No announcement yet.

Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Powell figures out how to time the backdoor baseline cut in this new offense, there is 8 points a game right there. Carroll was really good at that but our offense never allowed for it
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• I was at this game...

Comment

• Anyone else a little worried about Powell? Only 4 games but he's shooting career lows (35% FG%, 27% 3PT%). Defensively I guess he's been okay but nothing spectacular.

Do you think the extension has gotten to his head?

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          Anyone else a little worried about Powell? Only 4 games but he's shooting career lows (35% FG%, 27% 3PT%). Defensively I guess he's been okay but nothing spectacular.

Do you think the extension has gotten to his head?
          i think he needs to stop chucking 3s and start cutting more.

he also shouldn't handle the ball very much. he's OK as a 3rd ball-handler for pressure relief (see Milwaukee series) but pretty bad at creating with the dribble.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
            i think he needs to stop chucking 3s and start cutting more.

he also shouldn't handle the ball very much. he's OK as a 3rd ball-handler for pressure relief (see Milwaukee series) but pretty bad at creating with the dribble.
            Feels like the game plan is to just chuck 3's. That's not Powell's game though. But Norm is apparently a hard worker (first guy in the gym every day).. you would think by now he'd have his shot figured out.

Comment

• Not worried about Norm. He's still young (in terms of experience). But would like for him, and the team in general, to push the ball more in transition. That's where Norm will excel, and really bring an element to the starting lineup that we've been lacking in recent years.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Not worried about Norm. He's still young (in terms of experience). But would like for him, and the team in general, to push the ball more in transition. That's where Norm will excel, and really bring an element to the starting lineup that we've been lacking in recent years.
                This season is a big adjustment for all the Raptor guards who have been here for a while. They've been programmed for drive, draw foul & kick, now it's drive-kick-swing. Totally new habits and instincts are getting re-programmed in. This culture reset ball-movement thing is going to take at least 20 or so games before we can evaluate how each player is doing. It's interesting how a rookie like OG looks good passing the ball right off the bat since he doesn't have to un-learn the old habits of standing around watching Kyle and DeMar.

Comment

• Not the least worried about Norm. His shot will come. He does need to play more within himself - he's forcing some transition looks that aren't there. The starting lineup has been in such flux that it's hard to blame the starters for being all over the place.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• While many are not worried about Norm, I for one am a little concerned. Other than his first game of the season he has been playing very poorly. To me, he just does not seem himself. I don't know if he has a little nagging injury or if being the starter has gotten into his head.

I am looking forward to seeing the old Norm show up....I hope he did not get lost when the new contract got signed.
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• I'm very worried about Powell. Not a fan of the playmaker/shooter role we've given him this season.

Comment

• He still manages to put up gaudy +/- numbers which says to me he's still doing plenty of things right. Yes he's in a slump right now, but he's having to adjust to a new offensive system which has also caused other players to struggle too. Let's give this like 20 more games before we do an actual evaluation.

Comment

• I'm sure Norm has put a lot of pressure on himself considering his new starting role, contract, etc. It's also been five games. I have absolutely zero concern that this is a case of Norm resting on his laurels because he believes that he's "made it" now... more or less just a slump for a player who is still relatively young and wandering into unchartered territory for his career. He'll be fine.

Comment

• 5 games. Not worried one bit. He'll figure it out.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• With his play through two seasons so limited, this is probably just a delayed sophomore slump. He'll work through it.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• At the end of the day he still isn't a small forward. Acquiring an actual 2-way starting SF (who can shoot the 3 efficiently) should still be high on the list of our priorities. I feel like OG is more of a 4 at least right now so he's not a solution to that problem either.

Very difficult to get that kind of player though, for now Powell is fine. In an ideal world he'd come off the bench behind DeMar, and then in situations where we need more perimeter defense he could start at the 2 with DeMar bumping up to the 3 and whoever's at the 3 bumping up to the 4 spot.

Comment

Working...
                                X