Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    Guys, the Norman Powell thread has more comments than the DeMarre Carroll one...

Comment

• Just goes to show that people really, really overvalue young players.

Don't get me wrong, I like prospects too but it's just funny to me how every prospect is the next big thing to people here and the grass is always greener on the other side. Noah Vonleh is gonna be a Love/Bosh hybrid, Powell gonna be a poor man's DWade, rofl.

DeMar was supposed to be Vince Carter at one point, and JV was supposed to be Pau Gasol meets Tyson Chandler lmfao

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
        Just goes to show that people really, really overvalue young players.

Don't get me wrong, I like prospects too but it's just funny to me how every prospect is the next big thing to people here and the grass is always greener on the other side. Noah Vonleh is gonna be a Love/Bosh hybrid, Powell gonna be a poor man's DWade, rofl.

DeMar was supposed to be Vince Carter at one point, and JV was supposed to be Pau Gasol meets Tyson Chandler lmfao
        Your just jelous of Norman
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Norman Powell moves like Ben Gordon

The bow-legged, strong strides make me see BG all the time

Not saying the play similar...but they move the same

Comment

No ones saying that Powell will be a poor mans Dwyane Wade, that would imply Wade is better than him.

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
              No ones saying that Powell will be a poor mans Dwyane Wade, that would imply Wade is better than him.
              😂

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                Guys, the Norman Powell thread has more comments than the DeMarre Carroll one...
                Norman Powell just played in 4 games and most of us had never seen him play before, Carroll did one media appearance a week ago. There is just a ton more to talk about with Powell right now, shouldn't surprise anyone.

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
                  hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

powell better hit that outside shot at a 35%+ clip or those drives with soft finishes are done in the big leagues. love the defense though

Comment

Come on, the Norman Powell Hype Train is leaving the station and I've saved you a seat. It's not too late!

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• People forget, but Wade wasn't a particularly good shooter as a young guy. Part of the reason he endeared himself to so many was his ability to get to the rim, defend and be a great teammate.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                        People forget, but Wade wasn't a particularly good shooter as a young guy. Part of the reason he endeared himself to so many was his ability to get to the rim, defend and be a great teammate.
                        Remember when Vince tole MoPete to dial it back a bit so he could preserve his longevity? Wade was the opposite of that. So was Derrick Rose. And Russel Westbrook.

Everyone wants guys to go 100%, but can super aggressive guards do that night after night and stay healthy for 10+ years? The contact a guy like Wade absorbed on so many drives, usually ended up on his back with the cameramen....you just can't keep doing that driving into 7' tall 260lbs+ forwards, can you?
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                          Remember when Vince tole MoPete to dial it back a bit so he could preserve his longevity? Wade was the opposite of that. So was Derrick Rose. And Russel Westbrook.

Everyone wants guys to go 100%, but can super aggressive guards do that night after night and stay healthy for 10+ years? The contact a guy like Wade absorbed on so many drives, usually ended up on his back with the cameramen....you just can't keep doing that driving into 7' tall 260lbs+ forwards, can you?
                          A big thing with Wade iirc was that when he was out for the year with his knee issues he had two options for surgery: be out for a very long time but be back 100% or sit for less time but be back not quite the same. He chose the second and it has haunted him since. Pretty sure Shump had the same injury but did the other surgery

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                            A big thing with Wade iirc was that when he was out for the year with his knee issues he had two options for surgery: be out for a very long time but be back 100% or sit for less time but be back not quite the same. He chose the second and it has haunted him since. Pretty sure Shump had the same injury but did the other surgery
                            Yup Wade removed his meniscus which helps you in the short term but bad for your knees longterm.
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Norm's going to have quite the highlight reel from this little campaign, despite not advancing.

Comment

• Wade still can't shoot. Never understood how he gets ppl to bite on his pumpfakes.
                                But boy he was fun to watch.

ceez wrote: View Post
                                People forget, but Wade wasn't a particularly good shooter as a young guy. Part of the reason he endeared himself to so many was his ability to get to the rim, defend and be a great teammate.

Comment

Working...
                                X