Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Or did MU, not listen to them? Too many unknowns. Either way, we don't have anyone else with enough size/speed to guard the beastly wings we are going to face in the playoffs. Just gotta hope he plays out of this funk. I'd be happy if he just focused on stepping up his defence in time for the playoffs. If the shot doesn't drop we have lots of other options.
    Other than Lebron, who are the beastly wings left in the East? Butler & Paul George? Powell did a great job on PG last year. Not sure if we've seen a lot of Norm vs. Jimmy Buckets. Size-wise, I think Norm would be okay vs. Butler, but since the Bulls have nobody else on the roster of consequence, you should be able to game-plan to get the ball out of his hands and let the other guys beat you. Casey's a defensive coach, right?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      Other than Lebron, who are the beastly wings left in the East? Butler & Paul George? Powell did a great job on PG last year. Not sure if we've seen a lot of Norm vs. Jimmy Buckets. Size-wise, I think Norm would be okay vs. Butler, but since the Bulls have nobody else on the roster of consequence, you should be able to game-plan to get the ball out of his hands and let the other guys beat you. Casey's a defensive coach, right?
      You might not be remembering how well Norm did against Wade.

Other than that; I do agree with everything else you said. I'd rather see either Ross or Powell starting at the three but Powell causes less disruption than moving Ross over there.

At the same time, Carroll hasn't necessarily been as bad as people have been making it. I do just think he's the weakest of our main wings (ironically he's physically the strongest of them I think).
      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Yes, LeBron, Butler, George, Wade...over a 7 game series is murder. I like Powell, and want to see him get more, consistent, minutes but he's giving up a lot of size against elite level players with elite size for their positions. I remember how excited many of us were over Ross and his ability to play defence in his rookie year. At this point though I think we all realize he can be pretty solid for spurts and horrible for others. We do a lot of projecting when we see players perform well for short spurts. I'm trying not to get carried away with how much Powell can handle.

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
          You might not be remembering how well Norm did against Wade.

Other than that; I do agree with everything else you said. I'd rather see either Ross or Powell starting at the three but Powell causes less disruption than moving Ross over there.

At the same time, Carroll hasn't necessarily been as bad as people have been making it. I do just think he's the weakest of our main wings (ironically he's physically the strongest of them I think).
          Wade is really crafty, so I would chalk that up to rookie inexperience, rather than a size/strength thing. Carroll has no excuse (including injuries) for what looks like poor defensive IQ, e.g., biting on pump fakes, gambling for steals, mistakes on switches, etc... Defense is his calling card.

But lack of IQ and poor defensive fundamentals seems to be a team-wide issue now with the Raps.

Comment

Wade is really crafty, so I would chalk that up to rookie inexperience, rather than a size/strength thing. Carroll has no excuse (including injuries) for what looks like poor defensive IQ, e.g., biting on pump fakes, gambling for steals, mistakes on switches, etc... Defense is his calling card.

But lack of IQ and poor defensive fundamentals seems to be a team-wide issue now with the Raps
            It's team wide.

My biggest concern coming into the season was the loss of Greer and it seems to be the cause of the defensive trouble.
            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
              It's team wide.

My biggest concern coming into the season was the loss of Greer and it seems to be the cause of the defensive trouble.
              Ditto. It was one of my two main concerns.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

But lack of IQ and poor defensive fundamentals seems to be a team-wide issue now with the Raps.
                yeah, and carroll was already doing those stupid things last season. he's as dumb as the rock casey is pounding.

Comment

• He's trying so hard not to smile at the start, LMAO.

Comment

• Welcome to the Toronto Raptors Norman Powell!!!
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post
                      He's trying so hard not to smile at the start, LMAO.

Went private, what'd I miss?

Comment

• Gonna miss Ross' 3pt shooting but happy that it means Norm is going to find some regular minutes in the rotation. Really wish we could have expanded the deal to trade Carroll for Green or something.

Comment

• Canada's Wonderland should name its next roller coaster "The Howl of Powell". Drafted in the second round. Stars in summer league. Can't get playing time. Starts and stars in the Indy playoffs. Sits for Miami. Enters the season with optimism. Sits behind Ross. Ross gets traded...here come the minutes. Tucker arrives...there go the minutes. Kyle out.......

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                            Canada's Wonderland should name its next roller coaster "The Howl of Powell". Drafted in the second round. Stars in summer league. Can't get playing time. Starts and stars in the Indy playoffs. Sits for Miami. Enters the season with optimism. Sits behind Ross. Ross gets traded...here come the minutes. Tucker arrives...there go the minutes. Kyle out.......
                            Norm has inherited the back up two roll so he is slated to get slightly less than what ross was getting he seems to be pressing and losses some minutes to natural points like delon and fred

Comment

• He's a mess right now. SLOOOWW DOWN. the talent is still there, but he's just forcing, and skiddish

Somebody needs to smoke a joint and have a green tea with powell before the next game
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                He's a mess right now. SLOOOWW DOWN. the talent is still there, but he's just forcing, and skiddish

Somebody needs to smoke a joint and have a green tea with powell before the next game
                                I don't know, those eyes are already pretty squinty...

Comment

Working...
                                X