Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Jason Kidd, CP3....calm down guys lol.

    Comment


    • #77
      Raptors are the only team to draft a college senior who's already 23 and keep him in the DL for the majority of the season.

      The guy is gonna be 25 before he sees any meaningful minutes
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

      Comment


      • #78
        TRex wrote: View Post
        Jason Kidd, CP3....calm down guys lol.
        helps to visualize the best way to use a player. the results wont be the same but running lob city with Wright might work. a decent pass, low TO, herky-jerky style PG with above average defense

        Comment


        • #79
          He body movement reminds me of west brook

          westbrook lite


          ofcourse with much less talent
          Abbas wrote:

          First of all i was my own source

          Comment


          • #80
            If this keeps this up there is no way he doesn't make the team. I'm trying not to be excited here but I like everything about this pick so far.

            Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

            Comment


            • #81
              Norman is showing all of us that he is a little more complete of a player than we thought. Lets see if his hot shooting continues through summer league and transfers to pre-season success. It will be after the pre-season that I will see if I want him to stay with the big club or spend the year in the D.
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

              Comment


              • #82
                I think skill wise he is ahead of Demar coming into the league.

                His defense is far superior
                He has a better form on his shot
                He is a better ballhandler

                he isnt as athletic

                Comment


                • #83
                  Just want to remind some of you that DeMar DOMINATED Summer League when he was in it in 2010. Averaged 20-6 on 60% FG and 40% from 3.

                  It's summer league, you should be taking it with a huge grain of salt.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    JWash wrote: View Post
                    Just want to remind some of you that DeMar DOMINATED Summer League when he was in it in 2010. Averaged 20-6 on 60% FG and 40% from 3.

                    It's summer league, you should be taking it with a huge grain of salt.
                    And didn't DD become an allstar????

                    Meanwhile Powell plays D, rebounds, and has a tight handle....things DeRozan is unable to do consistently with 6 years under his belt.

                    So you're saying Powell is amazing and headed for great things is what I'm interpreting from your post.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Snooch wrote: View Post
                      I think skill wise he is ahead of Demar coming into the league.

                      His defense is far superior
                      He has a better form on his shot
                      He is a better ballhandler

                      he isnt as athletic
                      Note the age difference of each player entering the league.

                      Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        It is always difficult comparing players but Tony Allen is a nice comparison in my opinion.

                        Very similar frames.
                        Same age entering the league.
                        Similar college numbers.

                        I think Powell has an edge on offense whereas Allen had an edge on D - again coming into the league.

                        Will be interesting to watch his development. Finding even a rotational player in the 2nd round is a huge coup.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Don't forget it's summer league, I like what I see to from him but the competition level is not the same


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                            And didn't DD become an allstar????

                            Meanwhile Powell plays D, rebounds, and has a tight handle....things DeRozan is unable to do consistently with 6 years under his belt.

                            So you're saying Powell is amazing and headed for great things is what I'm interpreting from your post.
                            It took dd 5 years to get selected as an allstar in at an injury riddled position in the east that season.

                            So sure, its possible that with hard work and dedication maybe powel gets there.

                            I see more tony allen or cortney lee than demar personally, i used the comparison to show how it is hard to judge a player so early in their career.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Snooch wrote: View Post
                              It took dd 5 years to get selected as an allstar in at an injury riddled position in the east that season.

                              So sure, its possible that with hard work and dedication maybe powel gets there.

                              I see more tony allen or cortney lee than demar personally, i used the comparison to show how it is hard to judge a player so early in their career.
                              I was totally tongue in cheek.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                grindhouse wrote: View Post
                                Don't forget it's summer league, I like what I see to from him but the competition level is not the same


                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Yep.

                                Perhaps demar Derozan should lace um up and plays a few minutes against these scrubs....maybe he'd get a steal or two and score 20 as well.....

                                or maybe, he'd have a out 9 steals and likely 40 points.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X