Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WJF wrote: View Post
    I think we should wait and see what Powell does in pre-season and some actual NBA games before we anoint him as a replacement for Ross. He has looked good so far, but he is a rookie and expectations must be in line with that. We are not talking about a lottery talent.

I sure hope he pans out though.
    He is a replacement for Ross,

And then Ross will replace Demar.

WOOOOOOOOTTTTT!!!!

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
      I think we should wait and see what Powell does in pre-season and some actual NBA games before we anoint him as a replacement for Ross. He has looked good so far, but he is a rookie and expectations must be in line with that. We are not talking about a lottery talent.

I sure hope he pans out though.
      Well at this point, it really isn't about over hyping Powell or not.

But instead, it is more about looking at Ross in realistic manners. Seriously, we need a reality check regarding Ross

For past 3 years, he really showed that he just doesn't have the 'heart'.

He is the type of guy who needs to go to Spurs or other military-like basketball system, to get the most out of his true potential

Well, unfortunately time is cruel and merciless.

I mean it's already been 3 years

Comment

• Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
        Well at this point, it really isn't about over hyping Powell or not.

But instead, it is more about looking at Ross in realistic manners. Seriously, we need a reality check regarding Ross

For past 3 years, he really showed that he just doesn't have the 'heart'.

He is the type of guy who needs to go to Spurs or other military-like basketball system, to get the most out of his true potential

Well, unfortunately time is cruel and merciless.

I mean it's already been 3 years
        Right, but in those three years he showed he was a capable 10+ ppg player that took on some challenging defensive assignments. And I don't know if you noticed but we still need perimeter shooting. I guess a lot depends on how much you buy in to his bone spurs and some off-the-court distractions affecting his play. I see a guy that is due for a solid year as a shooting roleplayer off the bench.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          Right, but in those three years he showed he was a capable 10+ ppg player that took on some challenging defensive assignments. And I don't know if you noticed but we still need perimeter shooting. I guess a lot depends on how much you buy in to his bone spurs and some off-the-court distractions affecting his play. I see a guy that is due for a solid year as a shooting roleplayer off the bench.
          Well, he gives up way more than 10 points per game on the defensive end though, within 25 minutes per game that he averaged
          Most of the times, I see Ross just lost on the defence. I really don't think it had anything to do with him guarding tough players or not

Ross = Salmons 2.0 (in raptors system that is)
          Last edited by Triplethreat89; Wed Jul 15, 2015, 04:45 PM.

Comment

• RaptorsMR ‏@RaptorsMR now3 seconds ago

@Raptors have signed 2015 second-round draft pick guard Norman Powell.
            0 retweets 0 favorites

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              RaptorsMR ‏@RaptorsMR now3 seconds ago

0 retweets 0 favorites

Awesome.
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

0 retweets 0 favorites
                So does this make Powell a 1st round pick, or a 2nd? I'm so confused.

Comment

• The backcourt is packed full of hungry kids. Licking their chops, ready to devour "playstation ross" all the way out of toronto
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    So does this make Powell a 1st round pick, or a 2nd? I'm so confused.
                    Still a second round pick.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      The backcourt is packed full of hungry kids. Licking their chops, ready to devour "playstation ross" all the way out of toronto
                      I am very scared... what if Ross ruins it all like Salmons once did...

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                        I think Carroll might be the best thing to happen to Ross/DD. I always thought of Ross as more of a 6 man type of player. Think that role suits him the best. Seeing how streaky he is. I think Ross will have a very productive year.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          I think Carroll might be the best thing to happen to Ross/DD. I always thought of Ross as more of a 6 man type of player. Think that role suits him the best. Seeing how streaky he is. I think Ross will have a very productive year.
                          why not invest in Powell to develop consistency instead though
                          why throw more gold into sinking ship??
                          WHY??
                          Sunken Cost Fallacy??

Comment

0 retweets 0 favorites
                            Nice!
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
                              why not invest in Powell to develop consistency instead though
                              why throw more gold into sinking ship??
                              WHY??
                              Sunken Cost Fallacy??
                              Powell will be developed but Ross already has 1 NBA skill which is 3pt shooting and this team desperately needs outside shooting. There's no way you can play Powell with DD or JJ
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                              X