• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still go with Avery Bradley as his comparison
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
      Ross did NOT guard well most of the season. Or the previous season. Over and above the eye test, take a look at his RPM defensive numbers. Out of 85 SF's Ross finished 85th, and it wasn't even close. He was in the bottom 10% the previous season as well. And he doesn't even have the excuse of guys like DD or Lowry who expend a ton of energy at the offensive end.
      I dont put any stock in plus minus.

LAst season was Ross' worst by far. Bone spurs probably didnt help. But his Defensive Rating was 110.

He scored a 110 defensive rating,
      Luol Deng was a 109.
      Harris was 108
      Wiggins was 114

Comment

• oseebhai wrote: View Post
        Really? I disagree. He was slow on D, afraid of contact, and showed little hustle.

Powell may not amount to much, but I'm fairly sure he drove hard to the basket through defenders more than Ross has in his Raps career (might be a slight exaggeration).
        If you asked Masai who he'd rather between Ross and Dd. He would first laugh and than ask you if you were being serious. Than he would pick DD.

I don't want to hate on Ross cause I still believe in his talent but, its obvious that DD has more of an impact on winning compared to Ross.

Ross should be worried. If Powell can become a reliable shooter. What does he do better than Powell?
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
          I still go with Avery Bradley as his comparison
          that's a decent one too. bradley took a while to be a consistent shooter.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            If you asked Masai who he'd rather between Ross and Dd. He would first laugh and than ask you if you were being serious. Than he would pick DD.

I don't want to hate on Ross cause I still believe in his talent but, its obvious that DD has more of an impact on winning compared to Ross.

Ross should be worried. If Powell can become a reliable shooter. What does he do better than Powell?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...advanced::none

Neither one has much to write home about, that link is to advanced stat comparison between the two based on their careers to date.

But it is hard to compare one to the other, because Demar has been given everything to succeed at his postion, and Terrence has been forced out of his natural role and position since he entered the league.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
              that's a decent one too. bradley took a while to be a consistent shooter.
              Powells already got a better form on his jumper than Bradley had entering the league in his 2nd year.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post

LAst season was Ross' worst by far. Bone spurs probably didnt help. But his Defensive Rating was 110.

Luol Deng was a 109.
                Harris was 108
                Wiggins was 114
                110 is a terrible defensive rating. Not sure if you were making that point, or suggesting it was decent.

Comment

• Robert Pack meets Raja Bell
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    I still go with Avery Bradley as his comparison
                    That's exactly the player I thought of

Comment

Luol Deng was a 109.
                      Harris was 108
                      Wiggins was 114
                      You don't put stock in RPM, but use a stat that has Hansbrough and his 132 ORTG as our best offensive player last year. RPM isn't perfect by any means, but it confirms my eye test a lot more than other so called advanced stats.
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                        110 is a terrible defensive rating. Not sure if you were making that point, or suggesting it was decent.
                        making a point, it isnt great at all, I agree, downright brutal.

But alot of poster clamouring for the replacement of Ross at all costs where once looking at deng or harris as replacements.

I think Ross is fine in a different role.

Perhaps a starting SG, probably backup sg, would liove to see what he can do beside a pg like Cujo, and a 3D like Carrol personally.

I would still love to trade Demar for Favors and let ross start

Comment

• fgm fga fg%3pm 3pa 3pt%ftm fta ft%reb ast stl blk to pf pts
                          7.25 12.5 56.35% 0.5 1.25 16.67% 6 9.5 59.29% 4.5 1.5 0.5 0.25 1 2.5 21

fgm fga fg% 3pm 3pa 3pt% ftm fta ft% reb ast stl blk to pf pts
                          7.33 12.33 60.20% 0.67 1.67 50.00% 4 5.33 77.78% 4.33 0.67 1.67 1.33 2.33 3.00 19.33

Can you guess who is who???

Comment

fgm fga fg%3pm 3pa 3pt%ftm fta ft%reb ast stl blk to pf pts

7.33 12.33 60.20% 0.67 1.67 50.00% 4 5.33 77.78% 4.33 0.67 1.67 1.33 2.33 3.00 19.33

Second is Powell

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                              Second is Powell
                              the first is Rory Calhoun?

Comment

fgm fga fg%3pm 3pa 3pt%ftm fta ft%reb ast stl blk to pf pts

Something wrong with your percentages.

But the first is DeRozan's second year in Summer League and the second is Powell's summer league thus far.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X