Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Rememba the time bobby boucher showed up at half time and the mud dogs won da bourbon bowl huh do ya?
    hahahahaahhahahahaahahahahaha

for anyone with a couple hours

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
      Maybe this thread got sidetracked into a Demar conversation somewhere in the middle but how is the "everything Norman" thread at the same number of pages and replies as the "everything kyle" and "everything casey" threads?
      The everything Lowry thread doesn't get much love since there really isn't anything that is controversial about Lowry.
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        Yeah but it didn't really affect the rest of his game. So I'm leaning more towards hard impact hurt his elbow. But I'm no doctor so I'm not really going to go into that.
        But that's where the impact of the wear and tear and fatigue can play a role. He takes a hard fall, and then the difference between 'ouch this hurts' and 'I can't shoot for a month' might be his level of fatigue.
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
          Luckily gravity doesn't apply to Powell the way it does to the rest of us.
          And most unfortunate in my girlfriend's case.

Comment

• Random Norm meme:

Comment

• So I have a good Norm player comparison. Anthony Parker.

Norm, as a rookie, is playing like Anthony Parker in his first couple seasons as a Raptor. The difference here being that Anthony Parker was 31 then and Norm is 23. They both play smart, play really good defense, knock down open threes and take it to the bucket when there's room. They're both good passers because of their court vision and willingness to create for their teammates.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                So I have a good Norm player comparison. Anthony Parker.

Norm, as a rookie, is playing like Anthony Parker in his first couple seasons as a Raptor. The difference here being that Anthony Parker was 31 then and Norm is 23. They both play smart, play really good defense, knock down open threes and take it to the bucket when there's room. They're both good passers because of their court vision and willingness to create for their teammates.
                Parker had a little more length and was better at getting the team into their offence, but as far as impact I can see where you are going. Norm also has room to grow where as Parker was a finished product when we got him.
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Without Norm we wouldn't have won this game. Just proves how important it is to draft the right players and finding a
                  jam even in the 2nd round.

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                    Parker had a little more length and was better at getting the team into their offence, but as far as impact I can see where you are going. Norm also has room to grow where as Parker was a finished product when we got him.
                    Well, I wasn't saying they share the same DNA. They have similar games. Norm is good at getting the team into the offense, it's just not his role. He's out there right now to play defense and knock down shots. When he was given more leash late in the season he showed more aggression, ability to suck in the defense and kick it to the open man.

For Norm, I think he does have a bigger ceiling than most realize. It's because he's containing himself to do what the team asks of him. Actually DeRozan and Ross could learn something from Norm in this regard that would help them elevate their games.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Well, I wasn't saying they share the same DNA. They have similar games. Norm is good at getting the team into the offense, it's just not his role. He's out there right now to play defense and knock down shots. When he was given more leash late in the season he showed more aggression, ability to suck in the defense and kick it to the open man.

For Norm, I think he does have a bigger ceiling than most realize. It's because he's containing himself to do what the team asks of him. Actually DeRozan and Ross could learn something from Norm in this regard that would help them elevate their games.
                      There is nothing similar about Norm and AP, other than good defense and being great teammates. Especially on offense. Parker was completely passive on offense - his career USG was a ridiculously low 15%, especially for a wing with handles. Whereas Norm is primal scream Westbrook-esque aggressive and would gladly be a 1st option if you let him.

The fact that Norm can excel in the "go sit in the corner and make bail-out 3's for our faux All-Stars once-in-a-while" role, speaks volumes to the talent and character of Norm. The guy had no range at the beginning of the season and is hitting clutch 3's like nothing in the biggest game in the history of this franchise. His natural role is to be a go-to guy, which is very un- Parker like. Hopefully, Lowry/DD/Casey allow this guy to grow.

Comment

• I think we forget what Parker was asked to do in Toronto. They had few play makers then. Many times he was asked to play quarterback. Norm is being asked to play catch and shoot mostly. He's on the receiving end because this team is so talented in the rotation. That said, the kinds of things Parker did, Norm can do. The kinds of things Norm is being asked to do, Parker could do but the team did not have to talent to allow him to blend in like that.

Yeah, Parker played selflessly but he wasn't getting the open looks Norm is getting. He was busy trying to create those looks for others because who else was gonna do that besides Jose?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                          Whereas Norm is primal scream Westbrook-esque aggressive and would gladly be a 1st option if you let him.

His natural role is to be a go-to guy...
                          Ok I love Norm and Casey even ran a play for him when he faked Monta out of his shoes, but still, maybe pump the brakes a little bit here lol
                          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                            There is nothing similar about Norm and AP, other than good defense and being great teammates. Especially on offense. Parker was completely passive on offense - his career USG was a ridiculously low 15%, especially for a wing with handles. Whereas Norm is primal scream Westbrook-esque aggressive and would gladly be a 1st option if you let him.

The fact that Norm can excel in the "go sit in the corner and make bail-out 3's for our faux All-Stars once-in-a-while" role, speaks volumes to the talent and character of Norm. The guy had no range at the beginning of the season and is hitting clutch 3's like nothing in the biggest game in the history of this franchise. His natural role is to be a go-to guy, which is very un- Parker like. Hopefully, Lowry/DD/Casey allow this guy to grow.
                            Not there yet, but I think he'll definitely get there and become one of the better 2 way players in the league.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                              Ok I love Norm and Casey even ran a play for him when he faked Monta out of his shoes, but still, maybe pump the brakes a little bit here lol
                              LOL. Pump this....

Comment

• Powell is better than DD right now. I hope Powell shoots like he has been there hasnt been enough volume to say for sure. Regardless at the very worst he is comparable to DD offensively. Defensively there couldnt be a bigger divide so its not even debatable. I also think there is a huge huge bonus that players like Norm provide - their intensity is contagious and makes others sharing the floor with him better.

I dont recall any raptor in history ever playing in your face smothering D like Powell. Cory Joseph is up there too.

And while Im at it after 21 years we finally have our first legit C. Actually JV and Biz are the best Centers this team has ever had. No one comes close to either.

So arguably we have our two best defenders and two best C's in team history playing now. If Lowry gets his 3 back this team can beat anyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X