Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Politely disagree about Scola + JV. If anything Scola will take touches away from JV. Unless the offence gets much better at high-low play. Psycho wasn't a terrible passer and neither is 2Pats or Amir but they almost never passed to JV in the low post.
    Scola AST% 11.0 career 11.3
    Hansbrough AST% 2.8 career 4.1
    Amir AST% 9.4 career 7.6
    PPat AST% 10.7 career 8.2

Scola will be the best passing PF JV has ever played with, and his offensive moves make it more likely the ball gets fed into the post to begin with, so I think we'll see Scola help JV out some on the offensive end.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
      Scola AST% 11.0 career 11.3
      Hansbrough AST% 2.8 career 4.1
      Amir AST% 9.4 career 7.6
      PPat AST% 10.7 career 8.2

Scola will be the best passing PF JV has ever played with, and his offensive moves make it more likely the ball gets fed into the post to begin with, so I think we'll see Scola help JV out some on the offensive end.
      The problem isnt Scola its the guy with the baseball cap perched on his head funny

Comment

Most of the time Demar is guarded by bigger SF like JJ. Wiz used Porter instead of Beal. Longer, physical players bothers Demar more than smaller defender he can shoot over and draw fouls. Ross is a perimeter jump shooter that can elevate, defender either get to him in time or they don't.
        This right here. Demar struggles mightily against length. Remember every time we played the Bucks he couldn't get shit off against Giannis.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
          This right here. Demar struggles mightily against length. Remember every time we played the Bucks he couldn't get shit off against Giannis.
          powell got like a 6'11" wingspan

thats pretty damn long

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
            powell got like a 6'11" wingspan

thats pretty damn long
            Guys like Porter and Giannis are tall and long. over 7' wingspans too plus the height.

Comment

• DD is better off practicing against JJ than he is Powell.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                DD is better off practicing against JJ than he is Powell.
                ^^ This

DD routinely gets shut down by longer and taller defenders. Playing vs JJ should help him the most.
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                  ^^ This

DD routinely gets shut down by longer and taller defenders. Playing vs JJ should help him the most.
                  Not sure how this is even an argument

Comment

DD is better off practicing against JJ than he is Powell.
                    well now DD has Carroll to practice against too. Who shut him down plenty of times for Atlanta too lool
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                      well now DD has Carroll to practice against too. Who shut him down plenty of times for Atlanta too lool
                      That helps too. Powell shouldn't even be a consideration to guard DD in practice.

Comment

That helps too. Powell shouldn't even be a consideration to guard DD in practice.
                        Powell would probably used to guard PG. the assigments Ross got before

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          And didn't DD become an allstar????

Meanwhile Powell plays D, rebounds, and has a tight handle....things DeRozan is unable to do consistently with 6 years under his belt.

So you're saying Powell is amazing and headed for great things is what I'm interpreting from your post.
                          It is hard to extrapolate summer league performance to regular season performance. We all hope Powell will be able to help big league squad but realistically he will be in D-legue this year barring injury. DD's summer league performance did translate into NBA success. Summer league is more about finding out who cannot play at the next level. An example would be Dwight Bucyks-looked pretty good in summer league but was a non-factor in limited minutes. I saw a bit of Lakers-Knicks game last night an Bucyks looked like a non factor.

Comment

• To me Powell almost makes Ross expandable -- way too early to say for sure... If he can develop a dependent 3, "Goodbye Terrance." That said, I want him in the D League getting game reps. Yes, gym time is important, but showing results in games with consistency without his ups and downs being a detriment to the main squad is just a important. Also, that allows the Raps to keep Ross until Powell is ready.

And DD is better off training against Carroll and JJ. That's pretty obvious to me.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                              To me Powell almost makes Ross expandable -- way too early to say for sure... If he can develop a dependent 3, "Goodbye Terrance." That said, I want him in the D League getting game reps. Yes, gym time is important, but showing results in games with consistency without his ups and downs being a detriment to the main squad is just a important. Also, that allows the Raps to keep Ross until Powell is ready.

And DD is better off training against Carroll and JJ. That's pretty obvious to me.
                              Powell guarding the opposing teams PG or smaller SG makes him becoming a combo guard more important. if he can handle PG, Raptors can play a bigger SG next to him

Comment

Powell guarding the opposing teams PG or smaller SG makes him becoming a combo guard more important. if he can handle PG, Raptors can play a bigger SG next to him
                                Even "combo guards", which are really just small shooting guards with solid ball-skills, spend most of their time at the 2. He would guard point guards the same way as Ross has - from the 2-spot with the PG taking the easier (shooting) guard. Who would we play next to him at the 2 - DeMar, Ross? Both seem like horrible ideas.

Just because Westbrook was able to make the leap to PG, doesn't mean every Bruin shooting guard prospect has to.

Comment

Working...
                                X