Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joey wrote: View Post
    Powell displays a really nice shot in this pre-draft workout video:

Virtually ZERO left hand though, from what I can see.
    This was a small concern of mine watching his college highlights. I never paid that much attention to him when I watched UCLA a few time the last couple years, but his highlight tapes show him to be pretty right hand dominant.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
      Ready for this season. The Mississauga Raptors905 (unfortunate name I know). They dissolved the Mississauga Power and the Raptors took over the basketball lease.
      Perfect! Not the name of course lol
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
        I think it will start to pay us dividends immediately.

1.) Guys can play themselves back into game shape post injury without hurting the team

2.) There will be 15 guys including 3 to 5 of our actual contracted guys who will be steeped in our culture and system.

3.) Someone like Bruno will now have the possibility of playing 1500 minutes of meaningful basketball

This is all kinds of win and helps not just tomorrow but today
        Also, being in the same city, the appeal (for 2nd rounders especially) to play for the D-league team over Europe is much higher than if the D-league is off somewhere else. You get to have a connection with the franchise, fans, and teammates, and access to training staff and facilities (I presume). Guys like Powell and Daniels can be part of the team, even if they don't make the roster this year.

Comment

Dudes an athletic freak

He's definitely gonna throw down some crazy dunks during Summer league.
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
            This was a small concern of mine watching his college highlights. I never paid that much attention to him when I watched UCLA a few time the last couple years, but his highlight tapes show him to be pretty right hand dominant.
            Ya, in the entire workout he essentially dribbles with his left once, and that just happens to be the only time he manages to fumble the ball.

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
              Dudes an athletic freak

He's definitely gonna throw down some crazy dunks during Summer league.
              Dunk Contest participant in front of the Home Town fans for All-Star weekend?

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                Also, being in the same city, the appeal (for 2nd rounders especially) to play for the D-league team over Europe is much higher than if the D-league is off somewhere else. You get to have a connection with the franchise, fans, and teammates, and access to training staff and facilities (I presume). Guys like Powell and Daniels can be part of the team, even if they don't make the roster this year.
                Yeah I suppose living in Toronto would be better than Rochester. A little bit.
                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

from that video I watched I can tell he has a hitch in his shot just before he flicks his wrist. That loading phase (or whatever you shooting coaches call it) will limit his range and negates any lift he would get from the jump. The energy stops there instead of at the finger tips. I haven't looked at his 3pt stats but they likely aren't good ( I could be wrong ...it happens)
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

31% from the college 3...so it would appear it's salvageable.
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

^he shoots on the way down which causes the hitch

By quickening up the shot that should work out a bit...he did shoot something like 48% from three for the first half of the college season so he can get hot

Comment

Do people think he'll make the team this season? I'd expect Masai to take immediate advantage of the 905s by developing Daniels and Powell without using roster spots or starting their 2nd-round contracts.

Comment

I watched Gonzaga beat UCLA twice this last season but I must be losing it because I had no recollections of Norm even though he managed to get into double figures in both games (I just checked out the box scores). Other Bruins are familiar to me such as Looney, Alford, and Parker but Norm who?

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post

By quickening up the shot that should work out a bit...he did shoot something like 48% from three for the first half of the college season so he can get hot
                            Hitch looks more noticeable on his 3. Mid-range looks pretty smooth. He should be alright, don't think that alone would be what keeps him from the league.
                            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post

people with bad mechanics often get hot but it is usually the reason for the inconsistency

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                                Hitch looks more noticeable on his 3. Mid-range looks pretty smooth. He should be alright, don't think that alone would be what keeps him from the league.
                                oh god no... he's got quite a few NBA skills. It was just something I noticed while watching the vdeo

Comment

Working...
                                X