• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark
    replied
    JawsGT wrote: View Post
    Great news, need this guy back!
    Hadn't seen it posted here, but Gasol and Siakam are also back practicing. Light at the end of the tunnel! We're almost back to our dominant selves again

Leave a comment:

• JawsGT
    replied
    Great news, need this guy back!

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I thought for sure he would be the guy who would miss the most time. I think we saw the same thing with Delon tho, once you dislocate the shoulder injurying it again look really painful on the court but they dont end up missing as much time as expected.
    i remember dale davis repeatedly dislocating his shoulder and i think i remember during one playoff game he just had it popped back in on the sideline and kept playing. that dude was a bad ass.

found this story when trying to corroborate my memory: https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...133-story.html

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Jclaw wrote: View Post
    With FVV and Siakam still out, we desperately need another scorer. Welcome back norm

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    Jclaw wrote: View Post
    I thought for sure he would be the guy who would miss the most time. I think we saw the same thing with Delon tho, once you dislocate the shoulder injurying it again look really painful on the court but they dont end up missing as much time as expected.

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    inthepaint wrote: View Post

Yeah Norm has had his share of inconsistent stretches, but all in all I think he's an underrated player. You can find negative stats on just about any player, but at the end of the day we're 14-3 with him starting (the 3 losses were the 2 Clipper games and the Mavs one where despite the L he put 26pts).

His defence has had lapses, but he's athletic/lengthy, can switch to guard forwards, and help on the glass. His decision making looks improved this year as well. I feel like if we got a super athletic "new player" that was 26, averaging ~15ppg, shooting 39% from 3 , while also being able to slash to the rim, everyone would be super excited about said player (but because Norm is an old hat within the team, the shine has a harder time coming through).
    Well put...He is certainly delivering mow (until the injury) on the potential we've all seen since that rookie year. Injuries haven't helped. I would have no issue with Norm in the Top 25.

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post
    It's really sad. Norm has turned into a heck of a 2 way player for the Raptors.

TSN did a top 25 Raptors of all time list a month or so ago and I don't think Norm made the cut. He is EASILY one of the top 25 greatest Raptors of all time. I have him ahead of guys like Oakley and Peterson and Ford and the two Williams.
    Yeah Norm has had his share of inconsistent stretches, but all in all I think he's an underrated player. You can find negative stats on just about any player, but at the end of the day we're 14-3 with him starting (the 3 losses were the 2 Clipper games and the Mavs one where despite the L he put 26pts).

His defence has had lapses, but he's athletic/lengthy, can switch to guard forwards, and help on the glass. His decision making looks improved this year as well. I feel like if we got a super athletic "new player" that was 26, averaging ~15ppg, shooting 39% from 3 , while also being able to slash to the rim, everyone would be super excited about said player (but because Norm is an old hat within the team, the shine has a harder time coming through).

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    It's really sad. Norm has turned into a heck of a 2 way player for the Raptors.

TSN did a top 25 Raptors of all time list a month or so ago and I don't think Norm made the cut. He is EASILY one of the top 25 greatest Raptors of all time. I have him ahead of guys like Oakley and Peterson and Ford and the two Williams.

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    rightsideup wrote: View Post
    any word on the severity of norms shoulder
    Out indefinitely with left shoulder "subluxation" (ie partial dislocation).

Leave a comment:

• rightsideup
    replied
    any word on the severity of norms shoulder

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    Yeah, fingers crossed for a speedy recovery. Not an ideal injury for him or us. Next man up.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    Hopefully its not as bad as we think, I have heard that if you dislocated a shoulder before sometime thhey can become separated without any muscle damage. It just take popping back in and a few weeks off. I remember Delon had one in game that looked really bad, but they just popped it back in and he avoided any serious damage.

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    JawsGT wrote: View Post
    Norm looks like he belongs in a starting unit.
    Guh.

Leave a comment:

• JawsGT
    replied
    Norm looks like he belongs in a starting unit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X