Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saints91 wrote: View Post
    It will be hard to see Powell go, this is the best he’s ever played, maybe now is the right time to maximize the return. It’s the end of an era 😔
    Yeah I'm fie in seeing Kyle move on, it's just time. But I was hoping they'd hang on to Powell, we put all the patience in and I'm afraid some other team gets most of the reward. It's hard to find 20 PPG starters.

Comment

• I'm actually okay with Norm going.. I'd rather give the $20M to a starting caliber center than to a guard that can shoot/score but not do anything else. Especially since his market value seems high.. I mean he's going to be the bell of the ball during the trade deadline due to his salary, production, and age.

Hopefully whatever pick or prospect we get from Norm will turn into a player as good as he was.

Comment

• The Hawks, Warriors and Knicks are the perfect trading partner for Powell.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
          felt they should've drafted Dakari but whatever. seems like a pretty active defender.
          who?

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            I'm actually okay with Norm going.. I'd rather give the $20M to a starting caliber center than to a guard that can shoot/score but not do anything else. Especially since his market value seems high.. I mean he's going to be the bell of the ball during the trade deadline due to his salary, production, and age.

Hopefully whatever pick or prospect we get from Norm will turn into a player as good as he was.
            Not picking on you Mars but if what we can hope is that "whatever pick or prospect we get from Norm will turn into a player as good as he was", then why not keep him in the first place and know we have that rather than hoping?

Norm is 22ppg starter, that can shoot from 3 at a high clip, slash to rim quickly with an explosive second step, and has shown to be a good passer with flashes of playmaking and much improved decision making this year. Not an uber defender, but certainly hasn't been a liability there either (like Derozan used to be). He actually got better this year at leveraging his length and athleticism on that end too. Started generating quite a bit of gravity this year, which helped grease our offence.

So I don't know what else we'd want from him when we say "oh what else can he do?". We have enough hard hat players that "do the little things and bring untangibles". We need bucket getters, and Norm is one of them. That's why there's a dozen teams looking for him, So if we're parting with him I sure hope it's for a good package for the future that will surpasse his production, as he's also only 28.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

Not picking on you Mars but if what we can hope is that "whatever pick or prospect we get from Norm will turn into a player as good as he was", then why not keep him in the first place and know we have that rather than hoping?

Norm is 22ppg starter, that can shoot from 3 at a high clip, slash to rim quickly with an explosive second step, and has shown to be a good passer with flashes of playmaking and much improved decision making this year. Not an uber defender, but certainly hasn't been a liability there either (like Derozan used to be). He actually got better this year at leveraging his length and athleticism on that end too. Started generating quite a bit of gravity this year, which helped grease our offence.

So I don't know what else we'd want from him when we say "oh what else can he do?". We have enough hard hat players that "do the little things and bring untangibles". We need bucket getters, and Norm is one of them. That's why there's a dozen teams looking for him, So if we're parting with him I sure hope it's for a good package for the future that will surpasse his production, as he's also only 28.
              I understand what you are saying.. he's our only consistent offensive producer. But the problem is we are missing a very important piece, and one that's more important than even Norm's scoring ability. And that's a starting caliber center.

We keep Norm, all our tradeable contracts are gone (unless we are okay to move Pascal, Fred or OG). We'll only have the mid level exception, which can get you a Tristan Thompson or Aron Baynes level center (gross). Or use the draft which means bypassing BPA and going for a center.. but also hoping they develop faster than usual (centers take forever to develop).

Kyle is not bringing back a center since his market is very small.

Norm has a huge market. Half the league wants him. He's our best asset to get back a center. Maybe Boucher can but Boucher is already playing that position (and is out of position doing it).

Comment

• Starting caliber center is too vague of a need. We need a defensive anchor who can rebound. Preferable young. But who is that? I can't think of many names. Maybe Holmes from Sac? Collins from Hawks? Gorgui Dieng?
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                  Starting caliber center is too vague of a need. We need a defensive anchor who can rebound. Preferable young. But who is that? I can't think of many names. Maybe Holmes from Sac? Collins from Hawks? Gorgui Dieng?
                  well

The Toronto Raptors and Charlotte Hornets appear eager to improve up the middle ahead of the NBA's March 25 trade deadline.

