No announcement yet.

Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only silver lining in the Norm breaks finger story is that it comes with the All Star break right in the middle of his recovery.

Hopefully he is back for the end of the month and he only misses 10 games. Embiid who had a similar nasty break took about 3-4 weeks...
    If Norm is on the same glide path as Joel then Normie has 6 to 8 weeks to round back into form and be the guy who dunked over Drummond like it was nothing special... Get well fast Norm !
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• Fresh playoff legs

Comment

• Giving Norm some LUV. Calling on all former Norm haters. I used to be one of them. Early last season I thought Norm was an untradeable dead money contract and didn't think he would command $3mil per year as an FA if he were available. Fast forward and now Norm is totally earning his $10 mill/yr and is actually outplaying his contract. Norm is 2nd longest tenured player and deserves all the luv he gets.

Norm is actually in position to opt out of the last yr of his contract that pays him 11mil. With his new level of consistency I think Norm can easily command a $13 to $15 mill / YEAR deal at 3 to 4 years of term. Crappy teams like Bobcats or Magic with their forward heavy lineup would be itching to sign a Norm at that rate.

.... I'm sorry Norm for hating on you. Always happy for 2nd round picks that find their way in the NBA. Once again Masai proven correct !!

Comment

• Norm with 37 for the career high.
          In spite of any hiccups that have arisen— this guy’s been having a helluva year.

Comment

• Would I be crazy to say at this point Norm is a better ALL AROUND PLAYER then Demar

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Absolutely. Our own D-League team will pay us dividends someday.
              They sure do!!
              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Tmac2darak wrote: View Post
                Would I be crazy to say at this point Norm is a better ALL AROUND PLAYER then Demar
                I was certainly having the same thought last night. To be able to shoot the 3 with his level of confidence, and his D has always been and will always be way better, at least to the eye test, (Dan might argue his D is not as great as many have felt it is... I'd be interested to hear his thooughts at this stage) ... Offensively, I think he'll have to continue to produce at this pace for a while to be respected as the elite scorer that Demar has been. But all around, I think he's stirring up a good argument that he's the better player. Hopefully he could prove that in the playoffs -- then we'd know for sure.

Comment

• Norm is probably already more useful than DeMar, if that makes sense.

DeMar was your 1A scorer who took the focus of the defence. Norm is still playing off of Siakam and Lowry and getting a bunch of his points vs bench units. He hasn't been handed anywhere near the offensive workload DeMar carried night in and night out.

But a 2-way complimentary player who can put up points consistently, both with starters and with the bench while your starters rest? This is 100% what the doctor ordered when earlier in the season the biggest question mark was where the Raptors offence would be coming from.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I thought we traded this bum (+ picks) for Iggy?

Comment

• The cap space for 2021/Giannis is disappearing man. Norm's playing himself into keeper/untouchable territory so far this year.

Comment

• Tmac2darak wrote: View Post
                        Would I be crazy to say at this point Norm is a better ALL AROUND PLAYER then Demar
                        I feel that DeMar was more consistent (predictable) offensive player while Powell is a better all around player. Consider that DeRozan was a focal point of the offense and Powell is 3rd or 4th option....or bench.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          The cap space for 2021/Giannis is disappearing man. Norm's playing himself into keeper/untouchable territory so far this year.
                          I would still trade every player not named Masai for Giannis

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            The cap space for 2021/Giannis is disappearing man. Norm's playing himself into keeper/untouchable territory so far this year.
                            Interesting to see what tactic they take, though this summer will help clarify things. If Giannis is going to hit the market, they'll need to decide between trading pieces they would definitely lose to sign him (like Norm) for value while they can, versus keeping them as a contingency plan if Giannis signs elsewhere (as do other stars). Obviously if Giannis signs his extension this summer the drop off from the best case FA plan to keeping their own guys is a good bit smaller and the choice to maintain their contingencies is easier.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I actually think this is best cast scenario. Norm wont pick up his option in 2021 if he keeps this up. Then we will be able to see if we actually have a chance with Giannis or another big name with the open space and if so we can let Norm walk. If we strike out Norm will still be there for a new contract.
                              Always the option of trading him in the summer if he rises his stock like crazy in the playoffs, I think Norm turning a corner is actually going to help make things easier.
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                                I actually think this is best cast scenario. Norm wont pick up his option in 2021 if he keeps this up. Then we will be able to see if we actually have a chance with Giannis or another big name with the open space and if so we can let Norm walk. If we strike out Norm will still be there for a new contract.
                                Always the option of trading him in the summer if he rises his stock like crazy in the playoffs, I think Norm turning a corner is actually going to help make things easier.
                                Oh, for sure, Norm playing well is great news no matter what the team's intentions are for him long term.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X