No announcement yet.

Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quality signing, and great structure to be able to keep him if he develops or cut him loose if he fails.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      Good contract. Will be interesting to see how much for.

2 years guaranteed.

3rd year team option.

Nice.
      My guess is pennies by NBA standards. Seemingly good find by MU. The man is 23 and so what you see near the end of this season or the next might be what you get from him for his career.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        My guess is pennies by NBA standards. Seemingly good find by MU. The man is 23 and so what you see near the end of this season or the next might be what you get from him for his career.
        Oh definitely.

I was musing more along the lines will it be minimum $525k or will it be bumped a little to like $700k - Raps do have cap space to do that.

But with 2 years guaranteed it might be straight minimum which isn't bad at all for a 2nd round pick.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          Oh definitely.

I was musing more along the lines will it be minimum $525k or will it be bumped a little to like $700k - Raps do have cap space to do that.

But with 2 years guaranteed it might be straight minimum which isn't bad at all for a 2nd round pick.
          I think you give him the very minimum and tell him there will be a lot more when he provea himself in the NBA.

Powell should then take that with a smile and be thankful he gets a shot.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

I think you give him the very minimum and tell him there will be a lot more when he provea himself in the NBA.

Powell should then take that with a smile and be thankful he gets a shot.

With guaranteed money for 2 seasons, I think that is fair.

Comment

odds are this statement is correct but then again look at Steve Nash career, or even kidd he didn't develop a good shot until the end of his career.

Comment

• Same as the other players we have on rookie contracts.

NOT TO HIJACK THE FORUM, but this is why it's make or break time TR & JV.

Comment

• Day One wrote: View Post
                  odds are this statement is correct but then again look at Steve Nash career, or even kidd he didn't develop a good shot until the end of his career.
                  Guys like Nash and English are ultra rarities. Yeah, it's possible but highly unlikely.

Comment

• alright if no one's going to back "active roster" Powell the only other thing i'll allow is General Powell
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I read somewhere that we have to use some cap space in addition to the minimum in order to be able to offer three years. I think it was Blake that said it. So this will be an above min deal, I'm just not sure how that all plays out
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• I liked Norman Power
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• alright General Powell it is
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I am the only one who thinks Powell is overrated? You guys are really hyping this guy.
                            your pal,
                            ebrian

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                              I am the only one who thinks Powell is overrated? You guys are really hyping this guy.
                              You are dead to me.

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                                I am the only one who thinks Powell is overrated? You guys are really hyping this guy.
                                Have you watched any summer league? No reason not to hype him based on what we've seen so far. If you haven't watched yet, tune in tonight for the Powell Ranger show.

Comment

Working...
                                X