Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    In any season...I mean, how many 2nd round picks have the Raps made that were guys that actually went on to have NBA careers?

    I'm having a really hard time thinking of anybody without going to look up past drafts. Matt Bonner is the only guy who comes to mind.

    *Don't know what to consider Acy. I guess he's at least lasted this long and that's not bad for a 2nd rd pick. Bonner got more burn when he was here though. Bonner was technically not drafted by us as well...but I still consider him fitting this category because we traded for his rights.
    P J Tucker, but he contributed nothing to the Raptors
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

    Comment


    • 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
      P J Tucker, but he contributed nothing to the Raptors
      And washed out of the league for years before making it back. I was trying to think of guys who had some impact on the team and/or sustained some kind of career.

      Comment


      • This kid continues to impress. I'm really liking his game.

        Comment


        • The kid can be as good as he want to be and it looks like he wants to be real good.
          @Chr1st1anL

          Comment


          • Making Amber Rose looking more and more expendable

            Comment


            • I think he has already taken the ball to the basket more than Ross this season lol. I'm starting to think that if guys have to be moved to get a PF in the offseason, I'd prefer it be Ross and Cojo than a package involving Patterson. I'd like to keep Patterson if possible.

              Comment


              • ^ Wouldn't mind including Ross OR CoJo in a package for top player next year at all. Wright and Powell both look like they can play really well on both ends in this league. Having a lot of rookie contracts in your rotation only makes it easier to find wiggle room to add other key pieces to your roster.

                Comment


                • JawsGT wrote: View Post
                  I think he has already taken the ball to the basket more than Ross this season lol. I'm starting to think that if guys have to be moved to get a PF in the offseason, I'd prefer it be Ross and Cojo than a package involving Patterson. I'd like to keep Patterson if possible.
                  I like that Powell can actually do other things. He's working on that 3 ball. He can drive. He can dish. He can defend.

                  Polar opposite of Ross who can't do anything else beside shoot the 3. And if he's missing those, he's fucking useless.

                  Comment


                  • I see him as a more athletic Matt Bonner without the shot
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

                    Comment


                    • JawsGT wrote: View Post
                      I think he has already taken the ball to the basket more than Ross this season lol. I'm starting to think that if guys have to be moved to get a PF in the offseason, I'd prefer it be Ross and Cojo than a package involving Patterson. I'd like to keep Patterson if possible.
                      Patterson has 1 more year left on his deal and would be looking for a good raise so don't be surprised if he is included in some type of a deal this summer.

                      Comment


                      • Hotshot wrote: View Post
                        Patterson has 1 more year left on his deal and would be looking for a good raise so don't be surprised if he is included in some type of a deal this summer.
                        We've got Patterson's bird rights though, so I could totally see us next offseason giving him another 3 year deal to remain our backup PF.

                        I much prefer the idea of dealing a SG (Ross) and a PG (CoJo) since we're very strong at those positions (Powell and Wright slot in as the new backups). We don't even have a starting PF, so dealing Patterson brings us to zero PF on the roster. Of course, this is just a preference thing, if Patterson is required to bring us an upgrade, I'm fine with it.

                        Comment


                        • iblastoff wrote: View Post
                          I like that Powell can actually do other things. He's working on that 3 ball. He can drive. He can dish. He can defend.

                          Polar opposite of Ross who can't do anything else beside shoot the 3. And if he's missing those, he's fucking useless.
                          +1

                          Comment


                          • Hotshot wrote: View Post
                            Patterson has 1 more year left on his deal and would be looking for a good raise so don't be surprised if he is included in some type of a deal this summer.
                            would he actually? even his current salary was seen as slightly higher than it should have been. and this year hes been shooting way worse.

                            Comment


                            • iblastoff wrote: View Post
                              would he actually? even his current salary was seen as slightly higher than it should have been. and this year hes been shooting way worse.
                              I think his raise would just be cap related, the cap next offseason will be roughly $108M, so about $40M more than it was when Patterson signed his last contract. I'd expect Patterson to want a deal starting at $9M per year minimum, and probably a bit more than that. Just glad we don't have to deal with that until next offseason though.

                              Comment


                              • I keep telling you guys that we may not need DD back next year.

                                Our lineup if that happens IMO:

                                Lowry
                                Powell
                                Carroll
                                Patt
                                JV

                                That's a lineup I want to see in the playoffs as well.
                                Axel wrote:
                                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

                                Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X