Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WJF wrote: View Post
    Add Biyombo to that list as well. Also, just because Powell, Wright, and Bruno all make the team, it does not mean that they won't see significant time on the D-league team. You can send one or two guys down for a week or two and rotate players back to the big club as needed.
    Wright is the third PG so he probably will see more time with the Raptors. Especially if Lowry misses any time due to injury. Doubt if Brumo or Powell sees NBA time even if Demar or Ross gets hurt

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
      Add Biyombo to that list as well. Also, just because Powell, Wright, and Bruno all make the team, it does not mean that they won't see significant time on the D-league team. You can send one or two guys down for a week or two and rote players back to the big club as needed.
      Forgot Biyombo. I thought there was another.

bebe should go down instead then.

I understand how the dleague works, but if you are going to keep your most polished players up and send the weakest down,

Bebe and Bruno are the weakest players, they need to go Dleague.

Wright and Powell are the most polished.

Perhaps can see Wright and Powell switched up throughout the year, but they will be on the end of the bench alot more than in the dleague.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
        Forgot Biyombo. I thought there was another.

bebe should go down instead then.

I understand how the dleague works, but if you are going to keep your most polished players up and send the weakest down,

Bebe and Bruno are the weakest players, they need to go Dleague.

Wright and Powell are the most polished.

Perhaps can see Wright and Powell switched up throughout the year, but they will be on the end of the bench alot more than in the dleague.
        Bebe is by far the most NBA ready

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
          I agree

Comment

Only way Lucas make the roster is if we go into season with only 4 bigmen.

Comment

It's a shame he's already on the roster.

Comment

Wright and Powell will both be on the team. learning to play from the nba guys and getting actual game time play.
                You mean garbage time? then yes i agree.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Only C on the roster is Biyombo and he is almost useless offensively. Bebe is either going to beat out Biyombo or he isn't an NBA player.

Comment

Only C on the roster is Biyombo and he is almost useless offensively. Bebe is either going to beat out Biyombo or he isn't an NBA player.
                    Only way he stays with the team and not spend the year in the dleague.

He is far to thin, and he is pretty poor offensively to get anything more than garbage time at most anyways. Which is what we are talking about with everyone,.

I can see a guy like Powell having more worth in the practices defending Demar and Ross helping them improve while improving himself, that Having Bebe gping against Biyombo or JV.

Scoula will Help JV alot offensively.

Comment

Only way he stays with the team and not spend the year in the dleague.

He is far to thin, and he is pretty poor offensively to get anything more than garbage time at most anyways. Which is what we are talking about with everyone,.

I can see a guy like Powell having more worth in the practices defending Demar and Ross helping them improve while improving himself, that Having Bebe gping against Biyombo or JV.

Scoula will Help JV alot offensively.
                      Politely disagree about Scola + JV. If anything Scola will take touches away from JV. Unless the offence gets much better at high-low play. Psycho wasn't a terrible passer and neither is 2Pats or Amir but they almost never passed to JV in the low post.

Comment

• Weird but Scola is the best offensive PF on the Raptors since Bosh

Comment

Politely disagree about Scola + JV. If anything Scola will take touches away from JV. Unless the offence gets much better at high-low play. Psycho wasn't a terrible passer and neither is 2Pats or Amir but they almost never passed to JV in the low post.
                          Im talking about practice time, as I said in the third sentense starting in
                          "I can see a guy like Powell having more worth in the practices defending Demar and Ross"

Comment

Im talking about practice time, as I said in the third sentense starting in
                            "I can see a guy like Powell having more worth in the practices defending Demar and Ross"
                            To develop Powell or Demar and Ross? Powell is probably NBA ready defensively now but other parts of his game offensively needs work. JJ is also a good person to play in practice for either

Comment

To develop Powell or Demar and Ross? Powell is probably NBA ready defensively now but other parts of his game offensively needs work. JJ is also a good person to play in practice for either
                              JJ practices against carrol, JJ is to big to defend either Demar or Ross.

The only problems with Powell offensively that can be fixed at this point in time is his shooting mechanics. and that happens not in Dleague games, but in gym time and with repetitions

If im a player, I want to be pushed constantly.

You want to get ross better? make him go against a tenacious defender everyday in practice.

Comment

JJ practices against carrol, JJ is to big to defend either Demar or Ross.

The only problems with Powell offensively that can be fixed at this point in time is his shooting mechanics. and that happens not in Dleague games, but in gym time and with repetitions

If im a player, I want to be pushed constantly.

You want to get ross better? make him go against a tenacious defender everyday in practice.
                                Most of the time Demar is guarded by bigger SF like JJ. Wiz used Porter instead of Beal. Longer, physical players bothers Demar more than smaller defender he can shoot over and draw fouls. Ross is a perimeter jump shooter that can elevate, defender either get to him in time or they don't.

Comment

Working...
                                X