Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Define failure.

Part me of can see Masai holding onto this core for 2 more years, even with an early playoff exit. Guaranteed playoff revenue....and the ever-popular "you never know if LeBron blows a knee" scenario.
    Yeah I don't see Masai breaking it up with a good regular season and a playoff round or two. He kept worse teams together after bad playoff showings, no reason to think that would change. Only reason I see is if the Raps have a bad regular season and playoffs with no injuries - this simply won't happen though.

To me the plan is capitalize on a couple years of great play from Lowry/Derozen while developing young guys to take over in a couple years, to give some level of sustained success, and hope like hell a superstar talent appears. I wouldn't be surprised if Masai makes moves to trade established rotation guys for draft picks, to keep giving the team chances at developing a star.

Comment

• This is so Norm. No fuss, no drama, no overanalyzing, just get 'er done.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
        Winning the conference always means something. It's not like the East hasn't been super weak before. Having a clear path to the Finals is something to be excited about.
        The 2017-18 season is the biggest disparity between east and west and it isn't close, and you'd still get destroyed in the finails by 6 or 7 teams. So if you want a consolation price when in reality you're like the 8th best team, that's cool. I'd rather figure out how to be the best team, or have a shot at beating the best team.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          The 2017-18 season is the biggest disparity between east and west and it isn't close, and you'd still get destroyed in the finails by 6 or 7 teams. So if you want a consolation price when in reality you're like the 8th best team, that's cool. I'd rather figure out how to be the best team, or have a shot at beating the best team.
          That's a little presumptuous.

https://www.basketball-reference.com.../NBA_2004.html
          The 9th seed in the West would have tied for 4th in the East.

https://www.basketball-reference.com.../NBA_2003.html
          Best team in the East with 50 wins would have been tied for 5th in the West.
          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            The two aren't mutually exclusive, you can plan to get through the weak East and win the NBA championship. The Pistons did it, so did the Heat with Shaq.

Comment

• And when the top two teams in the East were Allan Houston's Knicks and AI's Sixers, that is pretty f-cking weak.

Comment

• I am willing to make a bold prediction. Norm doesn't settle now that he has a good contract. You can tell he is hungry for success. I recall reading about hoe he desires to emulate DD's constant and regular improvement. And there is the ability to opt out in three years for a big contract when he is 28...when he should be in his prime.

Nah, Norm won't settle.

Comment

• Great deal. I wonder if Norm got a no trade clause. *He did not. You have to be in the league eight years.

So he's probably now our most valuable trade chip, short of a rebuild. (Sorry to be mercenary.)
                  Last edited by Scraptor; Thu Oct 5, 2017, 06:56 PM.

Comment

• Wow!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Man people sure do love their Powell lol

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                        Great deal. I wonder if Norm got a no trade clause.

If not he's probably now our most valuable trade chip. (Sorry to be mercenary.)
                        absolutely not.. you only get one of those if you are lbj...dirk...or melo thats literally it..

Comment

• Alex91 wrote: View Post
                          Man people sure do love their Powell lol
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• This and OG have been the 2 biggest bright spots of the summer....sorry old man Ibaka and KL.

Great move to lock him in!!

#WETHENORM

Comment

If I ever own an NBA jersey, it'll be his

Comment

Because he's a great player.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment