Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    ...The team has to absorb Siakam playing at PF in Patterson's place, but he should be less overmatched against bench units and with another year under his belt. But he can't replicate Patterson's floor spacing, and expecting Miles to replicate the effect of Patterson and Ross is a tall task, even for an elite volume shooter like him - but expecting Powell to is entirely unreasonable.
    At least in the 905 Siakim started to show a little range on his shot and seemed to have a quick release. We'll see how that translates to the Big Show.

Comment

• anyone have an idea on what Norms trade value might be? Norm + JV + 2018 first round pick has to be a decent package right? If Masaii is all in on this core then a similar package has to be his final play doesn't it? Man I'm bored.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
        anyone have an idea on what Norms trade value might be? Norm + JV + 2018 first round pick has to be a decent package right? If Masaii is all in on this core then a similar package has to be his final play doesn't it? Man I'm bored.
        I could maybe see them trying to leverage a package like that into Marc Gasol if MEM falls apart this year. But their 2018 pick is gone in the Carroll trade, so it would have to be a conditional 2020. And the point of that trade was mostly to be able to re-sign Powell next summer IMO, so I doubt it.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Norman Powell is the swing piece/x-factor. He's the player than can take this team to the next level. For a couple years the franchise was hoping that would be JV but, I think that ship has sailed. Can't wait to see this guys shut down Gordon Hayward in the second round. BIG YEAR!
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• If Powell doesn't start (which he won't). The bench lineup will have zero shooters on the floor when DeMar is with them. Can't wait to watch that.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
              If Powell doesn't start (which he won't). The bench lineup will have zero shooters on the floor when DeMar is with them. Can't wait to watch that.
              Powell will start. It's so obvious during all the interviews Debo/Lowry/Casey have had this summer. It's his position to lose. Since your so confident want to make a signature bet?
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                Powell will start. It's so obvious during all the interviews Debo/Lowry/Casey have had this summer. It's his position to lose. Since your so confident want to make a signature bet?
                I don't do betting, but I hope you're right.

Comment

Norman Powell is the swing piece/x-factor. He's the player than can take this team to the next level. For a couple years the franchise was hoping that would be JV but, I think that ship has sailed. Can't wait to see this guys shut down Gordon Hayward in the second round. BIG YEAR!
                  That is high praise. I don't see it, but then again we've yet to see what Powell is like when he plays consistently with the starters. I also don't see him starting and if he does/does not I think it will say a lot about his future as a Raptor.

Comment

That is high praise. I don't see it, but then again we've yet to see what Powell is like when he plays consistently with the starters. I also don't see him starting and if he does/does not I think it will say a lot about his future as a Raptor.
                    24 games as a starter 15-16 10 ppg, 46 FG, 46 3FG

18 games as a starter this past year 15.6 ppg, pretty much 50 FG, 40 3FG

I think he has borderline all-star potential like Hayward now.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

24 games as a starter 15-16 10 ppg, 46 FG, 46 3FG

18 games as a starter this past year 15.6 ppg, pretty much 50 FG, 40 3FG

I think he has borderline all-star potential like Hayward now.
                      Those are great numbers, so fingers crossed he can keep them up. Do you happen to know if those games he started were with both Lowry and DeMar or when one of them was out of the line-up?

Comment

Those are great numbers, so fingers crossed he can keep them up. Do you happen to know if those games he started were with both Lowry and DeMar or when one of them was out of the line-up?
                        A lot of them were in place of DeMar. He had good showings in place of Carroll too, but with less gaudy individual numbers.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

First year was with both Lowry/Deebo. Second years half with Deebo hurt I believe.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Norman Powell is the swing piece/x-factor. He's the player than can take this team to the next level. For a couple years the franchise was hoping that would be JV but, I think that ship has sailed. Can't wait to see this guys shut down Gordon Hayward in the second round. BIG YEAR!
                            I don't think he is a player to take us to the "next level" per say because the next level imo is a Finals appearance since we've already made a ECF and I don't think Norm has that level of skill to put us over the top especially when he's being forced to play the SF position which he does a heck of job doing as a completely undersized player but nonetheless (bad pun ahead intended) will cause us to come up short...

He can however make us a more competitive team, that's for sure. So instead of this team finding itself in deep ruts whenever whatever SF whether it be George, LBJ, Middleton etc would abuse Carroll....now whichever SF will have a much more challenging matchup and won't be giving players wide open lanes and jumpers as Carroll did with his awful "sagging" off his man. The on the flipside not be a write off when he can't drive to save his life and his jumper is flat on his busted wheel...not to mention giving his parting shots was probably a real cry baby in the lockerroom where as Norm seems to get along great with Kyle and DeMar. But again still too short to stop the big SFs and not talented enough to help us surpass them.

Really the Raps would need to make a miracle trade for someone like Gasol or DMC to get over the hump and get to that "next level", also why it disappointed me that we made the half measure and didn't pursue anyone ie/ DMC, George or even Millsap who ATL wanted to find a S&T partner for.....outside of that the only "hope" (more like miracle) that the Raps have is that they somehow develop OG to be something like Kawhi (despite him being far more like Green) and KL's developmental curve is extraordinary....you definitely don't bank on a player having a truly incredible learning curve like that but that's what it would take to get to the next level. Other than that we're only cementing ourselves at the level we're already at imo.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                              I don't think he is a player to take us to the "next level" per say because the next level imo is a Finals appearance since we've already made a ECF and I don't think Norm has that level of skill to put us over the top especially when he's being forced to play the SF position which he does a heck of job doing as a completely undersized player but nonetheless (bad pun ahead intended) will cause us to come up short...

He can however make us a more competitive team, that's for sure. So instead of this team finding itself in deep ruts whenever whatever SF whether it be George, LBJ, Middleton etc would abuse Carroll....now whichever SF will have a much more challenging matchup and won't be giving players wide open lanes and jumpers as Carroll did with his awful "sagging" off his man. The on the flipside not be a write off when he can't drive to save his life and his jumper is flat on his busted wheel...not to mention giving his parting shots was probably a real cry baby in the lockerroom where as Norm seems to get along great with Kyle and DeMar. But again still too short to stop the big SFs and not talented enough to help us surpass them.

Really the Raps would need to make a miracle trade for someone like Gasol or DMC to get over the hump and get to that "next level", also why it disappointed me that we made the half measure and didn't pursue anyone ie/ DMC, George or even Millsap who ATL wanted to find a S&T partner for.....outside of that the only "hope" (more like miracle) that the Raps have is that they somehow develop OG to be something like Kawhi (despite him being far more like Green) and KL's developmental curve is extraordinary....you definitely don't bank on a player having a truly incredible learning curve like that but that's what it would take to get to the next level. Other than that we're only cementing ourselves at the level we're already at imo.
                              Height is overrated. You not contesting shots with you forehead. PJ is like an inch taller than Powell. Wingspan is way more important.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

anyone have an idea on what Norms trade value might be? Norm + JV + 2018 first round pick has to be a decent package right? If Masaii is all in on this core then a similar package has to be his final play doesn't it? Man I'm bored.
                                A year ago that would have been a great package.

Now Norm only has a year left before free agency. JV's value is rock bottom (was offered to 7 teams). And we gave our pick to Brooklyn in the Carroll trade.

I don't think we can get a Marc Gasol anymore because a team that's throwing in the towel is going to want a pick back. Our only real hope is that a potential trade party was high on Poeltl or OG and treats either of them as a lotto-quality acquisition. Or that any of our young chips plays their way into improved trade value--most likely with Norm, but again his contract status will limit his attractiveness.

Comment

Working...
                                X