Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    Guys, the Norman Powell thread has more comments than the DeMarre Carroll one...
    Haven't seen Carroll play yet... and Powell was our best SL player.

Just wait until the season starts.
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• The only thing that I didn't particular like with the way Norman was playing last night and a couple of the other games was that he didn't attempt to stop the other team's players when they were on a fast break. He let them blow by him without much effort or contestation. Like when Dougie McBuckets blew by him to the rim and scored and got the and 1, I didn't see Norman exert enough effort to stop him, which was costly as it was the end of the game and the game was on the line. Perhaps, he was tired or maybe he was too small of a defender but I think he could have held him so McBuckets wouldn't have been able to get off the shot. Although this is only summer league, I hope he becomes a smarter defender in fast break transitions, especially when its 1 on 1.
      Last edited by BS10; Fri Jul 17, 2015, 06:08 PM.
      #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• Katman wrote: View Post
        Same as the other players we have on rookie contracts.

NOT TO HIJACK THE FORUM, but this is why it's make or break time TR & JV.
        With Bebe and Powell on the come up. I agree it is make or break time for these two vets.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Teams don't dump two players for two players that haven't played NBA minutes. If they develop it just means a deeper team.

Comment

• True, but you don't have to offer extension either

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
              Just goes to show that people really, really overvalue young players.

Don't get me wrong, I like prospects too but it's just funny to me how every prospect is the next big thing to people here and the grass is always greener on the other side. Noah Vonleh is gonna be a Love/Bosh hybrid, Powell gonna be a poor man's DWade, rofl.

DeMar was supposed to be Vince Carter at one point, and JV was supposed to be Pau Gasol meets Tyson Chandler lmfao
              Is there a rule that the amount of comments in a players thread determines how good we think they are?

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                With Bebe and Powell on the come up. I agree it is make or break time for these two vets.
                I don't think you are a vet if you are on your rookie deal still...

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                  I don't think you are a vet if you are on your rookie deal still...
                  Haha, don't you know IT'S ULTIMATUM TIME FOR TERRENCE ROSS!! AND JV!!! AND DEMAR!!! AND CASEY!!! AND MASAI UJIRI!!!!

I think I've captured the main guys who HAVE TO SHOW US SOMETHING THIS YEAR before they all lose their jobs.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• JV will get an extension 100%

Comment

• CBS's "The Best Of Summer League" mentions Powell as one of the top rooks:

Inarguably one of the biggest risers throughout all of the Summer Leagues, Powell is a freakish prospect with a near 7 foot wingspan and the ability to possibly guard three positions. At 6-4, he’s not quite a point guard, and that, combined with his suspect shooting ability (and the fact that he just wasn’t very good at UCLA), is what forced him into the second round. He sure looks like a steal now, posting per 36s of 25.7 points, 6.0 rebounds and 2.1 blocks. It’s his utilization of perhaps his best physical attribute, his incredible wingspan, that’s allowed him to successfully guard people on one end and finish at the other. Several of his layups came from simply sticking his arms up as he sprinted to the basket, knowing that his defenders just don’t have the length to contest. He uses the rim well, and just looks like an effective NBA player all around.
                      http://hardwoodparoxysm.com/2015/07/...medium=twitter

Comment

• Made it in the top 10 rookies of summer league:

http://www.nba.com/2015/news/feature...=iref:nbahpt3c

10. Norman Powell, Raptors (10)
                        Powell was not at his best Thursday, making just five of 14 shots, but he has been one of the best rookies in Las Vegas. The 15 points against Bulls came after the No. 46 pick had scored 19, 19 and 20 points the three previous appearances while shooting 59.5 percent. He also had seven rebounds in one game and five in another at the off guard.

Comment

• We should have a poll to settle on a nick name, otherwise we'll be stuck with something lame from Matt Devlin.

Comment

We should have a poll to settle on a nick name, otherwise we'll be stuck with something lame from Matt Devlin.
                            You can't stop Matt Devlin. You can only try to contain him.

Comment

We should have a poll to settle on a nick name, otherwise we'll be stuck with something lame from Matt Devlin.
                              We should have a poll on what nickname Devlin will give him.
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• I think he'll just work the hell out of "junkyard dog"
                                "Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X