Both teams are among several clubs that have expressed interest in Sacramento Kings center Richaun Holmes, sources told The Athletic's Shams Charania.
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

well
                    I thought Holmes was 6'8, but he's 6'10. Sort of changes everything

Comment

Yeah, but if we bring Norm back, where does that actually get us with our so-called "core"? We're not winning anything until Harden & Durant decline and that's at least 3-4 years away. I'd rather flip Norm for picks, continue our tank momentum this season, and use those assets to trade up for a shot at drafting a legit franchise superstar. After you have the first legit superstar in place, you can attract other stars. Sorry, but I think we need to start looking at the long game here.

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post

I thought Holmes was 6'8, but he's 6'10. Sort of changes everything
                        I don't know much about Holmes either, he's a scrappy, energetic big that's improving every year, that's about it. But when you read about our interest on the Sac Kings subreddit, they seem to really value him. Its maybe not a hugely exciting pickup but it sure as hell would give this core a boost and could be a very impactful acquisition
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          Starting caliber center is too vague of a need. We need a defensive anchor who can rebound. Preferable young. But who is that? I can't think of many names. Maybe Holmes from Sac? Collins from Hawks? Gorgui Dieng?
                          I like Holmes.. but we need cap space for him. Trading for him won't help since he only has early bird rights, and from what I read the most you can offer with early bird rights is $10.5M. A team with cap space can sign him for more and then you lose him.

So might as well trade Norm for something else, get the cap space, and sign him outright. But we'd have to lose Kyle too which depends on his market.

Would the Knicks trade Mitchell for Norm? That's a potential option if the Knicks are willing.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yeah, but if we bring Norm back, where does that actually get us with our so-called "core"? We're not winning anything until Harden & Durant decline and that's at least 3-4 years away. I'd rather flip Norm for picks, continue our tank momentum this season, and use those assets to trade up for a shot at drafting a legit franchise superstar. After you have the first legit superstar in place, you can attract other stars. Sorry, but I think we need to start looking at the long game here.
                            That's right I'd prefer that too - I'd rather have future value than present value at this juncture, so we can have a cleaner rebuild. If that's the vision, I'm game. The thing is, as good as Norm has been, he's likely not the player that's going to bring a package of picks to help your future. That's the Lowry trade. My concern with a Norm trade is it being a lateral or downward move (out of desperation for a C), that neither help us finish the tank now nor meaningfully impact the future.

But hey, if the hype around Norm is real, who knows, he might actually bring picks, and if so let's pull the trigger.

Ultimately, I'd rather not try to fix the C situation with a potential Norm & Lowry trade tbh . If we're truly moving them, get the best combination of future value as possible, and finish the tank on this write off season now, rather than trying to finagle a C out of some other team. Fill the pantry first, then organize it later based on positional need.

Comment

That's right I'd prefer that too - I'd rather have future value than present value at this juncture, so we can have a cleaner rebuild. If that's the vision, I'm game. The thing is, as good as Norm has been, he's likely not the player that's going to bring a package of picks to help your future. That's the Lowry trade. My concern with a Norm trade is it being a lateral or downward move (out of desperation for a C), that neither help us finish the tank now nor meaningfully impact the future.

But hey, if the hype around Norm is real, who knows, he might actually bring picks, and if so let's pull the trigger.

Ultimately, I'd rather not try to fix the C situation with a potential Norm & Lowry trade tbh . If we're truly moving them, get the best combination of future value as possible, and finish the tank on this write off season now, rather than trying to finagle a C out of some other team. Fill the pantry first, then organize it later based on positional need.
                              Yeah, if we trade Norm for Richuan Holmes, I'm going to have a fit. Maybe getting Bagley back could sooth that.... a little bit ...... maybe.

Comment

• Wait, why is Masai not re-signing Norm again?

Comment

Working...
                                X