Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    How would you feel if we let DD leave and we sign Batum

Lowry - Batum - JV would a big three that suit each other's playing styles better than Lowry - DD - JV
    Your in the same situation. Your not any closer to a championship.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

How would you feel if we let DD leave and we sign Batum

Lowry - Batum - JV would a big three that suit each other's playing styles better than Lowry - DD - JV
      Batum, preferably Horford, and of course more preferably KD, but that less likely.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        I really don't care if the leaders of our team are All-Stars. That doesn't matter one bit.

The last two Finals MVPs weren't All-Stars in the year they won the championship.
        I agree, but the last two Finals MVPs weren't the leaders of their respective teams either.

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
          I agree, but the last two Finals MVPs weren't the leaders of their respective teams either.
          What I'm saying though, is some people put way too much emphasis on how many All-Stars you have on your team.

If you have a great team, guys will become All-Stars. Lots of marginal All-Stars have made the game because their team was one of the best in the league. Build the team first, worry about the rest later.

You know who could easily be an All-Star next year if he just gets some touches and minutes? Jonas Valanciunas. Why is no one mentioning him as this third All-Star they think we need?
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

What I'm saying though, is some people put way too much emphasis on how many All-Stars you have on your team.

If you have a great team, guys will become All-Stars. Lots of marginal All-Stars have made the game because their team was one of the best in the league. Build the team first, worry about the rest later.

You know who could easily be an All-Star next year if he just gets some touches and minutes? Jonas Valanciunas. Why is no one mentioning him as this third All-Star they think we need?
            stiff

Comment

Yeah, but it's not like this team hasn't been built. And both of our all stars have become all stars while playing for this team. We didn't go out and sign one during free agency. And JV is definitely going to be an all star considering he's only 23.

Comment

Every time he touches the ball he turns it over.

Wasn't there some people who were even saying that Biyombo was better than him. I also distinctively remember someone repeatedly stating that he either was Bargs and/or was worse than Bargs. I wish I could remember who it was because it stood out because of how strongly the poster stood behind it.
                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                  Every time he touches the ball he turns it over.

Wasn't there some people who were even saying that Biyombo was better than him. I also distinctively remember someone repeatedly stating that he either was Bargs and/or was worse than Bargs. I wish I could remember who it was because it stood out because of how strongly the poster stood behind it.
                  Pretty sure it was TRex.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                    I kinda remember Dan saying we'd only have about $15 mill cap space if DD walks. Is no other team with space going to offer more?
                    You'd have to trade Ross

That gives us room to sign anyone on the market

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      Your in the same situation. Your not any closer to a championship.
                      Respectfully disagree on that

Comment

You'd have to trade Ross

That gives us room to sign anyone on the market
                        You'd have to trade Ross with zero salary coming back, and then hope Charlotte doesn't want to use their Bird rights on Batum.
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                          You'd have to trade Ross with zero salary coming back, and then hope Charlotte doesn't want to use their Bird rights on Batum.
                          Even if they want to, he'd have to want to sign back there. A complete flame out in the first round might mean he looks for greener pastures.

And we wouldn't have to trade Ross for zero salary, thanks to the recent increase in predicted salary cap by about 3M. So a prospect or small vet contract can come back our way and we can still clear 26M or so (which is the 7-9 year max under a 92M cap). Keep in mind almost every team in the league will have millions on millions of cap room. Trades will be super easy from a salary perspective for most of the league.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I'd rather give up DD for nothing, Keep Ross as a bench guy.... & well, we can other diamonds in the rough. I can think of a few FA's that are gonna get past on because of things. Masai is a sneaky GM when it comes to picking out FA's. neither Joseph or Scola were on people's radar.

((I still want John Leuer, for example.))
                            Axel wrote:
                            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Here's a name for a PF: Terrence Jones.

Just had an awful season, will likely be cheap and he's still young. Friends with Ross, and has clear talent. Maybe Kalamian can work whatever magic he put on Ross to bring out Jones' talent.
                              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Good discussion about potential new PFs (possibly a good new thread idea), but this is the Powell thread...

Comment

Working...
                                X