X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inthepaint
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    I'm actually okay with Norm going.. I'd rather give the $20M to a starting caliber center than to a guard that can shoot/score but not do anything else. Especially since his market value seems high.. I mean he's going to be the bell of the ball during the trade deadline due to his salary, production, and age.

Hopefully whatever pick or prospect we get from Norm will turn into a player as good as he was.
    Not picking on you Mars but if what we can hope is that "whatever pick or prospect we get from Norm will turn into a player as good as he was", then why not keep him in the first place and know we have that rather than hoping?

Norm is 22ppg starter, that can shoot from 3 at a high clip, slash to rim quickly with an explosive second step, and has shown to be a good passer with flashes of playmaking and much improved decision making this year. Not an uber defender, but certainly hasn't been a liability there either (like Derozan used to be). He actually got better this year at leveraging his length and athleticism on that end too. Started generating quite a bit of gravity this year, which helped grease our offence.

So I don't know what else we'd want from him when we say "oh what else can he do?". We have enough hard hat players that "do the little things and bring untangibles". We need bucket getters, and Norm is one of them. That's why there's a dozen teams looking for him, So if we're parting with him I sure hope it's for a good package for the future that will surpasse his production, as he's also only 28.

Leave a comment:

• TomAmnot
    replied
    ceez wrote: View Post
    felt they should've drafted Dakari but whatever. seems like a pretty active defender.
    who?

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    The Hawks, Warriors and Knicks are the perfect trading partner for Powell.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    I'm actually okay with Norm going.. I'd rather give the $20M to a starting caliber center than to a guard that can shoot/score but not do anything else. Especially since his market value seems high.. I mean he's going to be the bell of the ball during the trade deadline due to his salary, production, and age.

Hopefully whatever pick or prospect we get from Norm will turn into a player as good as he was.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    saints91 wrote: View Post
    It will be hard to see Powell go, this is the best he’s ever played, maybe now is the right time to maximize the return. It’s the end of an era 😔
    Yeah I'm fie in seeing Kyle move on, it's just time. But I was hoping they'd hang on to Powell, we put all the patience in and I'm afraid some other team gets most of the reward. It's hard to find 20 PPG starters.

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    It will be hard to see Powell go, this is the best he’s ever played, maybe now is the right time to maximize the return. It’s the end of an era 😔

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Based on Woj’s report last night it sounds like where, not if, Norm gets traded at this point.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

Remembering our lovable goon. "C'mere ya little shit!'

I miss Serge throwin 'em now and again

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post
    That's been bugging me for a long time; I feel we don't have any grit/will to will/attitude/sandpaper/azzholes/ guys you hate to play against except for Kyle to a degree. Since Serge left and Baynes is ineffectual, we're a very very very soft team....no eye of the tiger guys in sight. Norm has some of that to a degree but again, no one is scared of Norm Powell...."scared" being an elevated sense of respect. Flippin' Cavs players were punkin' our guys.

Maybe just a bit too much being conscious of the Rogers corporate image and emphasis on good guys, feel good stories like Freddy, Pascal, OG and Boucher?

I want to see guys that absolutely hate losing. I forget which upper echelon-better team we beat not long ago (shouldn't be hard to remember there have been so few....) and I noted their stars walked off the court without the usual hug-fest.
    Remembering our lovable goon. "C'mere ya little shit!'

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    That's been bugging me for a long time; I feel we don't have any grit/will to will/attitude/sandpaper/azzholes/ guys you hate to play against except for Kyle to a degree. Since Serge left and Baynes is ineffectual, we're a very very very soft team....no eye of the tiger guys in sight. Norm has some of that to a degree but again, no one is scared of Norm Powell...."scared" being an elevated sense of respect. Flippin' Cavs players were punkin' our guys.

Maybe just a bit too much being conscious of the Rogers corporate image and emphasis on good guys, feel good stories like Freddy, Pascal, OG and Boucher?

I want to see guys that absolutely hate losing. I forget which upper echelon-better team we beat not long ago (shouldn't be hard to remember there have been so few....) and I noted their stars walked off the court without the usual hug-fest.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied

Not a bad Lowry replacement.. does all the hustle/leadership stuff. But a really inconsistent scorer and can shoot you out of games. He's also only 27.. but only has 1 year left on his deal after this one.
    Smart is too important to what celtics do. We have 2 marcus smarts in our backcourt, but he adds an essential grit to Boston, which otherwise is mostly a bunch of softies at the key positions.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Norm for Marcus Smart?
    Not a bad Lowry replacement.. does all the hustle/leadership stuff. But a really inconsistent scorer and can shoot you out of games. He's also only 27.. but only has 1 year left on his deal after this one.

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied
    Who struggles against Milwaukee in the playoffs? Send him there.. Norm is a Middleton stopper.
    Norm for Marcus Smart?

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

Id love to get an unprotected first in 22 from one of these middling teams that want to stay relevant. Charlotte, New York, Chicago.. theres always a chance they're right back in the lotto next year.

I also keep going back to orlando..maybe jeff weltman was always a norm Powell guy in his raptor days. Maybe some type of swap for aaron Gordon? To me he fills a bigger need for us, and that's defending and rebounding in the frontcourt.
    The Bargnani trade redux. Love it! NY is prime for that as well IMO. Thibs always has one great season, and then things fall apart the second year.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Who struggles against Milwaukee in the playoffs? Send him there.. Norm is a Middleton stopper.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X