Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
    Just people can't go out expecting to see a "Kawhi" in his 1st year. He's not going to have that kind of offensive repatoire, especially in his 1st year without having a summer to work on it. But I think people are still going to get excited when they see pretty much a 6'8 PJ Tucker (who is 6'5 with 6'9 wingspan) with a 7'2 wingspan making life harder on teams which of course is gravy...something to look forward to in the future.
    Kawhi wasn't even Kawhi his first year. It took him years to get there... With some very patient development by Pop, who forced him to take the ball and lead the offense. I don't think we'll ever see that from Casey tbh. So as long as OG gives us Tucker-level defense for now I'll be happy.

Comment

• Big year comin up

Comment

• Someone get Powell in the Dunk Contest next year. Please.
        Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:
        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post

Big year comin up
          I love two-footed dunkers, main reason I would rather watch Aaron Gordon dunk than Zach Lavine.

Comment

• Breakout season coming for Powell

https://youtu.be/S4YLYr0yM9c

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I just hope that Norm actually isn't so worried about "breaking out" because sometimes he tries to do a little too much and above his current skillset. I think by the end of this season he can be just as valuable as a Jae Crowder or Avery Bradley and needs to find a niche kinda like Igoudala within the flow of a team because that's when those kind of guys really shine.

Not that I'm saying he shouldn't strive to exceed that as his potential because he does have the footspeed those players lack where he can become a better option driving to the basket. But I think Norm can be like one of those very high impact role players that it almost does them injustice to call them one...again like Bradley, Crowder and as you go up the scale Iggy, Draymond.

I mean if he is in fact able to add a great jumper, round out his game over the years which is what a guy at an even higher extreme, Kawhi did then yes he has great potential, obviously nowhere near Leonard but nonetheless very good. All I'm saying is he/we need to be patient (ie/ DD year 7 is very different from year 2-3 DD) and he has to be happy with trying to reach the level of Iggy even if the goal in his heart is "Kawhi" so to speak (obviously as a smaller version at that) too. Sorry for the blab but my 2c.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                I just hope that Norm actually isn't so worried about "breaking out" because sometimes he tries to do a little too much and above his current skillset. I think by the end of this season he can be just as valuable as a Jae Crowder or Avery Bradley and needs to find a niche kinda like Igoudala within the flow of a team because that's when those kind of guys really shine.

Not that I'm saying he shouldn't strive to exceed that as his potential because he does have the footspeed those players lack where he can become a better option driving to the basket. But I think Norm can be like one of those very high impact role players that it almost does them injustice to call them one...again like Bradley, Crowder and as you go up the scale Iggy, Draymond.

I mean if he is in fact able to add a great jumper, round out his game over the years which is what a guy at an even higher extreme, Kawhi did then yes he has great potential, obviously nowhere near Leonard but nonetheless very good. All I'm saying is he/we need to be patient (ie/ DD year 7 is very different from year 2-3 DD) and he has to be happy with trying to reach the level of Iggy even if the goal in his heart is "Kawhi" so to speak (obviously as a smaller version at that) too. Sorry for the blab but my 2c.
                He talked yesterday about learning not to force his game, and his struggles with doing so with his inconsistent role the last couple years. A good sign.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  He talked yesterday about learning not to force his game, and his struggles with doing so with his inconsistent role the last couple years. A good sign.
                  He has likely been told that this year he is going to play regular minutes. With the knowledge that he's playing every game will likely come a more measured approach. No more charge of the light brigade drives. Last year he seemed to play to fast..maybe this was to light it up in order to show he was worth more PT. Mixed minutes seemed to drive mixed results.

Norm seems prepared for a bigger role this year. Pretty sure he delivers consistent numbers with the consistent minutes he will get.
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

• Hard to imagine Powell extending (for 10.5 per) when TJ Warren can get 4 years 50 mill.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                      Hard to imagine Powell extending (for 10.5 per) when TJ Warren can get 4 years 50 mill.
                      Warren played as many minutes this past year as Powell has played in his career, and averaged 14 PPG last year, while Powell averaged 8.

And more importantly, just took another cap space team off the market next summer.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        Warren played as many minutes this past year as Powell has played in his career, and averaged 14 PPG last year, while Powell averaged 8.

And more importantly, just took another cap space team off the market next summer.
                        Sure, but I don't think you predict Powell to sign an extension either.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                          Sure, but I don't think you predict Powell to sign an extension either.
                          I do not, but it's not hard for me to imagine him doing so.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Awesome.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Amazing!

Comment

• YES!!!

Now START HIM!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X