No announcement yet.

Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So it seems like Norm is gonna be our starting SG, unless u can get top notch all star 2 replace him, but Masai is either gonna have 2 move him 2 get that or his gonna have 2 pony up and retain his services..20 million per for 4 years, my guess..80 million..Lowry will be gone, writing is on the wall, listed house, not playing, not in shape, thumb injury. Raptors play better without him, which is crazy..but the facts are there..so yeah, he would be amazing asset 2 any team of a championship aspiration.
    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• I can see us heading towards the narrative from where we were targeting Giannis to one where we had to pony up too much for Pascal, Freddy, OG, now Norm and soon Boucher that we can't afford an elite guy

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
        I can see us heading towards the narrative from where we were targeting Giannis to one where we had to pony up too much for Pascal, Freddy, OG, now Norm and soon Boucher that we can't afford an elite guy
        LMAO, my goodness I will never understand how some of you get out of bed each morning with such a bleak outlook on things. You might be !00% right but geesh, it can't be healthy to always look for the negative in things. Keep your heads up guys, we're seeing a lot more positives from this roster than we did to start the season where all the new contracts of consequence looked terrible. All the guys that matter are looking like they are worth their deals now, and we have a couple of unexpected players stepping up huge and looking like good rotation pieces (I say unexpected, but I've come to expect this organization to develop rotation ready players every season).

Comment

I can see us heading towards the narrative from where we were targeting Giannis to one where we had to pony up too much for Pascal, Freddy, OG, now Norm and soon Boucher that we can't afford an elite guy
          Who you tryna save cap space for? In 25 years our biggest signings are demarre Carroll and a 90 year old olajuwan.

theres 1 path back to contender for this team: let this best trader in the nba find his big trade.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

LMAO, my goodness I will never understand how some of you get out of bed each morning with such a bleak outlook on things. You might be !00% right but geesh, it can't be healthy to always look for the negative in things. Keep your heads up guys, we're seeing a lot more positives from this roster than we did to start the season where all the new contracts of consequence looked terrible. All the guys that matter are looking like they are worth their deals now, and we have a couple of unexpected players stepping up huge and looking like good rotation pieces (I say unexpected, but I've come to expect this organization to develop rotation ready players every season).
            The rolls eyes emoji still represents something?
            I haven't had a negative day in my life, I live a charmed one lol

Sarcasm, attempt at humour, yes.

But this franchise and a lot of its fans needs to move off the "just happy to have a franchise/be competitive" mode; we left that behind two years ago.

Great city, lots of dough re me, top notch Management and Coach (some would say best in the NBA)
            So why should we be content with going back to just competitive and really, no realistic shot unless a few others teams have injuries or inexplicably crater?

We have every ingredient here to challenge for the Finals year after year. Except elite players that want to play/stay here.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Who you tryna save cap space for? In 25 years our biggest signings are demarre Carroll and a 90 year old olajuwan.

theres 1 path back to contender for this team: let this best trader in the nba find his big trade.
              Yah I don't see any need to hold cap space for some fictitious FA who's not coming here any longer. But we're going down the path where we pay a ton of dough to OK/good/mid lower than elite tier players and basically cap ourselves out without really being able to compete against elite 2/3 headed monsters.

The good news is that many of the elite or near elite players in the NBA are getting older - lebron 36, Durant 32, Harden 31
              But if they stay healthy Kawhi is only 29 and PG 30. Anthony Davis is only 27 and will definitely attract another elite when lebron retires. They'll eventually find someone to team with Giannis who is only 26 and like Embiid 26, younger than Siakam. And a ton of great young players on the way up....

A team full of well paid Robin's doesn't often beat Batman.

Comment

Yah I don't see any need to hold cap space for some fictitious FA who's not coming here any longer. But we're going down the path where we pay a ton of dough to OK/good/mid lower than elite tier players and basically cap ourselves out without really being able to compete against elite 2/3 headed monsters.

The good news is that many of the elite or near elite players in the NBA are getting older - lebron 36, Durant 32, Harden 31
                But if they stay healthy Kawhi is only 29 and PG 30. Anthony Davis is only 27 and will definitely attract another elite when lebron retires. They'll eventually find someone to team with Giannis who is only 26 and like Embiid 26, younger than Siakam. And a ton of great young players on the way up....

