No announcement yet.

Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My comparison of Powells game was that of Wade, but if he turned into a productive 3 and D like Doug Christie, I would hardly be disappointed. Second rounder after all.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
      I'm saying it.
      Perfect sig for that avatar.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Comment

• Has any second round pick won rookie of the month the year they were drafted. I'm sure as there have been a lot of late round steals but nothing jumps to mind.

Edit: Hmmmm..seems like it hasn't happened since way back in March....2016 (Heat's new JRich)
          Last edited by Jclaw; Fri Apr 15, 2016, 04:24 PM.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
            Has any second round pick won rookie of the month the year they were drafted. I'm sure as there have been a lot of late round steals but nothing jumps to mind.

Edit: Hmmmm..seems like it hasn't happened since way back in March....2016 (Heat's new JRich)
            Draymond Green?
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• It's probably too late for Norm to make the all-rooke team huh?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Carter was blessed with a ton of natural ability. There's no denying that. I mean, it doesn't matter how hard Bruno (for example) trains, he'll never jump like Carter.

The knock on Carter (while he was a Raptor), was that he didn't have "the hunger" for greatness. There were indicators of complacency, like stories of him skipping weight training sessions in the offseason.

Either way, my initial comment about Powell's work ethic wasn't meant to be a Carter smear, but a Powell compliment. Aren't there talks of him planning to train with DeRozan this summer, arguably the hardest worker on the team?
                DeRozan and Dame
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  It's probably too late for Norm to make the all-rooke team huh?
                  Probably but at least he should be recognized the following year when he will be selected to the Freshman Vs Sophomore game and maybe Delon will too (hopefully the rookie we will select in the draft will be there as well).

Comment

• Congrats Norman! Well deserved!

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                      Has any second round pick won rookie of the month the year they were drafted. I'm sure as there have been a lot of late round steals but nothing jumps to mind.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/awards/rom.html,

Trenton Hassell, Ramon Sessions, Jonas Jerebko, Isaiah Thomas, Nick Calathes, Jordan Clarkson, Bojan Bogdanovic and Landry Fields lol

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Trenton Hassell, Ramon Sessions, Jonas Jerebko, Isaiah Thomas, Nick Calathes, Jordan Clarkson, Bojan Bogdanovic and Landry Fields lol
                        Not exactly a who's who..
                        Perhaps a reminder to temper our expectations
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          Not exactly a who's who..
                          Perhaps a reminder to temper our expectations
                          Precisely, too many Homer's running around comparing Powell to other star players and he had yet to play a full season. Even if he just become's a serviceable high usage player, is a reason enough to celebrate snagging a player of that calibre in the 2nd round.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Calathes and Bogdanovic were drafted years before they came to the NBA.

Edit; None of Paul Millsap, DeAndre Jordan, Draymond Green won, so Norm is already ahead of them.
                            Last edited by 3inthekeon; Fri Apr 15, 2016, 07:24 PM.
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              Production is not the only way you can compare players you know. You can just compare play styles
                              Well said.

Comment

• I'm not saying he's going to be as good, but Powell reminds me of D-Wade in playing style. Very quick first step, his crossover covers a TON of ground east-west, and his long reach makes up for his height. He's even starting to get sneakier with his ball handling like Wade.

Comment

Working...
                                X