Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Still waiting on Terrence Ross to realize he's actually Ray Allen.
    Ross is more like Joey Graham.

Comment

Then you will wait forever. Ross is a Mo Pete type.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
        Then you will wait forever. Ross is a Mo Pete type.
        Sarcasm. Terrence had some pretty wild comparisons himself early on.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Ed Malloy's reffing this game, expect some controversies if it's close.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            Sarcasm. Terrence had some pretty wild comparisons himself early on.
            Typical Raptor fans draft expectation. Vince Carter forever ruined us.

Comment

Miami Heat Ray Allen at least
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                Ed Malloy's reffing this game, expect some controversies if it's close.
                Tried. Failed.

Comment

Still waiting on Masai to realize he's Tony Delk and send him & his single 50pt game packing.

Comment

• I'm about three weeks late on this one but incase you haven't read it, here you go:

The Toronto Raptors visited the San Antonio Spurs in early April, and Tim Duncan tapped forward Patrick Patterson on the shoulder at the free throw line. Raptors guard Norman Powell, the No. 46 pick in last June's draft, had caught the Hall of Famer's attention.

“Yo Pat, he's a rookie?” Duncan asked, and Patterson answered in the affirmative.

Patterson decided to keep his exchange with Duncan to himself. When it was relayed to Powell, he lit up. Then he recalled something similar happening in Memphis.

The night before the San Antonio game, Powell hit two first-quarter 3s against the Grizzlies. Veteran Zach Randolph loudly asked two things: “Who's got Powell?” and, “Who is he?”

“That's our rookie,” Raptors guard Kyle Lowry responded.

“He's a rookie?” Randolph asked.

On the next possession, Randolph got fouled and went to the free throw line. He looked in Powell's direction and said, “Oh, Powell, you think you got game, huh?”

“Yeah, a little bit,” Powell responded.

If Powell had been one of the league's best-kept secrets, then the cat is now out of the bag.
                    CBS Sports - Click here to continue...

Comment

• Well Powell has seem to hit some kind of a rookie wall in the playoffs 2nd round, but still at this point I would rather for him to take 15 shots then DD.

Comment

• I don't think it's as much a wall as every time he plays he's giving up 25lbs and 3' to Joe Johnson or Wade is on him playing great defense. They key on the rookie when he's out there and those two are better than most guys he's been matched up with this season. In fact the whole Heat wing and guard crew for the most part are really long, fast and athletic.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          I don't think it's as much a wall as every time he plays he's giving up 25lbs and 3' to Joe Johnson or Wade is on him playing great defense. They key on the rookie when he's out there and those two are better than most guys he's been matched up with this season. In fact the whole Heat wing and guard crew for the most part are really long, fast and athletic.
                          Correct me if wrong is not wade 6'4 220
                          Last edited by rightsideup; Wed May 11, 2016, 06:36 PM.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                            I don't think it's as much a wall as every time he plays he's giving up 25lbs and 3' to Joe Johnson or Wade is on him playing great defense. They key on the rookie when he's out there and those two are better than most guys he's been matched up with this season. In fact the whole Heat wing and guard crew for the most part are really long, fast and athletic.
                            Well I wouldn't say fast or athletic because JJ and Deng are definitely not.

But they are MUCH bigger than he is. Even a true SF like Carroll struggles with their size difference over him so it's going to be incredibly tough for Norm to handle. I do feel offensively though, he's not playing his game and seems to be playing rushed and it doesn't help Casey has a short leash with him which is completely unfair because unlike DeRozan, if he's not giving you it offensively he's certainly working his tail off defensively and you can't expect a rookie to get comfortable in such limited time. That's part of why I think Val struggled for years. Part is his age but also when you're trying to prove you deserve PT you try to do too much and play out of your rhythm. Norm should have easily taken Ross' minutes who has NEVER earned a minute in his career.

Comment

• Well to be honest to Powell, the NBA refs are not having it... his rookie uprising is over for now, he's getting abused by the officials.

I know, I know, its how it is in the "respect" league of BS.... but I don't lik eit, that kid earns what he gets and deserves better treatment

Comment

• You can't put Powell out there unless he's guarding Dragic or Wade. To be fair Ross has been playing really well off the bench in this series and he's been with us in the playoffs 3 straight years so you can't blame Casey for playing him over Norm. Love the guy tho, I've been rooting for him since summer league I can't wait to see what he becomes.

Comment

Working...
                                X