No announcement yet.

Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome, no need to sweat it out with him next summer.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      I'm in no position to gloat, as I didn't think he'd take it, but my stance that it was perfectly plausible that he would do so is looking pretty good right now.
      A while ago I was wondering about insurance, and whether he'd have to essentially play the season uninsured if he didn't sign an extension. Doesn't surprise me that he took it. He's taken care of multiple generations. Versus close to nothing if the worst case scenario played out and he hadn't signed.
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Hope this doesn't affect Norm's "hunger" to prove himself. Hope he still plays with that chip on his shoulder.
        My thoughts exactly. Love the extension, think its good for both sides, but tbh Norm still has a lot to prove. He has looked great for a young player, but he still hasn't broken out yet. Here's to homing that is this year!

Comment

• "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• seems pretty good. close to what I thought his value should be. I never could see 15M/year offers from any reasonable FOs in the league, but there are a lot of unreasonable ones.

Now that he's on bigger $ than Miles he has to start, though, right? #CaseyLogic

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
              seems pretty good. close to what I thought his value should be. I never could see 15M/year offers from any reasonable FOs in the league, but there are a lot of unreasonable ones.

Now that he's on bigger $ than Miles he has to start, though, right? #CaseyLogic
              Sadly his pay raise doesn't kick in until next season...
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I've heard suggestions this spells the end of JV...but wouldn't the contract be easily absorbed by dealing CJ Miles next offseason, when we hopefully have a contributing OG Anunoby by then?

I'm not opposed to dealing JV. I am opposed to 'dumping' our 3rd best offensive player for cap relief
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  I've heard suggestions this spells the end of JV...but wouldn't the contract be easily absorbed by dealing CJ Miles next offseason, when we hopefully have a contributing OG Anunoby by then?

I'm not opposed to dealing JV. I am opposed to 'dumping' our 3rd best offensive player for cap relief
                  I would expect them to go through this season with this full team to see if there's any reason to pay the tax to keep everyone.

Beyond that I think it's pretty wide open. If JV really is the 3rd best offensive player on this team this season (by production as well as by efficiency), though, I don't think you trade him.

On the other hand if this season is a failure I could see an early tear-down at which point i think you trade anyone and everyone.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                    I would expect them to go through this season with this full team to see if there's any reason to pay the tax to keep everyone.

Beyond that I think it's pretty wide open. If JV really is the 3rd best offensive player on this team this season (by production as well as by efficiency), though, I don't think you trade him.

On the other hand if this season is a failure I could see an early tear-down at which point i think you trade anyone and everyone.
                    Define failure.

Part me of can see Masai holding onto this core for 2 more years, even with an early playoff exit. Guaranteed playoff revenue....and the ever-popular "you never know if LeBron blows a knee" scenario.

Comment

Define failure.

Part me of can see Masai holding onto this core for 2 more years, even with an early playoff exit. Guaranteed playoff revenue....and the ever-popular "you never know if LeBron blows a knee" scenario.
                      True, though in that case they'd very likely look to duck the tax again.

Getting to the 2nd/3rd round and competing in whatever series they are eliminated by LBJ in, and I could see them paying the tax (especially with the potential removal of LBJ from the conference).
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Define failure.

i would say a first round exit would classify (assuming the team is healthy).

getting past the first round and getting embarrassed by Lebron again is on the borderline. For me it'd be a failure.

but yeah, point taken.

Comment

• Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            True, though in that case they'd very likely look to duck the tax again.

Getting to the 2nd/3rd round and competing in whatever series they are eliminated by LBJ in, and I could see them paying the tax (especially with the potential removal of LBJ from the conference).
                            If lebron leaves the conference we're officially the B division and winning the conference means nothing. 13 of the top 14 players are already in the west
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

If lebron leaves the conference we're officially the B division and winning the conference means nothing. 13 of the top 14 players are already in the west
                              Winning the conference always means something. It's not like the East hasn't been super weak before. Having a clear path to the Finals is something to be excited about.

Comment

I look at it differently. It's nice to be in a conference that's easy. Easier trip to the finals isn't a bad thing. The 2004-2005 Pistons had it easy. Jason Kid's Nets or AI's 6ers made it to the finals too when the competition out East was weak.

Just the way it is and I for one am happy that the Raptors are in the easier conference (unlike the Jays in baseball for example). To me in the big picture nobody really cares how you got there, just that you did.

Comment

Working...
                                X