no PG skills. Norm can fix his tunnel vision in D-league

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        Just don't f#ck up like that again, ok?
        today?

Comment

He can have the ball in the practice court all he wants.

Can have coaches to help, and I am sure players will go to train there as well.

You dont give a guy pg duties just so he can work on shooting off the dribble, that is nonsense. Rest of the team will just hang out and watch Powell practice.
          Yup, especially when you've got Bruno who can't create for himself. Powell is not a point guard.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
            Yup, especially when you've got Bruno who can't create for himself. Powell is not a point guard.
            Bruno should play the 2 in Dleague. It's how they developed Paul George. A little ball handling and off-ball movement

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
              Not the same. Beal is struggling because he has no PG skills. Norm can fix his tunnel vision in D-league
              He doesnt have tunnel vision.

He is opportunistic.

If the opposing team is giving him an inch, he takes it. that is what you want, you dont want indecision, or missed opportunities because he is trying to pass it.

He isnt forcing anything from the three games I have watched, He certainly isnt Lou Williams or GV out there

Comment

He doesnt have tunnel vision.

He is opportunistic.

If the opposing team is giving him an inch, he takes it. that is what you want, you dont want indecision, or missed opportunities because he is trying to pass it.

He isnt forcing anything from the three games I have watched, He certainly isnt Lou Williams or GV out there
                He dribbles head down like a running back. In Summer league he can get away with that but he'll get stopped at the next level

Comment

• [QUOTE=JimiCliff;496046]I think there's a good chance that Wright cuts into Ross' minutes (as in, Wright gets minutes as the backup point, and Cojo slides over to shooting guard).

Wright's game is a little reminiscent of Jason Kidd's.

Joseph is undersized at the 2. He would be overmatched defensively. Can Wright play the 2? If yes then that may work better re minutes distribution.

Comment

• [QUOTE=psrs1;497520]
                    JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                    I think there's a good chance that Wright cuts into Ross' minutes (as in, Wright gets minutes as the backup point, and Cojo slides over to shooting guard).

Wright's game is a little reminiscent of Jason Kidd's.

Joseph is undersized at the 2. He would be overmatched defensively. Can Wright play the 2? If yes then that may work better re minutes distribution.
                    Depends on the PG. He isn't a great spot up guy - slow release

Comment

• snooch wrote: View Post
                      today?
                      ever!

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                        He dribbles head down like a running back. In Summer league he can get away with that but he'll get stopped at the next level
                        that is the most ridiculous thing I have read in some time here.

the first 5 clips all go against everything you have said.

Cannot pull up off dribble and shoot...wrong
                        Puts head down on his drives like a linebacker....wrong.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          ever!

OK,

can I F#ck down?

Comment

OK,

can I F#ck down?
                            Permission granted.

Comment

that is the most ridiculous thing I have read in some time here.

the first 5 clips all go against everything you have said.

Cannot pull up off dribble and shoot...wrong
                              Puts head down on his drives like a linebacker....wrong.
                              The biggest thing that jumps out about Powell is his straight-line driving ability. With a ridiculous first-step and serious strength for such a compact frame, Powell barrels downhill at defenders, putting them on their heels and leaving them with little recourse with which to defend. There’s some concern that a north-south approach won’t fly against NBA starters, but he should be able to put lesser defenders in a position to foul, especially if he gets a favorable matchup (not unrealistic given his perceived lack of shooting).

The Raptors have given him plenty of opportunity to show in Summer League that he can work as a secondary ball-handler, too. Even with Delon Wright on the floor, Powell has been tasked with running the pick-and-roll. He’s not the most adept passer – he can identify drop-off opportunities when*in close but can miss good passing lanes once he starts his drive – but he’s deadly if given the space to pick up steam against a flat-footed defender or with a big switched on to him.

Comment

• A lot of the stuff in highlight reel and summer league will get snuffed out quick in the NBA. He needs to keep his head up if he's going to be driving against NBA defenses. Otherwise he's going to be striped or swarmed

Comment

Working...
                                X