No announcement yet.

Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Player comparisons in his athletic ability to attack the basket at full speed? No one's taking it further than that. Any comp is fair game.

I'd sure have a hard time of thinking of an end-of-bencher on some other team who can go coast-to-coast and attack the rim like Powell, though I understand it would help untwist some panties around here.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
      Lol everybody needs to relax with the player comparisons here.
      Lol. We're just getting started actually. POW!!! was already Wade-lite after summer league. So he's at least Mini-MJ with Pippen's defense by now.

And comping POW!!! to great players is a lot more enjoyable than seeing yet another thread devolve into a yet another pointless DeMar DeBate.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        lol. We're just getting started actually. Pow!!! Was already wade-lite after summer league. So he's at least mini-mj with pippen's defense by now.

And comping pow!!! To great players is a lot more enjoyable than seeing yet another thread devolve into a yet another pointless demar debate.
        pow!! Pow!! Pow!!!

Comment

• Personally I see Jordan as a poor man's Powell
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Only in the NBA can there be such a fine line between "poor man's Westbrook" and "rich man's Sonny Weems"...

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
              Personally I see Jordan as a poor man's Powell
              From now on you will refer to his powerness as Pow!!! And not on a first name basis.

Comment

• Why is everyone so quick to jump to the conclusion that we will be a lotto team without DD?

Dude has no impact on winning imo...and paying a max contract for that will be franchise killing.

Powell, for his lack of experience this yeat, will likely be ready for a consistent role and be able to hold a solid amount of usage. Replacing DD with someone that can play defense and be efficient as well as transferring some usage to JV...while opening up money to improve in the future...all sounds like way to improve the franchise, not return to the lotto

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                  Why is everyone so quick to jump to the conclusion that we will be a lotto team without DD?

Dude has no impact on winning imo...and paying a max contract for that will be franchise killing.
                  The answer to your question is likely that the "everyone" mentioned in the first line does not share the opinion in the second line.
                  Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                    Personally I see Jordan as a poor man's Powell
                    I know right, it's like a while back when we all agreed that Ray Allen was like Terrence Ross
                    OG is our king

Comment

• I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                        I know right, it's like a while back when we all agreed that Ray Allen was like Terrence Ross
                        Our team is full of the poor man version of every NBA great.

Comment

• Ross can't create off the dribble that well yet. Modelling his game after Ray would be good for him but he's not there yet in terms of being able to play the same way (note I'm not talking level of play), I don't like the comparison.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                            Ross can't create off the dribble that well yet. Modelling his game after Ray would be good for him but he's not there yet in terms of being able to play the same way (note I'm not talking level of play), I don't like the comparison.
                            What about a poor man's Eddie Jones?!

Comment

Why is everyone so quick to jump to the conclusion that we will be a lotto team without DD?

Powell, for his lack of experience this yeat, will likely be ready for a consistent role and be able to hold a solid amount of usage. Replacing DD with someone that can play defense and be efficient as well as transferring some usage to JV...while opening up money to improve in the future...all sounds like way to improve the franchise, not return to the lotto
                              It's actually a smarter move than people think.... and you just showed why. JV's ready for a bigger role, Bruno's looking good... and we still have guys like Ross, CoJo, Wright...

This roster is full of players that are better than people think, even with the small sample sizes.
                              Axel wrote:
                              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

I don't think we'd be a lotto team without him, but to say he has no impact on winning is ridiculous.

8th in the NBA in scoring, 13th in win shares, >2700 minutes for the 5th best team record-wise in the NBA. He has more win shares than Paul George and Jimmy Butler. I'm not saying that he's better than either guy, but shouldn't that at least tell you he's doing something right?

You're so anchored to an outdated view of Demar it's keeping you from seeing that he does help this team. Maybe not at a true max level like a KD or a LeBron, but he does have an impact on winning.

If it was so easy to do what he's been doing, everybody would be doing it.

Comment

Working...
                                X