Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post
    It also doesn't make sense for the Raps to sign him to an extension because if he plays as poorly as last season we're better off without him. A true make or break season for Ross.
    One of DD or Ross will be moved by the trade deadline. Book it.
    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
    Because its 2015

Comment

• Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
        Really like how his head is screwed on right. Very impressed with his demeanour, self possession etc. Of course, he's no 18 year old rookie, but still, he's going through a lot of new stuff and seems to be dealing with it very well.

Comment

• I'm hearing Norman Powell injured his back in practice and had to be helped off the court today. If it's true and it keeps him out this might be a blessing in disguise. Now Casey will HAVE to play JJ at the 3 unless he hates him that much and plays Bruno over him or forces Ross or DD to play the 3.
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
            I'm hearing Norman Powell injured his back in practice and had to be helped off the court today. If it's true and it keeps him out this might be a blessing in disguise. Now Casey will HAVE to play JJ at the 3 unless he hates him that much and plays Bruno over him or forces Ross or DD to play the 3.
            Powell was never going to be part of the regular season small forward rotation, not to start the season at least.

Comment

Powell was never going to be part of the regular season small forward rotation, not to start the season at least.
              Well I just thought with JJ not playing SF this year (supposedly) and Bruno not being ready yet Casey might have just thrown Powell into the fire. But you're probably right. I just think it's dumb to play Ross and or Demar out of position after that was the whole reason we brought in Carroll and we know they struggle playing the SF
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Well I just thought with JJ not playing SF this year (supposedly) and Bruno not being ready yet Casey might have just thrown Powell into the fire. But you're probably right. I just think it's dumb to play Ross and or Demar out of position after that was the whole reason we brought in Carroll and we know they struggle playing the SF
                For one, I think JJ not playing SF is a bit of a misleading idea. There's (almost) every reason to think he'll be the 10th man in the rotation, and if he's not, it'll be Patterson/Bennett, so positionally that will play out as it has to - ie JJ at the 3 but in positionless lineups.

If it goes the other way, and Casey rolls with a 9-man rotation, then Ross/DD play some minutes at the backup 3, and there's no good reason to think they can't succeed there. People forget that we started those two together, and saw some winning basketball despite the size mismatch.

Finally, if we can find Bruno a few minutes here and there, that's not the end of the world either.

Comment

For one, I think JJ not playing SF is a bit of a misleading idea. There's (almost) every reason to think he'll be the 10th man in the rotation, and if he's not, it'll be Patterson/Bennett, so positionally that will play out as it has to - ie JJ at the 3 but in positionless lineups.

If it goes the other way, and Casey rolls with a 9-man rotation, then Ross/DD play some minutes at the backup 3, and there's no good reason to think they can't succeed there. People forget that we started those two together, and saw some winning basketball despite the size mismatch.

Finally, if we can find Bruno a few minutes here and there, that's not the end of the world either.
                  That's true. Backup SF is nowhere near the level of a starting SF. So if Ross and DD could have done a decent job on the starters they should be fine with a backup.

Comment

That's true. Backup SF is nowhere near the level of a starting SF. So if Ross and DD could have done a decent job on the starters they should be fine with a backup.
                    Right? Factor in that Carroll is probably going to play 35+ mpg, and this is total non-issue.

Comment

Right? Factor in that Carroll is probably going to play 35+ mpg, and this is total non-issue.
                      Except when he gets into foul trouble or gets injured.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                        Except when he gets into foul trouble or gets injured.
                        Not really, we still have DD/Ross/JJ/Cory/Bruno on the wing.

Comment

Not really, we still have DD/Ross/JJ/Cory/Bruno on the wing.
                          If somebody puts DC into foul troubled, Ross or Derozan isn't going to be stepping up

Comment

• I think JJ kind of gave away what our bench unit is going to be from his interview at practice. He said 2Pat is now back on the bench unit and he named Bruno as well. I don't know if he named Bruno because he didn't want to say himself or something but he named Bruno, 2Pat, Bismack, Ross and Cory. So this might be our lineup at least to start the season. We shall see.

Comment

If ross was guarding the batums and paul George's of the league just last year, and we saw winning basketball. I don't know how he's gonna all of a sudden be overmatched by guys like wesley johnson. Like cmon. Backup three isn't even one of our greatest weaknesses.

People are making it a bigger deal than it really is. We have a former starter for a playoff team, albeit a first round exit team but that's kinda why he's on the bench now, and a bunch of young guys hungry for minutes all coming off the bench. It's an ideal situation imo.
                              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                                If ross was guarding the batums and paul George's of the league just last year, and we saw winning basketball. I don't know how he's gonna all of a sudden be overmatched by guys like wesley johnson. Like cmon. Backup three isn't even one of our greatest weaknesses.

People are making it a bigger deal than it really is. We have a former starter for a playoff team, albeit a first round exit team but that's kinda why he's on the bench now, and a bunch of young guys hungry for minutes all coming off the bench. It's an ideal situation imo.
                                You are absolutely right. I'm just more interested in seeing what our rotations are actually going to be but I'm not worried about the backup SF anymore. That won't be the reason why we win or lose a game at the end of the day.

Comment

Working...
                                X