No announcement yet.

Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In this league you can never have two many wings, our wing rotation is fine as it is. Let JJ walk and draft or sign/trade for a young PF. I am interested in Trey Lyles/ Derrick Favors. The Jazz have to pick between one or the other they have two many traditional PFs.

Kyle - CoJo - DW
    Demar - Norman
    Demarre - Ross
    New guy - Pat
    JV - Bebe

we just need to cut down on Demar and Kyle's minutes to accommodate the rooks a lil more. Ideally they should have mins in the low 30s, that means 5 mins from each should go to Powell. A 15 to 20 mins rotation on the regular for Powell next season should let us evaluate the wing situation more. At that point you can decide whether to move a max money wing or a 10 million wing.

Comment

• Even if teams start scouting for him, he just plays within the flow of the game, and takes the opportunities as they come. It's not like he's using some go to moves to create in the half court. He has the 3 point shot, ability to attack close outs, and the long arms to draw contact.
      14.5/4.5/2/1/.5 on 50/50/82 over the last 9 games that he's been let loose.

Comment

• Is there a ROTM for April?

Cause Norman deserves to win it, IMO.
        Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:
        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
          this seems overly optimistic to me. powell has been a great surprise but lets not go from no expectations to high expectations. remember when ross scored 50+. he has looked like he belongs in the nba but no one has been planning for his game. if he gets time in the playoffs we will see how he looks when the other team is game planning him.

he does look like he is going to be a fantastic fast break player. need a much longer sustained 3pt shot %. he has been very good. depending on the pick from new york, norman and a 1st for vasquez might end up being masai's best trade.
          Powell and Ross approach the game totally different.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Powell shooting .438 on 3 attempts per game from 3
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              Powell shooting .438 on 3 attempts per game from 3
              hopefully that's indicative of how well he will shoot going forward. It's not a huge sample size, but you can only evaluate the shots taken.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                In this league you can never have two many wings, our wing rotation is fine as it is. Let JJ walk and draft or sign/trade for a young PF. I am interested in Trey Lyles/ Derrick Favors. The Jazz have to pick between one or the other they have two many traditional PFs.

Kyle - CoJo - DW
                Demar - Norman
                Demarre - Ross
                New guy - Pat
                JV - Bebe

we just need to cut down on Demar and Kyle's minutes to accommodate the rooks a lil more. Ideally they should have mins in the low 30s, that means 5 mins from each should go to Powell. A 15 to 20 mins rotation on the regular for Powell next season should let us evaluate the wing situation more. At that point you can decide whether to move a max money wing or a 10 million wing.
                Thank you. I want to bang my head against the wall (Sia ft. Fetty Wap) every time I read posts saying "Norm is good, now DeRozan is expendable!". Depth is by far the most important thing to any sports franchise. Why in the hell would we get rid of Derozan (an Allstar) because a rookie is playing well? The only time we need to make that decision is when both guys need to get paid, and we can't afford to keep both. Go look at the Spurs, Lakers, Celtics championship teams of old and tell me where they decided to trade away their best player because they drafted a rookie who was playing well. Shit, find me a team in any sport. The Red Wings, Blackhawks dont do it in hockey! The idea is to maintain a strong starting lineup and bench while developing your draft picks to replace them once they become too expensive or too old. This team (the best in franchise history and 2nd in the east), with the exception of JJ (maybe), have absolutely no egos. Everyone seems to know their role and like each other. Just relax and enjoy the fact that we are finally seeing draft picks develop as a result of the Raptors system.

Comment

• 92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
                  Thank you. I want to bang my head against the wall (Sia ft. Fetty Wap) every time I read posts saying "Norm is good, now DeRozan is expendable!". Depth is by far the most important thing to any sports franchise. Why in the hell would we get rid of Derozan (an Allstar) because a rookie is playing well? The only time we need to make that decision is when both guys need to get paid, and we can't afford to keep both. Go look at the Spurs, Lakers, Celtics championship teams of old and tell me where they decided to trade away their best player because they drafted a rookie who was playing well. Shit, find me a team in any sport. The Red Wings, Blackhawks dont do it in hockey! The idea is to maintain a strong starting lineup and bench while developing your draft picks to replace them once they become too expensive or too old. This team (the best in franchise history and 2nd in the east), with the exception of JJ (maybe), have absolutely no egos. Everyone seems to know their role and like each other. Just relax and enjoy the fact that we are finally seeing draft picks develop as a result of the Raptors system.
                  Spurs traded George Hill, a good pg for a guy in the mid first round that couldnt really shoot, worked for them. Different yes, but i wouldnt say that depth is more important than getting a star player.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                    hopefully that's indicative of how well he will shoot going forward. It's not a huge sample size, but you can only evaluate the shots taken.
                    That's 22 games as a starter.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      Powell has definitely earned a role off the bench next year - which means Ross probably gets supplanted, as the wing is loaded on this team.

But let's wait for a bigger sample before we start projecting a ceiling.
                      I disagree about Ross becoming expendable via Powell

The spacing Ross provides has been huge for us all year. Team's really respect him and stick to him. We take that out and the only three point 'threat' will be Carroll, since I don't think Powell will create that gravity by next season from three. We lose Ross from the wing and we will run into some huge problems down the road in terms of clogging the paint

If anything, Powell makes DD expendable. Powell's interviews from last game told me one thing, dude has massive respect for playing the team game. 100% he is less -talented- than DD, but his approach to the game will mean he will be the more productive player (but not with raw box-score stats).

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                        I disagree about Ross becoming expendable via Powell

The spacing Ross provides has been huge for us all year. Team's really respect him and stick to him. We take that out and the only three point 'threat' will be Carroll, since I don't think Powell will create that gravity by next season from three. We lose Ross from the wing and we will run into some huge problems down the road in terms of clogging the paint

If anything, Powell makes DD expendable. Powell's interviews from last game told me one thing, dude has massive respect for playing the team game. 100% he is less -talented- than DD, but his approach to the game will mean he will be the more productive player (but not with raw box-score stats).
                        I really liked the look of the Wright/Powell/Ross perimeter vs. Indy.

If anything, I think Powell means you don't have to play a point guard at the 2 so often next year. Can play a legit backup SG there instead.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• ^true...keep forgetting Lowry and Cojo have logged probably close to all of the remaining 2 guard minutes on the season
                          Last edited by OldSkoolCool; Sat Apr 9, 2016, 02:38 PM.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                            ^true...keep forgetting Lowry and Cojo have logged probably close to all of the remaining 2 guard minutes on the season
                            If there's an expendable guy in our rotation, I have to think it's CoJo. Wright does a great job running the offense and has great chemistry with Powell and Ross.
                            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• What strikes me re the "emergence" of players like Powell and Wright is the use the Org is making of the 905 team to send these guys (alongwith Bebe and Bruno) as often as they can...stop them from getting stagnant sitting on the bench with the big boys. Great move buying that DL team and putting it in Mississauga. Cannot help but believe that the 905 is a good part of the reason these guys are performing so well. Bruno just doesnt have a spot for meaningful mins. just yet so I am hoping he is taking good advantage of his time there.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                                If there's an expendable guy in our rotation, I have to think it's CoJo. Wright does a great job running the offense and has great chemistry with Powell and Ross.
                                I really notice it with Ross. Seems like Wright specifically looks for him on the three point line and Ross knows it's coming. Deadly

Powell is just a good complimentary player all around

Comment

Working...
                                X