Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snooch wrote: View Post
    I think skill wise he is ahead of Demar coming into the league.

His defense is far superior
    He has a better form on his shot
    He is a better ballhandler

he isnt as athletic
    I've never thought of DeMar as very athletic. He's not quick or explosive, he's just a good jumper with decent sprint speed. I'd say that's above average.

I haven't watched too much summer league, so I don't know how Powell would compare.

Comment

Powell for ROY. I wonder what kind of odds Vegas would give on that.

Comment

i'll readily admit that while i was calling for Wright to get drafted and pleased when he was i was disappointed when Powell was taken in the second.

dude's been awesome though. it's his defense, out the gate that's been the most impressive. his lateral footspeed and wingspan make for a good defender in this league. add the fact he's got a lightning quick first step and can get to the line and you've got a guy that can be a great defender, but also not totally useless on defense. have the raps FINALLY found a good player in the second round?
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

anyways, in my soul i think i'm ready to pass the gary forbes torch to powell. too much to love.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

http://www.gfycat.com/FirmBlackandwhiteCottonmouth

that feetwork
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
              Yep.

Perhaps demar Derozan should lace um up and plays a few minutes against these scrubs....maybe he'd get a steal or two and score 20 as well.....

or maybe, he'd have a out 9 steals and likely 40 points.
              Dont worry, i am sure he will play the drew league.

And post thousands if selfies of himself atvthe gyn

Comment

there needs to be a Derozan rules on this forum imo.
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Note the age difference of each player entering the league.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
                  what is it 2-3 years or something isnt it?

that is why we got him in the second round.

He is a solid kid, and I think can be an important part ona winning team with that defense of his.

He tightens the screws a little more on his jumper and he will be fantastic add.

Comment

Snooch wrote: View Post
                    what is it 2-3 years or something isnt it?

that is why we got him in the second round.

He is a solid kid, and I think can be an important part ona winning team with that defense of his.

He tightens the screws a little more on his jumper and he will be fantastic add.
                    I agree. I'm just suggesting we not get too excited and also remember the developmental phase of DeRozan when entering the league. If DeRozan stayed in college until his senior year he'd still be a 1st round pick.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                      It is always difficult comparing players but Tony Allen is a nice comparison in my opinion.

Very similar frames.
                      Same age entering the league.
                      Similar college numbers.

I think Powell has an edge on offense whereas Allen had an edge on D - again coming into the league.

Will be interesting to watch his development. Finding even a rotational player in the 2nd round is a huge coup.
                      If he could maintain similar production on the big stage defense wise, and maintain close to his shooting numbers as the summer league, he is gonna be a great addition and a solid pickup with Demars future in question

Comment

• if Powell could add a reliable 3 point shot to his game he'd be on the active roster and you know Casey would play the shit out of him
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          I agree. I'm just suggesting we not get too excited and also remember the developmental phase of DeRozan when entering the league. If DeRozan stayed in college until his senior year he'd still be a 1st round pick.

thats hard to say,Look at powel, people see 23 as old coming out of college. And it hurts one stock. But 2013 was a pretty crappy draft. soo sure.

Comment

• wow!
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                              if Powell could add a reliable 3 point shot to his game he'd be on the active roster and you know Casey would play the shit out of him
                              If he can produce the way he is now in the NBA, then Demar will be traded.

Comment

• If he can do that on the big court.....damn

Comment

Working...
                                X