Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ebrian wrote: View Post
    If anything at best I'm hoping this hype will light a fire under Terrence Ross to get him going.
    You could light an actual fire under TRoss and he wouldn't get going.

But hey, it is a contract year, so you never know...

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

Terrence Ross is going to be a very serviceable SG off the bench who plays adequate defense and has a good 3 pt shot. I don't know why people are still hanging on to so much angst about him/want to trade him for doughnuts if he's not going to be starting.

Although I do like doughnuts.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

.... he'd probably just fart on it nonchalantly, without a care for what would happen next. lol.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
          Your too late, the Stormin' Norman hype train has already left the station!
          And you have the avatar to prove it!

Comment

• LOVE the nickname.

Stormin Norman sounds epic. I just hope he keeps this going.
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
              LOVE the nickname.

Stormin Norman sounds epic. I just hope he keeps this going.
              There is already a Stormin' Norman. This guy. Though, he's dead. But still.

Comment

• so...nobody is even entertaining Norman Power eh?
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                  Your too late, the Stormin' Norman hype train has already left the station!
                  Your avatar is great LOL

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                    Terrence Ross is going to be a very serviceable SG off the bench who plays adequate defense and has a good 3 pt shot. I don't know why people are still hanging on to so much angst about him/want to trade him for doughnuts if he's not going to be starting.

Although I do like doughnuts.
                    This goes along with my reasoning that the Raptors (and MLSE in general) are famous for labeling players something they're not. This leads to players getting over paid, fans getting pissed off and coming up with ridiculous trade proposals.

Masai has taken a couple steps away from this now and I think that's going to continue to be his approach with Powell and our other young players. Where BC would label these players a God-send, Masai just says "ya they're rookies, they do some stuff we liked, hopefully they work out and we'll see"

That's my approach with Powell. He does some stuff that I like and his talent in many respects is sticking out amongst his peers. That's pretty good for a second rounder and appears to be worth a shot at the higher level.

Plus we have the D-League so if time dries up and he's not getting on the floor he can go to the d-league to continue his development and growth. I think all our prospects will cycle through both teams, so it's nice to see one more player added to that mix.
                    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                    Because its 2015

Comment

• the fact that we have D-League changes everything to be honest. Probably the best thing Masai did in his tenure.
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                        I'm most excited that we found such great value in the second round. Finding second round talent that can contribute in the NBA is mandatory for teams to be successful. look at what the Spurs do in the second round. When you're a winning team you don't get high draft picks so you have to find contributors in the later rounds and have a system to develop them in. That's how the Spurs stay so successful. Outside of Duncan all of the Spurs "stars" were found in the later rounds of the draft. Pretty remarkable.
                        Finding talent is part of the issue tho. The reason the Spurs are continually so good at getting help from late picks is because they are so good at developing them. Yes the Raps did well with finding Powell but im still not sold on how well he will be developed by the coaching staff.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                          Finding talent is part of the issue tho. The reason the Spurs are continually so good at getting help from late picks is because they are so good at developing them. Yes the Raps did well with finding Powell but im still not sold on how well he will be developed by the coaching staff.
                          It's going to take time to create a player development system, but they are well on their way to doing it. Just look at what has happened from that standpoint in the past 2 years.
                          Because its 2015

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            the fact that we have D-League changes everything to be honest. Probably the best thing Masai did in his tenure.
                            You should probably thank this guy more:

If Tim wasn't around, nothing would have been done about it.

Comment

• Guys, the Norman Powell thread has more comments than the DeMarre Carroll one...
                              Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                                Guys, the Norman Powell thread has more comments than the DeMarre Carroll one...
                                #TradeDeMarreCarroll

Comment

Working...
                                X