No announcement yet.

Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, let's get this back on topic. One issue that's been raised about Powell is his size for SG, being potentially offset by his massive wingspan. Just looking at some draft combine measurements from DraftExpress, Powell's overall size is pretty comparable to D-Wade.

Cue the ..."Wtf, dude. Now you're comparing Powell to D-Wade" over-reaction. lol.)

Comment

• Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
      If its possible to go further than 2nd round rookie deal, wouldn't we automatically put in team option or something?? and I think the whole bird rights thing is overrated.. it ultimately comes down to whether player wants to stay or not no?

But either way, I really don't think it would be incredibly foolish or foolish at all, assuming that rookie contract wouldn't be more than $2M range, especially since salary caps throughout the league is rising

What's more foolish is keeping Ross in this team, in my personal opinion
      Well, the whole point of RFA is that it does not come down to if the player wants to stay. Team has (near) complete control.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I've said before: Best comparison for Powell on size is good ol Franchise.
        Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:
        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          Ok, let's get this back on topic. One issue that's been raised about Powell is his size for SG, being potentially offset by his massive wingspan. Just looking at some draft combine measurements from DraftExpress, Powell's overall size is pretty comparable to D-Wade.

Cue the ..."Wtf, dude. Now you're comparing Powell to D-Wade" over-reaction. lol.)
          Would it be worth consideration to keep him to play back up SG and send Delon Wright to D-League?

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            Well, the whole point of RFA is that it does not come down to if the player wants to stay. Team has (near) complete control.
            ohhhhh hmmm...

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
              Would it be worth consideration to keep him to play back up SG and send Delon Wright to D-League?
              D-League is going to be a constant rotation of 4 or 5 players through the 3 available spots, except when there are injuries and guys need to stay up as backups.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                I've said before: Best comparison for Powell on size is good ol Franchise.
                Pretty sure Francis was quite a bit smaller.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                  Pretty sure Francis was quite a bit smaller.
                  Francis was 6'3 with quite the big wingspan back in the day though.

He also was a better fit at SG usually... even though he passed the ball often.
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

It would be incredibly foolish to give him a 4 year deal. 3 years is the sweet spot - you get full Bird rights but the player remains a RFA.
                    Why is a 4 year deal foolish? Wouldn't it be better to have him on a super cheap deal for 4 years than 3 years if we believe he's gonna be good? Does a 4 year deal not make the player a RFA like a 3 year deal does? I'm under the impression you get RFA and Bird Rights from a 4 year deal with the added benefit of one more year of paying them jack shit.

Comment

Francis was 6'3 with quite the big wingspan back in the day though.

He also was a better fit at SG usually... even though he passed the ball often.
                      Francis was 6'3 in shoes, versus 6'4.5 - a fair difference. He looked like he was flying in the dunk comp because he was so small; I don't remember his arms being overly long. He definitely looked the part of point guard, whereas Powell's body is putting swing men to shame in summer league.
                      Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Wed Jul 15, 2015, 02:54 PM.

Comment

I've said before: Best comparison for Powell on size is good ol Franchise.
                        I think Tony Allen is the perfect comparison.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Primer wrote:
                          Why is a 4 year deal foolish? Wouldn't it be better to have him on a super cheap deal for 4 years than 3 years if we believe he's gonna be good? Does a 4 year deal not make the player a RFA like a 3 year deal does? I'm under the impression you get RFA and Bird Rights from a 4 year deal with the added benefit of one more year of paying them jack shit.
                          Yeah, starting a contract 600,000 it's play-money even in the old cap era. Having a rotation guy locked into that small a contract for 4-years when guys are getting 10 mill plus for spot-minutes seems like a no-brainer. It doesn't work out you just waive him and move on.

Comment

• Primer wrote:
                            Nope.

It is one of the fine prints of the CBA.

When Houston didn't pick up Parsons fourth year, it made him a RFA. If they had picked up the 4th year option, he would have been UFA after year 4. Most thought there was a wink wink in place as his cap hold was so small.

There is also the possibility of ill-will by not paying a guy his worth in that 4th year...and you wouldn't want ill-will with an UFA.

Comment

• Primer wrote:
                              3 years = RFA.

4 years = UFA.

Only rookie scale contracts have an RFA status after 4 years. All other players (veteran non-draftees, second rounders) are RFA's for their first three years in the league.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

3 years = RFA.

4 years = UFA.

Only rookie scale contracts have an RFA status after 4 years. All other players (veteran non-draftees, second rounders) are RFA's for their first three years in the league.
                                Thanks, DEFINITELY 3 years then.

Comment

Working...
                                X