Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
    Norm The Mandolorian taking no prisoners...even baby Yoda is impressed
    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• There are two types of people in this world: those who don't understand the grind, and those who do.

Comment

• How great is this run? You gotta be excited for this guy - on a personal level with a guy finally seeing consistent breakthrough, and for what it can mean for us as a team.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          How great is this run? You gotta be excited for this guy - on a personal level with a guy finally seeing consistent breakthrough, and for what it can mean for us as a team.
          “Powell’s scorching play these past couple of weeks has been astonishing. In his last four games, he’s shooting 52.9 per cent from three-point range (18-for-34) and a shocking 59.1 per cent overall from the floor (42-for-71). He is averaging 23 points a game, has strung together five straight games of 20 or more points for the first time in his career and he has morphed into something like instant offence off the bench for the 29-14 Raptors.”

Isn’t Norm now basically a Lou Williams who shoots better from three (that man can be a bit of a chucker!), and actually plays defense?!?! This is insaaaaaaaaane

And to think Lou Williams thought the DEFENSE Raptors would offer him a contract 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🠘‚😂😂😂😂😂

Plus this man will be here for Giannis! Knock on wood he keeps it uppppp YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWHWHWIWOWOWKWBWBQJWK

(And Giannis knows we WON’T LET HIM WALK LIKE BROGDON, knock on woooooooodowjjqiqoqo)

Comment

• What if he's one of those late bloomer? like Lowry?

I think Lowry was 26 when he got traded to TO. Powell is now 26.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
              What if he's one of those late bloomer? like Lowry?

I think Lowry was 26 when he got traded to TO. Powell is now 26.
              or James Harden
              Harden was on Okc as bench player,very offensive,but didn't get a lot of playing time..
              I don't mind Powell scoring,but he is chucker,everyone can score,can u make other players better..assists,rebounding,blocking,steals,defensi ve and so one..he still doesn't bring that. I like Norm,but his good off the bench,if he improves the other things,then were talking,but as of right now..his perfect where his at..bench player.
              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• I've been saying for a long time that Powell can put up the same scoring numbers as FVV if Nurse gave him a longer leash and consistent minutes. Terence Davis also has that potential. Confidence from the coach, consistent minutes and role definition is a huge factor in player development. When you're a bench player and the coach gives you 8-10 minutes to "show him something", you tend to force the issue instead of letting the game come to you. Powell had a rough first shift yesterday, and in earlier days, he would have been nailed to the bench by Nurse. But he knew that he'd get back in the game and the ball found him in the flow of the offense.

McCaw, on the other hand, is getting those consistent minutes and he's basically exposing his talent level as being sub-par, at least for a championship contender. McCaw should have stayed on the Cavs... nobody would have noticed.

Comment

• I still can't believe we got Norm and OG from Greivis Vasquez.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    I've been saying for a long time that Powell can put up the same scoring numbers as FVV if Nurse gave him a longer leash and consistent minutes. Terence Davis also has that potential. Confidence from the coach, consistent minutes and role definition is a huge factor in player development. When you're a bench player and the coach gives you 8-10 minutes to "show him something", you tend to force the issue instead of letting the game come to you. Powell had a rough first shift yesterday, and in earlier days, he would have been nailed to the bench by Nurse. But he knew that he'd get back in the game and the ball found him in the flow of the offense.

McCaw, on the other hand, is getting those consistent minutes and he's basically exposing his talent level as being sub-par, at least for a championship contender. McCaw should have stayed on the Cavs... nobody would have noticed.
                    Scoring is the one thing everyone should have been confident Norm could do, it's the rest of his game that has always been full of holes (and continues to be but thankfully less so).

Scoring this efficiently is pretty crazy and probably won't keep up, but it's certainly fun while it's happening. 117 iORTG with a >20% usage. Crazy.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      I still can't believe we got Norm and OG from Greivis Vasquez.
                      One of Masais most underrated trades. You could do a top 10 masai trades and have some pretty unbelievable one sided wins...the rudy gay...the carmelo...the bargnani...

the kawhi
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        I still can't believe we got Norm and OG from Greivis Vasquez.
                        Best trade Masai has done purely in terms of talent in vs talent out. Vasquez only played 23 games for the Bucks lmao
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post

Best trade Masai has done purely in terms of talent in vs talent out. Vasquez only played 23 games for the Bucks lmao
                          this comes with an asterisk as best trade because its actually more drafting that gets credit imo. Sure the 2 assets was an overpay on bucks part but masai turned pick turned picks 23 and 46 into really good pros. Norm Powell could easily be Joe blow playing in the Italian league right now

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

this comes with an asterisk as best trade because its actually more drafting that gets credit imo. Sure the 2 assets was an overpay on bucks part but masai turned pick turned picks 23 and 46 into really good pros. Norm Powell could easily be Joe blow playing in the Italian league right now
                            Worth noting that the trade was made on draft night specifically for the Raptors to draft Powell. Such that Powell was officially drafted by the Bucks on the Raptors' behalf. So it wasn't just trading for a mid-2nd rounder, it was trading for Powell specifically (and hilariously getting a 1st round pick a couple years later in the process).

Certainly you are right that the specific value of OG is way above what could reasonably have been projected from a generic late 1st rounder. And of course the Raptors' development team always gets credit for stuff like this.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Worth noting that the trade was made on draft night specifically for the Raptors to draft Powell. Such that Powell was officially drafted by the Bucks on the Raptors' behalf. So it wasn't just trading for a mid-2nd rounder, it was trading for Powell specifically (and hilariously getting a 1st round pick a couple years later in the process).

Certainly you are right that the specific value of OG is way above what could reasonably have been projected from a generic late 1st rounder. And of course the Raptors' development team always gets credit for stuff like this.
                              Ah yes I forgot that detail.

Still fact remains, Norm Powell could still easily be Norm Powell playing in the italian league right now

One thing Norm, Fred, Pascal all have in common noticeably over Delon, Bruno, and seemingly OG - and insatiable hunger and work ethic

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

This makes it all the more sweet that playoff Norman Powell now haunts buck fans in their dreams
                                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Working...
                                X