A team full of well paid Robin's doesn't often beat Batman.
                I agree completely, which is why I say the second sentence I said. The Batman can only come via trade
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

When have other teams had to pay a premium to pry players away from Toronto? It's more us paying the premium to keep them here .... or watching them walk.
                  I don't really buy this narrative, we've had several years now of many of the Raptors best players deciding to or wanting to stay in Toronto, nearly all on reasonable deals, some without even taking meetings with other teams. A number of guys they've traded the past 5-7 years have been disappointed to be traded out of Toronto. But the high profile guys leaving - Kawhi, Bosh, Vince - those understandably set the tone and establish a narrative that any number of Kyle, DeMar, JV, FVV, Siakam, etc. re-signings just can't shake.

PJ Tucker turned down more money from Toronto but that's the only one I can really think of. Other previous overpays were just bad management. When has Masai overpaid to keep talent?

Biyombo definitely cashed in on his Toronto performance, hard to find another example with a salary bump like his but there have been plenty of other role player FA's that the Raptors just let walk rather than overpaying to keep. Mind you every team runs into some of this stuff, it's not all unique to the team we're following.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

But the high profile guys leaving - Kawhi, Bosh, Vince - those understandably set the tone and establish a narrative that any number of Kyle, DeMar, JV, FVV, Siakam, etc. re-signings just can't shake.
                    Becuase the high profile guys like Kawhi Bosh and Vince (you forgot McGrady) are a magnitude of order better than Kyle (when he re-signed), DeMar, JV, FVV and Siakam lol. So yah, it's hard to shake elite guys turning their back on your franchise.

And Kyle was seen as a pretty decent over pay at the time, since his rep was still as a playoff choker at the time. We still had ot pay him 30M a year to hang around.

So where is your evidence of other teams paying a premium to lure players away from Toronto?

Comment

The rolls eyes emoji still represents something?
                      I haven't had a negative day in my life, I live a charmed one lol

Sarcasm, attempt at humour, yes.

But this franchise and a lot of its fans needs to move off the "just happy to have a franchise/be competitive" mode; we left that behind two years ago.

Great city, lots of dough re me, top notch Management and Coach (some would say best in the NBA)
                      So why should we be content with going back to just competitive and really, no realistic shot unless a few others teams have injuries or inexplicably crater?

We have every ingredient here to challenge for the Finals year after year. Except elite players that want to play/stay here.
                      There is a difference between having high expectations and being realistic. If you think that this or any NBA team, even a hotbed for free agents like the Lakers, can compete for the Finals year after year then I fear the issue might be the part about being realistic.

Comment

• We already have 3 elite guys, its just that none of them are elite scorers. Pascal and fred are elite two way players and OG is an elite defender. And keon is right, trade is the way to go and we have to play above the cap to land that elite scorer. Giannis is not an elite scorer, but if you can add him via trade, for example, to pascal, OG, and fred we would have 4 elite defensive players, 3 of which can get you 20-25ppg or more. We probably wouldnt need an elite scorer, and that would be the scariest defensive foursome in the league by a country mile.

Comment

Becuase the high profile guys like Kawhi Bosh and Vince (you forgot McGrady) are a magnitude of order better than Kyle (when he re-signed), DeMar, JV, FVV and Siakam lol. So yah, it's hard to shake elite guys turning their back on your franchise.

And Kyle was seen as a pretty decent over pay at the time, since his rep was still as a playoff choker at the time. We still had ot pay him 30M a year to hang around.

So where is your evidence of other teams paying a premium to lure players away from Toronto?
                          Relevant and interesting - the Raptors are a middling organization in terms of turning payroll into wins over the life of the org, but I'd put good money on them scoring in the top 1/3 of the league over the past 5-7 seasons: http://harvardsportsanalysis.org/202...test-spenders/
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Given his best season to date, I'm wondering what type of contract he can get as a free agent?

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post
                              Given his best season to date, I'm wondering what type of contract he can get as a free agent?
                              My over/under is $20M on a 3 year deal?

Comment

• Norm is on the brink of getting traded.

Comment

Working...
                                X