No announcement yet.

Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He did a lot to stay ready, so many times he had to ride the pine waiting for his chance. He's earned a chance to actually start regularly. That said, I don't think he will be exactly what portland thinks, with two ball hogs on the roster, he may not get as many shots as expected. He also might not enjoy the lack of defense after it being pounded into his head for many years.
    I'd be surprised if he resigns with portland, maybe we can just have him back, lol.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
      I was calling for norm to get traded for awhile now but its hard to disount his impact to the we the north era. He saved the derozan lowry teams twice. Once vs the pacers and then against the bucks and was also a big part in beating milwuakke to make the finals. When we look back his best game came in the biggest moments but glad we cashed in at the peak value and didnt have to hand out the big contract. In the grand scheme of raptors teams he will always be in our history as mostly a positive force
      Hard to say; we could be missing out on the next 3 years of peak value too. He's one of our only reliable threats to drive without being stripped (Pascal) or stuffed (Freddy)

Comment

• He was a true professional. In every sense of the word. No complaints, no pouting, no temper tantrums.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

That was about 10,000 Keon posts ago. Way too deep lol.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
            I was calling for norm to get traded for awhile now but its hard to disount his impact to the we the north era. He saved the derozan lowry teams twice. Once vs the pacers and then against the bucks and was also a big part in beating milwuakke to make the finals. When we look back his best game came in the biggest moments but glad we cashed in at the peak value and didnt have to hand out the big contract. In the grand scheme of raptors teams he will always be in our history as mostly a positive force
            Lol dude, a return of trent and hood doesnt represent peak value. We traded Norms prime for a still developing player who also needs to be paid and a guy with no future here. Trent looks alright I'll admit, and he may well end up better than norm, but peak value for norm is still in the future. If the goal was to extract peak value from norm, we would have resigned him in the offseason, continued to start him and trade him during his next contract. We would get more for a great player in his prime with term than an expiring player entering his prime and expecting a big raise.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post

Lol dude, a return of trent and hood doesnt represent peak value. We traded Norms prime for a still developing player who also needs to be paid and a guy with no future here. Trent looks alright I'll admit, and he may well end up better than norm, but peak value for norm is still in the future. If the goal was to extract peak value from norm, we would have resigned him in the offseason, continued to start him and trade him during his next contract. We would get more for a great player in his prime with term than an expiring player entering his prime and expecting a big raise.
              If Norm was a great player that argument would make sense.

But you re-sign Norm and he sees any regression in his shooting and suddenly he’s not just dipping in value, he is hard to move. Not sure how “expecting a big raise” and “already locked into a big raise” are significantly different in terms of value.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Well trading players in their prime to guard against regression instead of signing good players in their prime hoping they stay good and perhaps get even better doesn't seem like a recipe for championships; it's a recipe for player development for other elite teams.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                  Well trading players in their prime to guard against regression instead of signing good players in their prime hoping they stay good and perhaps get even better doesn't seem like a recipe for championships; it's a recipe for player development for other elite teams.
                  Yeah, the Raptors haven’t signed any other good players in their primes lately, have they? Just trading them away left and right. I wish Fred, Pascal and OG all the best on their new teams. Worrying trend here.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Yeah, the Raptors haven’t signed any other good players in their primes lately, have they? Just trading them away left and right. I wish Fred, Pascal and OG all the best on their new teams. Worrying trend here.
                    You made an assumption that a player would regress vs taking an assumption that (in his prime) he might stay the same or even improve. You answered with nothing to do with what I replied except throw a straw man in the ring.

They didn't trade Norm because they're afraid of regression, they traded him because he's due a big raise based on hat every team thinks he will bring next year. If he had another year left at 11M I doubt he'd be traded yesterday

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

You made an assumption that a player would regress vs taking an assumption that (in his prime) he might stay the same or even improve. You answered with nothing to do with what I replied except throw a straw man in the ring.

They didn't trade Norm because they're afraid of regression, they traded him because he's due a big raise based on hat every team thinks he will bring next year. If he had another year left at 11M I doubt he'd be traded yesterday
                      They traded Norm for the same reason he should have been traded. He will likely be paid more this summer than he is worth, or will be worth during his deal. And you can’t pay a guy that much and then be free of the risks associated with any regression in his game. There is every reason to think Norm might not be able to maintain his performance. If he was going to maintain his performance there’s no reason to trade him now because you can just sign him and then trade him later, probably for a bigger return. The problem is that he might not be (read: probably won’t be) worth it.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post

How norm is playing right now on a 11 million dollar contract is going to be his peak value as an NBA asset. How he may be playing next year on a 20 dollar contract he would have to take another step to reach his value he had yesterday. Dont forget it wasnt to long ago we were talking about attaching picks to get him out. Bow we are getting a young dude a franchise was very high on in return
                        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• So we will see Norm again ...... in the very next game on Sunday.

Comment

• 0-1 without Norm
                            0-1 with Lowry post Norm

Comment

• Who else is watching Norm. Game high 22. Let's go.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                                Who else is watching Norm. Game high 22. Let's go.
                                Blazers fans are already trying to figure out what McCollum can get them in a trade.

edit: Raps have a bunch of shitty players but our top guys are way underrated.

Comment

Working...
                                X