Clear All

• Powell just turned 22 in May.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
      Powell just turned 22 in May.
      Super young senior.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Finally a second round gem to call our own!!!

Screw you Monta, Draymond, and Manu.

Comment

• Just looking at this guy's hustle and effort level makes me angry at Ross.

Comment

• oseebhai wrote: View Post
            Just looking at this guy's hustle and effort level makes me angry at Ross.
            come one now, Ross plays hard.

Just cause he isnt able to do the things fans hoped or coaching tried to get him to do doesnt mean he doesnt try.

Ross guarded opposing pgs-sf. and well for most of the season, up until his ankle got messed up

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
              He reminds me of a Demar Derozan but with better defense.
              Apollo wrote: View Post
              If this keeps this up there is no way he doesn't make the team. I'm trying not to be excited here but I like everything about this pick so far.
              Snooch wrote: View Post
              I think skill wise he is ahead of Demar coming into the league.

His defense is far superior
              He has a better form on his shot
              He is a better ballhandler

he isnt as athletic
              ceez wrote: View Post
              anyways, in my soul i think i'm ready to pass the gary forbes torch to powell. too much to love.
              GLF wrote: View Post
              wow!
              Snooch wrote: View Post
              If he can do that on the big court.....damn
              Nilanka wrote: View Post
              Finally a second round gem to call our own!!!

Screw you Monta, Draymond, and Manu.
              oseebhai wrote: View Post
              Just looking at this guy's hustle and effort level makes me angry at Ross.

All aboard the Norman Powell train! Choo-Choo!
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Its summer league. Norman Powell could be the next Jerryd Bayless but a little bigger. If Norman Powell makes the the team the person who should be worried is Terrence Ross.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Ridiculous lateral quickness lol
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    Its summer league. Norman Powell could be the next Jerryd Bayless but a little bigger. If Norman Powell makes the the team the person who should be worried is Terrence Ross.
                    Bayless was a 1st round lottery pick (11th overall). I'd gladly take that outcome for #46 overall.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post

Just cause he isnt able to do the things fans hoped or coaching tried to get him to do doesnt mean he doesnt try.

Ross guarded opposing pgs-sf. and well for most of the season, up until his ankle got messed up
                      Ross did NOT guard well most of the season. Or the previous season. Over and above the eye test, take a look at his RPM defensive numbers. Out of 85 SF's Ross finished 85th, and it wasn't even close. He was in the bottom 10% the previous season as well. And he doesn't even have the excuse of guys like DD or Lowry who expend a ton of energy at the offensive end.
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                        Bayless was a 1st round lottery pick (11th overall). I'd gladly take that outcome for #46 overall.
                        Agreed.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          Its summer league. Norman Powell could be the next Jerryd Bayless but a little bigger. If Norman Powell makes the the team the person who should be worried is Terrence Ross.
                          terrence has nothing to worry about at all. A certain soon to be ridiculously overpriced, net negative producing, poor defensive, poor shooting shooting guard should possibly be though.

Trade season is still open until February.....

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post

Really? I disagree. He was slow on D, afraid of contact, and showed little hustle.

Powell may not amount to much, but I'm fairly sure he drove hard to the basket through defenders more than Ross has in his Raps career (might be a slight exaggeration).

Comment

• Powell is a superior athlete than DD.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Bayless is a poor comparison

i see him more as a poor man's Tony Allen like Matt said or a KJ Daniels with more upside
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X