Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
    how the Raptor view Powell is only a couple months off. If they think he could challange DD or Ross then they got a first rounder. if they send him down to D-league they dont see him any better than Danials. then next year they evaluate DD, Ross and Powell. if they see apowell starting hes a great second if hes a bench guy a good second and if they send him to d-league hes just a typical second. there isnt any point speculating just wait and see
    Daniels probably won't make the team with this injury. The Raptors are going to want to get their rookies - Wright and Powell (and Bruno) - minutes out of the gate, and with the big team stacked with depth that's going to mean D-league minutes, 1st round or not.

The team is in Mississauga, it's not going to be viewed by the team as a banishment like it might have been in the past. If Powell gets a 3-year contract with the Raps, that's a damn good indication that we like him as a player.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
      you do if all he needs to work on is learning the game

In Powells case he needs gym time and coaching to work on his shot, not playing against dleagers.

He had 4 years of College to play against similar talent levels.
      He'll get more time to use his skills in game with the 5 though.

Playing time is just as important as gym time.
      Axel wrote:
      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
      KeonClark wrote:
      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
      KeonClark wrote:
      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
        Okay....

Take a good look at #1 overalls in other sports, and you'll see that not all are starters right away.

Here's a saying you need to follow: Things take time, and you can't rush it.

I'll admit Bennett was a bad pick, but I'll also admit he wasn't NBA-ready. I think guys need to actually play college ball, not just do one year and then BOOM myself. Hence why some high-school guys never panned out either.
        Just saying there are certain expectations at draft spots. #1 overall, lottery pick, late first, early second, late second.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
          He'll get more time to use his skills in game with the 5 though.

Playing time is just as important as gym time.
          not when you need to work on you shooting.

Shooting is just shooting, it has less to do with game time situations as it does with form, technique and muscle memory.

Korver never learned to shoot in the dleague, hell Carrol.

Carroll was a bad shooter coming into the league, and he learned to shoot...not from Dleague games, not from playing overseas, but from the practice court.

Comment

• So with Scola what number does Powell get?
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
              how the Raptor view Powell is only a couple months off. If they think he could challange DD or Ross then they got a first rounder. if they send him down to D-league they dont see him any better than Danials. then next year they evaluate DD, Ross and Powell. if they see apowell starting hes a great second if hes a bench guy a good second and if they send him to d-league hes just a typical second. there isnt any point speculating just wait and see
              You're talking about an entirely different topic than what started this conversation.

The Raptors said they had him ranked as a 1st round pick (ie: top-30 on their big board), in a tier just below the tier Wright was in.

What his contract looks like, how they develop him, how much playing time he gets, whether or not he gets sent to the D-league, regardless of what he ultimately becomes, the Raptors pre-draft ranking (ie: top-30 on their big board) will NEVER change.

The Raptors came out of the 2015 draft with 2 players they had ranked in their top-30 (equivalent to 1st round, since there are 30 picks per round). Full stop. End of story.

There's nothing to argue.

Your opinion doesn't change the Raptors pre-draft ranking.

Your expectations of various draft slots doesn't change the Raptors pre-draft ranking.

Your preferred player development methodology doesn't change the Raptors pre-draft ranking.

The Raptors said they had Powell ranked in their top-30; there's no discussion or debate to be had, yet you've chased one for the last two pages!

Comment

• Games aren't everything to the incredibly raw player, like Bruno, who needs a ton a skill development, scrimmages can suffice for game-scenarios for a short while. I believe they get more and more important the more developed one becomes as a player. If a guy is ready to play, like Norm seems to be, and you don't have minutes for them, that's a frustrating setback. That's what makes the 905s so important because there's still a ton of learning, in terms of systems and plays, that make him less ready and less likely to get on the court than even Ross, who has been playing under Casey for 3 years now.

Powell is going to get some run in for the 905s, and that's a damn good thing.

Comment

• I apologize in advance if this has been already discussed but I noticed that Joseph Young who was drafted by Pacers in second round, was signed for four years.
                  And I was wondering if it is by any chance possible for Norman Powell to be signed for four years??

I literally had orgasm watching Norman Powell last few games
                  I think Norman Powell is THE wing/guard that Raptors fans prayed for last 10 years...
                  HE PLAYS DEFENCE AND I CAN'T TELL IF I AM LOOKING AT MONTA ELLIS BACK IN GOLDEN STATE OR SOMEONE ELSE, WHEN NORMAN POWELL IS ON THE FAST BREAK
                  AND TO ME IT SEEMS THAT HE GOT THAT MENTAL TOUGHNESS, WHICH ROSS WILL NEVER GET
                  As long as he doesn't turn into Kyle Lowry, where mental toughness transformed into Ego, this guy honestly will be something else
                  Last edited by Triplethreat89; Wed Jul 15, 2015, 01:37 PM.

Comment

• Raptors999 vs The World.
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• oseebhai wrote: View Post
                      Just looking at this guy's hustle and effort level makes me angry at Ross.
                      I wonder if sending TR to D-league for a short stint might be worth consideration?

Comment

• Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
                        I apologize in advance if this has been already discussed but I noticed that Joseph Young who was drafted by Pacers in second round, was signed for four years.
                        And I was wondering if it is by any chance possible for Norman Powell to be signed for four years??

I think Norman Powell is THE wing/guard that Raptors fans prayed for last 10 years...
                        HE PLAYS DEFENCE AND I CAN'T TELL IF I AM LOOKING AT MONTA ELLIS BACK IN GOLDEN STATE OR SOMEONE ELSE, WHEN NORMAN POWELL IS ON THE FAST BREAK
                        As long as he doesn't turn into Kyle Lowry, where mental toughness transformed into Ego, this guy honestly will be something else
                        Literally?

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                          I wonder if sending TR to D-league for a short stint might be worth consideration?
                          Something tells me he's not going to agree to that in a contract year.

Comment

• Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
                            I apologize in advance if this has been already discussed but I noticed that Joseph Young who was drafted by Pacers in second round, was signed for four years.

It would be incredibly foolish to give him a 4 year deal. 3 years is the sweet spot - you get full Bird rights but the player remains a RFA.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                              Literally?
                              Yesss future looks wayy too bright!! (I seriously hope I am not jinxing it)

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                It would be incredibly foolish to give him a 4 year deal. 3 years is the sweet spot - you get full Bird rights but the player remains a RFA.
                                If its possible to go further than 2nd round rookie deal, wouldn't we automatically put in team option or something?? and I think the whole bird rights thing is overrated.. it ultimately comes down to whether player wants to stay or not no?

But either way, I really don't think it would be incredibly foolish or foolish at all, assuming that rookie contract wouldn't be more than $2M range, especially since salary caps throughout the league is rising

What's more foolish is keeping Ross in this team, in my personal opinion
                                Last edited by Triplethreat89; Wed Jul 15, 2015, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X