Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WJF wrote: View Post
    Every player and I mean EVERY PLAYER in the NBA has weaknesses, we can all find stats to make a case for any argument we want to have. We need to look at a player for who they are, not who they are not.

Normal Powell is a high motor, superior athlete, strong defending, attacking, poor 3 point shooting, no teammate offense creating shooting guard. I will be happy with him as a 5th/6th guard on the roster.
    Raptor just drafted him in the second round. He isn't a finished player. A season of development in the D-league can't hurt especially with Wright the #1 pick

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
      Tunnel vision and head down means the same thing. Once he goes into drive mode he doesn't see anything but the rim.
      no, head down means head down.

Tunell vision is something entirely different.

And I can show you thousands of clips of NBA players who, once they pick that ball up and start their two step attack, that look straight at that rim. Its kind of how it works. Unless you are Nash or Lebron, once the ball gets picked up with both hands thats it. Hell even Kobe and MJ in that position look straight to the rim and dont pass 99% of the time.

Comment

Raptor just drafted him in the second round. He isn't a finished player. A season of development in the D-league can't hurt especially with Wright the #1 pick
        Wright and Powell will both be on the team. learning to play from the nba guys and getting actual game time play.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
          no, head down means head down.

Tunell vision is something entirely different.

And I can show you thousands of clips of NBA players who, once they pick that ball up and start their two step attack, that look straight at that rim. Its kind of how it works. Unless you are Nash or Lebron, once the ball gets picked up with both hands thats it. Hell even Kobe and MJ in that position look straight to the rim and dont pass 99% of the time.
          Dribble head down and see how much of the court you see. Guys can dribble head up and not see or ignore open guys, Demar and JV. Ball handling isn't just about not drinking it off your feet, but dribbling while seeing the court

Comment

they were statistically almost identical to us during the regular season.
            Raptors were sub .500 after the ASG and Wiz were worse I think. Beal had a good playoff but he was really shitting the bed all season for long stretches

Comment

Wright and Powell will both be on the team. learning to play from the nba guys and getting actual game time play.
              Bruno and Bebe went through that and now Raptors have a D-league team. Games are better

Comment

Dribble head down and see how much of the court you see. Guys can dribble head up and not see or ignore open guys, Demar and JV. Ball handling isn't just about not drinking it off your feet, but dribbling while seeing the court
                Court vision is seeing the court.

Ball handling is ball handling

Head down is head down

And I dont think for one second that Demar cannot see JV on some of his drives. He chooses not to pass, or he has collected himself and committed.

You dont jump in the air not knowing if you are gonna shoot or pass.

You dont collect into you drive without knowing you are going to drive.

He is converting on a very high percentage, he isnt looking anyone off, and he isnt playing hero ball, and he isnt taking anything that the defenses have not been giving him

Comment

Raptors were sub .500 after the ASG and Wiz were worse I think. Beal had a good playoff but he was really shitting the bed all season for long stretches
                  we arent talking about beal, you said washington wasnt isnt that good of a team

Comment

I agree with this.....he will get time in the D-league to develop as a 2 guard.
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                      I agree with this.....he will get time in the D-league to develop as a 2 guard.
                      I think he makes the team.

We have roster spots available, unles we are only gonna keep a total of 10 guys available at all times.

Lowry/Cujo
                      ...../Ross
                      Carroll/JJ
                      Ppat/Scoula
                      JV/bebe?

Thats only 10 guys.

Wright and Powell dont need a year to develop in the dleague.

Comment

• Over/under 1 month into the season before Snooch is calling for Powell to start over DD?

Smfh.

Comment

And I'm Tupac reincarnated

Comment

We have roster spots available, unles we are only gonna keep a total of 10 guys available at all times.

Lowry/Cujo
                            ...../Ross
                            Carroll/JJ
                            Ppat/Scoula
                            JV/bebe?

Thats only 10 guys.

Add Biyombo to that list as well. Also, just because Powell, Wright, and Bruno all make the team, it does not mean that they won't see significant time on the D-league team. You can send one or two guys down for a week or two and rotate players back to the big club as needed.
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                              Over/under 1 month into the season before Snooch is calling for Powell to start over DD?

Smfh.
                              Bigf difference between sending a guy to dleague or keeping him up top.

Typical Demar fanboy, taking praise and defense of one player as a knock against their idol.

Comment

Lowry/Cujo/Wright
                                DD?...../Ross
                                Carroll/JJ/Bruno
                                Ppat/Scoula
                                JV/Biyombo/bebe?

Thats only 10 guys.

13 guys actually.

Comment

Working...
                                X