Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• oseebhai wrote: View Post
      Just looking at this guy's hustle and effort level makes me angry at Ross.
      this is great, I feel yea man.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

So, in Raptors managements eyes we essentially got 2 first round picks for Grevis Vasquez.... Masai, you're a genius.

But it's even better because although he might be 1st round talent, they onl have to pay him 2nd round salary.

Jackpot.
        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
        Because its 2015

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
          Tunnel vision and head down means the same thing. Once he goes into drive mode he doesn't see anything but the rim.
          fuck he must be way taller then I noticed if he is able to have his head down while looking at the rim.

Comment

• Day One wrote: View Post
            fuck he must be way taller then I noticed if he is able to have his head down while looking at the rim.
            he got blocked too a couple time vs Bulls. everyone knows when hes going to be charging in. right now guys backpedal eventually they wont once they realize hes going to the rim 100% then offensive charges start piling up. things look better when shots are falling and guys are diving out of the way

Comment

he got blocked too a couple time vs Bulls. everyone knows when hes going to be charging in. right now guys backpedal eventually they wont once they realize hes going to the rim 100% then offensive charges start piling up. things look better when shots are falling and guys are diving out of the way
              Except he is making jump shots right now so you have to play him honestly. Name one player who never gets blocked....

Do you talk out of your ass because you think you are right about things or do you do just for reactions, this is an honest question.
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I dont really understand what your saying, well actually I think I understand but it makes no sense. He is not known for having issues keeping his head up, the reason you were told to keep your head up while dribbling is because you need to see as much of the court as possible to maximize your best options at getting a hoop, if he drives to the net and beats his man and help side does not come in time the correct option is to take the shot (if the help does arrive then the correct option is to pass to the open man) you should not confuse the two and suggest he cannot pass when in reality he is simply beating his man off the dribble and excelling so fast that help side does not arrive in time. this should be praised not ridiculed. this is an assets. now say he was driving and constantly kept running into 2 men and forcing a shot up, then it would make sense to say he has tunnel vision.

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                  Except he is making jump shots right now so you have to play him honestly. Name one player who never gets blocked....

Do you talk out of your ass because you think you are right about things or do you do just for reactions, this is an honest question.
                  how many charges does Lowry pick up when guys go charging in head down. Powell can pull up but when he is deteremined to get to the rim its pretty obvious. its why Wright is more NBA ready now. he can step into contact forcing a foul but Powell is just taking advantage of poor defense.

Comment

its not that far off. training camp starts and then guys who played well in Summer League are not NBA ready. it happens every year. guys who dominate in the Summer now are forcing contested 2 against NBA defenses or picking up Offensive fouls on plays that worked a couple months ago. powell is good but he isnt ready and his aggressive play is part of the reason. he does know what he doesnt know

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                      So, in Raptors managements eyes we essentially got 2 first round picks for Grevis Vasquez.... Masai, you're a genius.

But it's even better because although he might be 1st round talent, they onl have to pay him 2nd round salary.

Jackpot.
                      one tier lower not next best player. if wright was gone they probably grab Portis. powell should have been taken late first early second not #20

Comment

one tier lower not next best player. if wright was gone they probably grab Portis. powell should have been taken late first early second not #20
                        They had Powell as a first round player on their board, maybe not at 21 but somewhere before 31. None said next best. You need to stop making shit up to try and further your arguments.
                        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

They had Powell as a first round player on their board, maybe not at 21 but somewhere before 31. None said next best. You need to stop making shit up to try and further your arguments.
                          This is why I blocked raptors999

If only I could block when quoted too...
                          Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                          Because its 2015

Comment

its not that far off. training camp starts and then guys who played well in Summer League are not NBA ready. it happens every year. guys who dominate in the Summer now are forcing contested 2 against NBA defenses or picking up Offensive fouls on plays that worked a couple months ago. powell is good but he isnt ready and his aggressive play is part of the reason. he does know what he doesnt know
                            I have never said that he is NBA ready, I have said that he should spend time in the D-league and I would be fine with him as our 6th guard on the team. Has anyone said he is better than Wright? Has anyone said he is going to duplicate what he is doing in summer league in the NBA?

He is a second round pick that is showing some potential and that is it. Stop trying to argue that he has so many issues to work on, every player has flaws.
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                              This is why I blocked raptors999

If only I could block when quoted too...
                              How do you block someone, he will be the first for me.
                              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

late first, the post said Powell was one tier lower. that isnt like 2 first round picks it is like an early second. read the posts

Comment

Working...
                                X