No announcement yet.

Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norm is going to practice hard in the summer right?

Comment

• there's no doubt he has a strong work ethic

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
        Norm is going to practice hard in the summer right?
        Man’s got a huge tattoo that says Hard Work.

Can’t remember exactly where I heard this, (somewhere here on this site) but apparently he practiced, as we would’ve expected, insanely hard last summer, but more in isolation, and not within the bench mob system like the others. He wasn’t part of the five that were drilling like crazy together as a unit in the offseason and he never came near the kind of cohesiveness the others exhibited. (He had a majorly off year, there’s no way around it.) Hopefully this year he can find a way to properly integrate himself into the system, coming off the bench.

Lots of improving to be done here, Norm. Shooting, driving, playmaking... Get er done.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Can’t remember exactly where I heard this, (somewhere here on this site) but apparently he practiced, as we would’ve expected, insanely hard last summer, but more in isolation, and not within the bench mob system like the others. He wasn’t part of the five that were drilling like crazy together as a unit in the offseason and he never came near the kind of cohesiveness the others exhibited. (He had a majorly off year, there’s no way around it.) Hopefully this year he can find a way to properly integrate himself into the system, coming off the bench.

Lots of improving to be done here, Norm. Shooting, driving, playmaking... Get er done.
          I think Norm, with help from the staff, will be able to identify what went wrong with his off-season preps last year. I survey getting him going will be a major focus even if the plan is to make a trade. He has little playing value currently. Yet he has the same physical ability. He just needs a half decent start to the season to get his confidence back and his head straight.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
            I'm now thinking Norm stays and Nurse has to figure this shit out.
            Everyone not on their option year appears to be staying and it’s so not Ujiri to give up on young players after he decided to extend him for 4 years. A little confidence and a little pride and a little business mixed together and Norm stays.

There is just no demand for win now players. Isiah Thomas hasn’t seen an offer. Cousins said he didn’t get a call. Debatable but still you have to take him at his word. So hard to see any current Raps on the move this summer.

The residue of tanking won’t leave the air....as it just doesn’t work the Atlanta, Chicago, Charlotte, Sacto who even before camp opens are punting the season. Every loss is crucial and guys like IT and Cousins make that harder. Much harder.
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

Now the question if that's the case, why hasn't Norm showed up in Vegas to work out with Delon and Fred with Nurse overseeing things?! Wouldn't that be the best place to start?!

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                Now the question if that's the case, why hasn't Norm showed up in Vegas to work out with Delon and Fred with Nurse overseeing things?! Wouldn't that be the best place to start?!
                It’s a good point you raise.

Comment

In the post conference scrum after we announced Nurse as head coach, Nurse was asked if we could salvage Norm, and he said absolutely and took the blame on himself for allowing what you just described to happen (Norm working his ass off solo while the rest of the bench mob practiced together the entire time). He followed by saying he had already had a lengthy conversation with Norm about it and that they both agreed this offseason would be different.

Comment

It’s a good point you raise.
                    Looks like he has been! but kept a low key. My apologies.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                      Looks like he has been! but kept a low key. My apologies.

The money shot is at the 1:40 spot where he is asked "Your head coach is now Nick Nurse. How excited are you for the opportunity to play with his offense."

Music to my ears.

Comment

• Hope Norm can get his confidence back and continue to trend upwards. I’m excited to see his hard work pay off.

Comment

• I'm a bit concerned about what has changed which will help Norm fit in better. It's the same system, but with a different person running it. It would be great to have another scoring option out there with the second unit.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                            I'm a bit concerned about what has changed which will help Norm fit in better. It's the same system, but with a different person running it. It would be great to have another scoring option out there with the second unit.
                            As of right now everybody is back. Norm is still the 11th man, or Injury Insurance. Everybody is a little overstating how crucial he is
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• If Siakam takes a big enough leap to start over Serg at the 4. We could roll out Fred, Delon, Norm, Miles and either Serg or Jak against smaller benches.

He’s had one hiccup in his development and we’ve written him off completely. Slightly fickle considering we were all high on him last off-season. He’s 25 and supposedly an extremely hard worker, a lot could change. Sounds like he’s training in Vegas this summer maybe a new trainer can make the right adjustments.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                As of right now everybody is back. Norm is still the 11th man, or Injury Insurance. Everybody is a little overstating how crucial he is
                                He's going to have to play his way back into the rotation, which is going to mean outperforming some combination of Delon, FVV, OG, and CJ. That's no small tasks, those guys all performed their roles well last year.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X