Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Starting to think we've been looking past the obvious this whole time. Powell isn't making ross expendable, he's making derozan expendable. Keep in mind ross is 11 million and derozan 25...
    What if both are expendable? If we let DD walk, and trade Ross for nothing (salary wise, say we take back a draft pick/prospect), we will have max cap room to chase a top free agent.

    I still think plan A is retention, but you never know.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

    Comment


    • ball4life wrote: View Post
      We absolutely have to resign Demar. Not doing so would be a poor asset management decision. You just have to hope that we get good value back by the deadline or the following off season via trade.
      It's only poor asset management if you can't use the cap space to get an upgrade. I certainly wouldn't feel like we lost out if DD walked and it resulted in us signing Durant. I know that's an extreme example, I'm just pointing out that asset management is not as clear cut as keeping guys always being the better option.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

      Comment


      • ball4life wrote: View Post
        We absolutely have to resign Demar. Not doing so would be a poor asset management decision. You just have to hope that we get good value back by the deadline or the following off season via trade.
        Yes, certainly not saying you let DD walk for nothing or going into the scenarios, just saying Powell and even Wright at the 2 mean this team has SG depth we didn't know about even 6 months ago. It's part of the picture.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

        Comment


        • DanH wrote: View Post
          What if both are expendable? If we let DD walk, and trade Ross for nothing (salary wise, say we take back a draft pick/prospect), we will have max cap room to chase a top free agent.

          I still think plan A is retention, but you never know.
          I think we need to keep 1 of the 2 or all of a sudden we're thin on the wings again..
          It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

          Comment


          • KeonClark wrote: View Post
            I think we need to keep 1 of the 2 or all of a sudden we're thin on the wings again..
            Jamal Murray will be able to guard 2s though
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

            Comment


            • DanH wrote: View Post
              It's only poor asset management if you can't use the cap space to get an upgrade. I certainly wouldn't feel like we lost out if DD walked and it resulted in us signing Durant. I know that's an extreme example, I'm just pointing out that asset management is not as clear cut as keeping guys always being the better option.
              KD is probably the only player worth letting DD walk for nothing but I don't know how plausible that is. It's a huge gamble. You don't wanna end up losing out on both scenario. It'll be tough to execute.


              P.S one other guy might be Nic Batum.

              Comment


              • ball4life wrote: View Post
                KD is probably the only player worth letting DD walk for nothing but I don't know how plausible that is. It's a huge gamble. You don't wanna end up losing out on both scenario. It'll be tough to execute.


                P.S one other guy might be Nic Batum.
                If DeMar wants to come back I think you have to sign him. If they plan to move him, though, that'll be something to watch unfold. For DeMar re-signing would be all about the city, loyalty, his history here, helping take the next step, etc. It would really be something for Masai to turn around and move him. It's not a "Carmelo wants out" situation.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                Comment


                • S.R. wrote: View Post
                  If DeMar wants to come back I think you have to sign him. If they plan to move him, though, that'll be something to watch unfold. For DeMar re-signing would be all about the city, loyalty, his history here, helping take the next step, etc. It would really be something for Masai to turn around and move him. It's not a "Carmelo wants out" situation.
                  Meh.. All of that plus the extra year and and the 30 million + extra only Toronto can give will make him choose Toronto. Pseudo stars like Demar can't afford to leave money like that on the table. The guy only made 30 something million so far in his career. This city, loyalty, history and them doesn't stand a chance when money gets paused on the table. It's a business.

                  Comment


                  • http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...iay-sneak-good

                    CBS list of top 15 rookies and Norman is at number 7.

                    7. Norman Powell, Toronto Raptors (#8) -- Man, can this kid play. Powell scored a career-high 27 points against the Pacers on Friday, going 5 of 11 from the field, knocking down three 3-pointers while getting to the line an incredible 19 times. Like several other rookies, Powell has gotten playing time late in the season and has responded brilliantly. In his last 15 games, Powell is averaging 11.3 points (shooting 46.3 percent and 44.4 percent from three) and 3.8 rebounds.

                    Comment


                    • MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                      Love this. PG won't be able to shoot 70% on those contested pull ups much longer. As soon as that drops. Series is over.
                      @Chr1st1anL

                      Comment


                      • Retaining DD handicaps the team for another 2 years as we wont be able to trade him right away AND not have some bad contracts coming back...killing our flexibility. You let him walk, or you decide he is the guy who can take you to the Chip'

                        Honestly, Powell has taken the torch from DD as far as Im concerned. He wont put up better individual offensive stats, but his overall impact due to his defense will be better.

                        Comment


                        • Question. Since Powell is a second rounder. Doesn't that make him a free agent next summer ?
                          @Chr1st1anL

                          Comment


                          • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            Question. Since Powell is a second rounder. Doesn't that make him a free agent next summer ?
                            No, after the summer league they signed him to a 3 year deal.

                            Comment


                            • jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                              No, after the summer league they signed him to a 3 year deal.
                              Ok good.
                              @Chr1st1anL

                              Comment


                              • KL/Pow/DD/DC/JV

                                I think that will be the starting line up next year. Raptors wanted to do the same with Matthews but, now we got Powell. Who has some similarities with Mathews. Funny how things turnout lol.

                                Might see that line up if we make it to the second round and play Miami.
                                @Chr1st1anL

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X